History of Traditional Marriage

Yurt says that traditionally marriage has been between men and women, but that it is something which is changing. Various people who, as far as I'm aware, are proponents of same sex marriage seem to get upset with him for saying so, even seem to assume he is arguing against same sex marriage. How does that work? Yurt is correct that marriage has traditionally been between men and women. He's also correct that the fact it has traditionally been so doesn't mean it is going to remain that way. Where is the problem? Is there some reason that one cannot point out the fact that marriage has almost always been between members of the opposite sex? Does support of same sex marriage somehow require a denial of the history of marriage?

There have been many different traditions in marriage over time. Most have changed. This one is, too. What did Yurt say that is untrue? :dunno:

i see what you're trying to show...but it really doesn't negate the fact that traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

the traditional marriage argument is a weak one in today's society and with our laws.

Nope.

Check out the links here.

nice try, but that does not dispel the fact that virtually all marriages have been between a man and a woman...thus, traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman.

So traditionally marriage is what society deems it to be? Get ready for gay marriage.

And sibling marriage. The argument for same sex marriage are the same as SSSM.

Yurt says that traditionally marriage has been between men and women, but that it is something which is changing. Various people who, as far as I'm aware, are proponents of same sex marriage seem to get upset with him for saying so, even seem to assume he is arguing against same sex marriage. How does that work? Yurt is correct that marriage has traditionally been between men and women. He's also correct that the fact it has traditionally been so doesn't mean it is going to remain that way. Where is the problem? Is there some reason that one cannot point out the fact that marriage has almost always been between members of the opposite sex? Does support of same sex marriage somehow require a denial of the history of marriage?

There have been many different traditions in marriage over time. Most have changed. This one is, too. What did Yurt say that is untrue? :dunno:

Yurt said nothing untrue.

Some on the LBGTQ-LMNOP side are upset that they appear to have made such a strong, winning argument that soon it will include same sex siblings.

Of course the history of marriage should be discussed openly and honestly. Marriage equality moves the history of marriage forward into the new territory of equality, particularly with the striking down of the Head and Master doctrine of Louisiana, a great blow to traditional marriage.

The inability to naturally procreate does not forbid marriage. To suggest such makes reason stare and distorts historical fact.

Marriage equality continues to incentivize the union for any couple, thus does not limit or minimize heterosexual privileges in marriage.

The fallacies of false comparison and slippery slope are just that: slippery slope.

The US is less than two months perhaps from having marriage equality the law of the land.

Of course the history of marriage should be discussed openly and honestly. Marriage equality moves the history of marriage forward into the new territory of equality, particularly with the striking down of the Head and Master doctrine of Louisiana, a great blow to traditional marriage.

The inability to naturally procreate does not forbid marriage. To suggest such makes reason stare and distorts historical fact.

Marriage equality continues to incentivize the union for any couple, thus does not limit or minimize heterosexual privileges in marriage.

The fallacies of false comparison and slippery slope are just that: slippery slope.

The US is less than two months perhaps from having marriage equality the law of the land.

yeah, that is why you said i was trolling....because i was honestly and openly discussing the history of marriage

other than you being a total fraud and asshole, i agree with your points above, even though you basically copied them from someone else's thoughts.

Forum List

Back