🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

History Through The Eyes....

History is an important area of study.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
...the words of 'American' philosopher, George Santayana
If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.

- George Bernard Shaw
Are you quoting the Hitler supporter and enthusiast of genocide?

Excellent.
No, I'm not quoting YOU!

Time for your "historical fiction" of Shaw!
Go.

Since this was your post...
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.

- George Bernard Shaw"

....you've identified yourself as both a liar and a fool.

But you must get tired of hearing everyone say that.

In post #2 above, Jeffrey Deaver paints a dramatic portrait of a the results of communist 're-education.'

5. Lest there be any doubt about the accuracy of the 'historical fiction'....

"Through 1966, secondary schools and colleges closed in China. Students -- many from the age of nine through eighteen -- followed Maoist directives to destroy things of the past that they believed should be no part of the new China: old customs, old habits, old culture and old thinking -- the "four olds."

In a state of euphoria and with support from the government and army, the students went about China's cities and villages, wrecking old buildings, old temples and old art objects.

To make a new and wonderful China, the Red Guards attacked as insufficiently revolutionary their parents, teachers, school administrators and everyone they could find as targets, including "intellectuals" and "capitalist roaders" within the Communist Party.

Filled with righteousness, the power of their numbers, and support from Mao, the campaigns for revolutionary change became violent. People seen as evil were beaten to death. Thousands of people died, including many who had committed suicide."
China from Mao to Deng

Clearly Jeffrey Deaver portrayed the facts of history.

Maoist directives to destroy things of the past that they believed should be no part of the new China: old customs, old habits, old culture and old thinking -- the "four olds."

That's actually being practiced right now in our public education system
bullshit. if anything you likely believe our schools teach too much history and wish they'd teach less.

History is an important area of study.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
...the words of 'American' philosopher, George Santayana
If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.

- George Bernard Shaw
Are you quoting the Hitler supporter and enthusiast of genocide?

Excellent.
No, I'm not quoting YOU!

Time for your "historical fiction" of Shaw!
Go.

Since this was your post...
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.

- George Bernard Shaw"

....you've identified yourself as both a liar and a fool.

But you must get tired of hearing everyone say that.
Coming from a liar like you, it's a compliment!
Thank you.

In post #2 above, Jeffrey Deaver paints a dramatic portrait of a the results of communist 're-education.'

"Through 1966, secondary schools and colleges closed in China. Students -- many from the age of nine through eighteen -- followed Maoist directives to destroy things of the past that they believed should be no part of the new China: old customs, old habits, old culture and old thinking -- the "four olds."

In a state of euphoria and with support from the government and army, the students went about China's cities and villages, wrecking old buildings, old temples and old art objects.

To make a new and wonderful China, the Red Guards attacked as insufficiently revolutionary their parents, teachers, school administrators and everyone they could find as targets, including "intellectuals" and "capitalist roaders" within the Communist Party.

Filled with righteousness, the power of their numbers, and support from Mao, the campaigns for revolutionary change became violent. People seen as evil were beaten to death. Thousands of people died, including many who had committed suicide."
China from Mao to Deng

Maoist directives to destroy things of the past that they believed should be no part of the new China: old customs, old habits, old culture and old thinking -- the "four olds."

bullshit. if anything you likely believe our schools teach too much history and wish they'd teach less.

The morons who "graduate" our high schools can't name three American Founding Fathers even if you spot them Adams and Franklin. They don't even have a clue who Scalia was

China from Mao to Deng

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth,their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

Work harder to overcome your lack of character.

China from Mao to Deng

The morons who "graduate" our high schools can't name three American Founding Fathers even if you spot them Adams and Franklin. They don't even have a clue who Scalia was
and again, that's bullshit.

China from Mao to Deng

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, that they have no adequate response to truth,their language falls to the vulgar.

It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

lack of character? like making up some lies about me and my family to tap dance around answering a simple yes or no question?

and sometimes the proper response to bullshit is to call it what it is

China from Mao to Deng

lack of character? like making up some lies about me and my family to tap dance around answering a simple yes or no question?

Calling your lack of character really got under your skin, huh?

Seems to indicate that I'm not alone in berating you on same.....only the most recent.

Excellent!

China from Mao to Deng

Seems to indicate that I'm not alone in berating you on same.....only the most recent.

Excellent!
how is it you think responding to you indicates that you "got under my skin?"

is this all you can do? make stuff up about people when you don't have anything of substance to say?

Excellent!
how is it you think responding to you indicates that you "got under my skin?"

is this all you can do? make stuff up about people when you don't have anything of substance to say?

Four posts.

Brings to mind this, by Thomas Hardy:

“Thou suffering thing,
Know that thy sorrow is my ecstasy,
That thy love's loss is my hate's profiting!”

Keep it up!

Historical or fiction?

6. The Chinese invasion and brutal conquest of Tibet is hardly any different from the iniquities of Hitler's invasions of European nations, and, arguably, even more brutal.

Yet, a pattern established from WWII, the mitigation and the attempt to hide communist atrocities, continues.

"Almost a half a century ago, Chinese troops invaded Tibet, bringing to sudden and violent end Tibet’s centuries old isolation beyond the Himalayas. Tibet’s unique brand of Buddhism formed the core of Tibetan culture and society, a radical contrast to the materialist anti-religion dogma of the Chinese communists." Invasion & After -

The results of the Chinese occupation of this gentle country followed the same pattern as depicted by Deaver in 'The Stone Monkey." (post #2 above.)

