Historic Jewish wedding performed on Temple Mount

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The Temple Institute announced Tuesday it had played an active part in an actual wedding ceremony on the Temple Mount "one recent morning", adding that this was only the second time a Jewish wedding was carried out on the Mount in over 2,000 years.

"It was a great blessing for this couple to begin their new life together at the holiest place on earth for the people of Israel, the location of the Holy Temple," said the Institute on Facebook. "This was a great achievement, in the face of the extreme anti-Jewish discrimination of the Muslim Waqf and the Israel Police which quashes all Jewish expression at the sacred site".

An engaged couple recently approached Rabbi Chaim Richman of the Institute and asked him if he would supervise their marriage on the Temple Mount. "After scrupulously examining the detailed halachot (Jewish law) concerning the marriage ceremony, and consulting with other rabbinical authorities, Rabbi Richman happily accepted the task upon himself".

'Historic' secret Jewish wedding performed on Temple Mount

------------------------

What a beautiful blessing! May this couple be granted joy and love and many tender children

And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide, and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, there were camels coming. And Rebecca lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she alighted from the camel. And she said unto the servant, "What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us?" And the servant said, "It is my master." And she took her veil and covered herself. And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebecca and she became his wife, and he loved her. And Isaac was comforted for his mother (who had died). Genesis, Chapter 24, verses 63-67

Jewish legend (Midrash) says that Isaac and Rebecca met on the Temple Mount, so it's an appropriately romantic setting for a Jewish wedding.

Disassemble The Dome of the Rock and move it to the Gaza Strip and rebuild it. Arabs have no business on the Temple Mount.

While I hope the couple is blessed with a long and happy life together, it is a tragedy that they had to hold this sacred ceremony in secret in this most Holy place so the people who usurped the place wouldn't get all violently pissy about it.

And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide, and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, there were camels coming. And Rebecca lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she alighted from the camel. And she said unto the servant, "What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us?" And the servant said, "It is my master." And she took her veil and covered herself. And the servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebecca and she became his wife, and he loved her. And Isaac was comforted for his mother (who had died). Genesis, Chapter 24, verses 63-67

Jewish legend (Midrash) says that Isaac and Rebecca met on the Temple Mount, so it's an appropriately romantic setting for a Jewish wedding.

Hopefully all those wishing to pray and visit the holiest of holy places will be able to do so without fear, soon enough

Once the terrorist state of Israel is dismantled and the land is renamed Palestine.

I would have no problem with the remaining dhimmi jews visiting the Haram esh-Sharif (Temple Mount) on supervised tours. ...... :cool:

Once the terrorist state of Israel is dismantled and the land is renamed Palestine.

I would have no problem with the remaining dhimmi jews visiting the Haram esh-Sharif (Temple Mount) on supervised tours. ...... :cool:

Well, then you are going against your own Quran. I mean when it comes to dismantling Israel. Doesn't it say in the Quran that the land of Israel is to be given to Moses' people? This is what Roudy says.

Dismantled by who? Certainly not by you goofy converts safely ensconced in the Great Satan.

And THIS is exactly the reason why ownership and control over the Temple Mount must never be reliquinshed. Dhimmis on our own holy site? Its offensive.

Only the Jewish people will be able to ensure the site is accessible to ALL.

You do know that doing so is illegal and against international law, it is all in the UN charter.

So you might kill all the worlds Jews but you will never rename Israel, and the muslims could be the dhimmi's they way things are going, and we could open a bratwurst shop in Mecca called little Mo's

Well, then you are going against your own Quran. I mean when it comes to dismantling Israel. Doesn't it say in the Quran that the land of Israel is to be given to Moses' people? This is what Roudy says.

He's a troll. I reached that conclusion already.

If you notice, he tries to become the slander-target and make each threat about himself, which is classic trollism. Let's not give him the pleasure of undeserved attention.

Lipush... this is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread.... but it is related to us who are of hispanic origin.

How do you say Spain in modern Hebrew?

I assume Sefarad is an ancient word for the country no longer in use?

What about Askhenaz?

If my memory serves me well I read somewhere it means Germany (in ancient Hebrew, I imagine).

Last edited:
Lipush... this is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread.... but it is related to us who are of hispanic origin.

How do you say Spain in modern Hebrew?

I assume Sefarad is an ancient word for the country no longer in use?

What about Askhenaz?

If my memory serves me well I read somewhere it means Germany (in ancient Hebrew, I imagine).

Sefarad is still the name for Spain in modern Hebrew. Germania is how you say Germany in Hebrew today (with the g having the "green" sound). Ashkenaz was the ancient Hebrew word for Germany--you're correct in that.

the Chief Rabbinate of Israel announced that entering Temple Mount is forbidden to Jews in contemporary days, in accordance to halakhic prohibition of temei ha'met (Impurity by contacting the dead, cemeteries etc.) on entering the Holy Temple (an Halachic status that applies for all Jews in our contemporary times), and the ambiguity on the exact location of the Temple in Temple Mount, with concern that someone will enter the Holy of Holies in error.
Temple Mount entry restrictions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally posted by ForeverYoung436
Sefarad is still the name for Spain in modern Hebrew. Germania is how you say Germany in Hebrew today (with the g having the "green" sound). Ashkenaz was the ancient Hebrew word for Germany--you're correct in that.

Fantastic, FY!! I'm speechless!!

So even today, sefaradi means literally the Spaniards, meaning, spanish Jews, the Jews from Spain.

Some years ago I listened to an awful lot of marvelous sefaradi songs in Ladino, the medieval spanish dialect spoken by Jews in Spain and Portugal...

And even today it still makes perfect sense to a spanish speaker...

I'm able to understand the entire lyrics of this song without any problem with avinu (our father) being the only exception:

Quando el Rey Nimrod al campo salia
When King Nimrod went out to the countryside
mirava en el cielo y en la estrelleria
He was looking at heaven and at the stars
vido una luz santa en la juderia
He saw a holy light in the Jewish quarter
que havia de naser Avraham Avinu.
[A sign] that Abraham, our father, was about to be born.

Avraham Avinu, Padre querido
Abraham Avinu, beloved father
Padre bendicho, luz de Yisrael
Blessed father, light of Israel

the Chief Rabbinate of Israel announced that entering Temple Mount is forbidden to Jews in contemporary days, in accordance to halakhic prohibition of temei ha'met (Impurity by contacting the dead, cemeteries etc.) on entering the Holy Temple (an Halachic status that applies for all Jews in our contemporary times), and the ambiguity on the exact location of the Temple in Temple Mount, with concern that someone will enter the Holy of Holies in error.

Not all Jewish people subscribe to that idea (for all sorts of reasons). Regardless -- the only people who get to decide whether the Jewish people SHOULD have access to the Temple Mount is the Jewish people. Muslims don't get a say.

The Temple Mount should be accessible by all people, of all faiths, at all times, to do whatever they feel is sacred and holy and necessary for their own faith (or just to visit). (Certain areas may be set aside for specific use). This is the morally correct stance, and the only morally correct stance. Fortunately, the Jewish faith not only allows this -- it celebrates this. That IS, after all, the INTENT of the Holy Place -- a place for people of all nations to have a relationship with G-d.

Chief Rabbinate in Israel changes from times to times. Each of them sees it in different way,

And all you Jew-Israeli haters will eat their heart out that Jews can enter the holiest of sites, under Palestinian noses, get married no less, and leave unscathed.

In. Your. Face.

Bunch of backward thinkers who need any other person before they can make a pact with another Human, or even with their invisible ruler in the Sky
All. Over. Your. Face.

Forum List

Back