History of Traditional Marriage

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
traditional marriage.gif
traditional marriage.gif
traditional%20marriage.gif

i see what you're trying to show...but it really doesn't negate the fact that traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

the traditional marriage argument is a weak one in today's society and with our laws.

i see what you're trying to show...but it really doesn't negate the fact that traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

the traditional marriage argument is a weak one in today's society and with our laws.

Nope.

Check out the links here.

nice try, but that does not dispel the fact that virtually all marriages have been between a man and a woman...thus, traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

Nope.

nice try, but that does not dispel the fact that virtually all marriages have been between a man and a woman...thus, traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

So traditionally marriage is what society deems it to be? Get ready for gay marriage.

Nope.

First you said "the fact that traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman". Then when you saw the proof that there is no such thing as "traditional" marriage, you changed it to "virtually all marriages have been between a man and a woman".

Next, you'll write that 'a lot, many, some were beteen a man and woman'.

A yurt's gotta yurtle.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nope.

First you said "the fact that traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman". Then when you saw the proof that there is no such thing as "traditional" marriage, you changed it to "virtually all marriages have been between a man and a woman".

Next, you'll write that 'a lot, many, some were beteen a man and woman'.

A yurt's gotta yurtle.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

you obviously don't understand what traditional means. traditional means what the vast majority of people or a society do. in marriage, it has been traditionally between a man and a woman. this is because 99.9% of marriages have been between a man and a woman. using .01% to claim there is no traditional marriage between a man and a woman is ignorant.

you didn't present facts so much as you presented bullshit propaganda. you do that all the time. and then you run away. you troll like that.

Nope.

So traditionally marriage is what society deems it to be? Get ready for gay marriage.

traditions change. and so does society. in our society you can get divorced in 1 day, marry and divorce as many times as you want. this blows the religious argument out of the water. if we allow such marriages and given that marriage is a contract in the US, there is absolutely no reason to deny gays the same access to marriage. the traditional argument falls flat given many marriages are no longer traditional.

but, traditionally, it is true that marriage has been between a man and a woman. Luddly Neddite can't grasp that simple fact.

Troll like Yurt count, 'one', 'two', 'lots', 'many'.

i'm having rational discussions with people about your thread topic and this is your first response? to troll....you can't debate your way out of a wet paper bag so all you do is insult, troll, lie and whatever else it is you do

you're so dumb fakey

Nope.

traditions change. and so does society. in our society you can get divorced in 1 day, marry and divorce as many times as you want. this blows the religious argument out of the water. if we allow such marriages and given that marriage is a contract in the US, there is absolutely no reason to deny gays the same access to marriage. the traditional argument falls flat given many marriages are no longer traditional.

but, traditionally, it is true that marriage has been between a man and a woman. Luddly Neddite can't grasp that simple fact.

"Tradition" in marriage has been fluid throughout history. Just because gender has been the one constant doesn't make it exempt from change.

Nope.

How many wives did Solomon have?

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

Oh wait, he just hung around with a bunch of sailors and the only women in his life were his mother and a prostitute.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that he had two fathers?

Nope.

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

Oh wait, he just hung around with a bunch of sailors and the only women in his life were his mother and a prostitute.

were they married to men?

Nope.

"Tradition" in marriage has been fluid throughout history. Just because gender has been the one constant doesn't make it exempt from change.

i agree. but saying that there is no traditional marriage between a man and a woman is a weak argument. the fact remains that, as you say, it has been the one constant, thus, it is absolutely true that in the traditional sense, marriage has been between a man and a woman.

Nope.

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

His mother wasn't when she conceived him.

Nope.

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

yet, she still married a man....you're not doing very well here.

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

If she never consummated the marriage then it wasn't a genuine marriage.

How about Abraham?

How many did Jesus have?

If she never consummated the marriage then it wasn't a genuine marriage.

:rolleyes:

when proven wrong, move the goal posts....

Forum List

Back