In the following, an elderly Tibetan widow describes the result of the Chinese Communist invasion, and the effects on her civilization.

"We had beautiful farms once, she finally began, my family and that of Jamyang's father. For as long as memory could reach each generation gave a son who became a great lama. We had many happy years. Even after the Chinese entered Lhasa it was years before they found us.
When they did it was just a lot of Chinese teenagers in military trucks. They put all the fathers and mothers on trial, accusing them of being landowners. The Chinese said that was a crime against the people. In some places landowners just lost their lands and became laborers, but here our people were proud. They declared the trial a sham. They said they were free Tibetans who could not be judged by Chinese children.
The Chinese laughed and said see if our bullets are a sham. They executed them all. Jamyang's parents. My husband. I was sick in bed or they would have killed me too."

"...his Chinese teachers said he was too bright to stay here. They sent him away, gave him a Chinese name. After college he visited, very excited. They were going to let him become a monk after all, to work in the Bureau of Religious Affairs.

Leshe sipped her tea and offered a bitter smile. I told him to be a monk you have to go to a monastery, have to study many years. He said he would be going to monasteries, to explain about the new order of things. I said he had become a puppet of those who had killed his own parents and he yelled at me, said I was just a backward old hag who knew nothing of the way of the world.

My brother visited him, tried to get him to leave the Bureau, to go to his gompa and become a real monk. A few weeks later my brother was thrown into prison, one of those gulag camps. They said he was a traitor to China. The Motherland they called it, she added in a melancholy tone." p. 248

It was nearly three years before Jamyang visited again. He was troubled. He kept staring at the tiger rug. He couldnt sleep. I found him up in one of the pastures. We sat in the moonlight and he confessed his shame. Not long after his last visit he had been offered a big promotion, but they had required him to prove his loyalty. So he had turned in his uncle. Jamyang had assumed he would be sent to some reeducation camp for a few months at most. .... Ugen had been sentenced to twenty years hard labor.

I explained to him that Ugen did not speak Chinese, did not write Chinese. I lifted the gau, [a unique type of ornamental charm, frame or box that almost every Tibetan uses. Usually pieces of prayer scarves, pictures of deities or other precious items are kept inside] that one you see there on the altar, and told him to study it.

He stared as if he had seen a ghost. I told him the truth then, for he knew that gau had been in the family for centuries, that it had been Ugens. It had been sent home to me six years before when Ugen killed himself in prison."
"Mandarin Gate," by Eliot Pattison, p.247-248

7. Karl Marx was the first modern political theorist who advanced genocide as the cure for the groups slow to obey his dicta. The first attempt is to eradicate the beliefs, the customs, that which precedes or bars the way to the communist Utopia. And so it is practiced in Tibet under Chinese Communist occupation.
Followed by slaughter.

The traditions, the religion, 'the old ways' must be wiped out....all traces obliterated,.....that's what Leftism does:

"There was a new political slogan favored by the Party head in Tibet:

The Communist Party Is Your New Buddha.

When he had first heard it, Shan had actually thought it was some kind of joke. But now the slogan was emblazoned on public walls and banners all over Tibet and offered up for Tibetan schoolchildren to recite like a militant mantra.

Shan looked back at the statue. The only Tibetan writing he had seen anywhere in Baiyun was inscribed along the top edge at the front of its pedestal: PRAISE THE GREAT LEADER TO WHOM WE OWE OUR LIVES AND PROSPERITY."

The government had begun paying a bounty for information on unregistered monks, much more for their capture, encouraging a new breed of bounty hunters who did the work of the police in ferreting out hidden lamas. "Bonecatchers," the Tibetans called such reviled men, for those they brought in were usually dazed, emaciated hermits who were little more than skin and bone. The bonecatcher who lured Jamyang into government hands would earn more than most Tibetans made in a year. There would be a police post in the town, with a jail. Once in the town the bighearted lama would never get out.

The knobs will learn of it, he said, referring to the dreaded Public Security bulldogs, the elite of Beijings many enforcement arms. They both knew that if the knobs discovered that one of the monk outlaws had been living here protected by the local Tibetans they would use it as an excuse to round up two or three dozen and ship them to one of Beijings new pacification camps."
From the novel, "Mandarin Gate," by Eliot Pattison

The Communist Party Is Your New Buddha....

"PRAISE THE GREAT LEADER TO WHOM WE OWE OUR LIVES AND PROSPERITY."

Haven't we heard that from both Roosevelt supporters....and Obama's?

8. The traditions, the religion, 'the old ways' must be wiped out....all traces obliterated,.....that's what Leftism does:
"There was a new political slogan favored by the Party head in Tibet:

The Communist Party Is Your New Buddha.

Remember back in '08, when all the elites were speaking of Obama as Jesus, God, and the messiah?

9. The pattern of shilling for communism.....placing all blame on their blood-brother, Nazism, was largely through the efforts of Franklin Roosevelt. The pattern itself, oppression and indoctrination, remains the same.

“Do you repent? Do you confess to clinging to the old values?”
“Confess and seek reeducation and we will spare you!”
“You are guilty of old thought, old culture, old values…”

And...as far as removing all traces of tradition, religion, and 'the old ways'.....it's part of Progressivism, too.....

Could this happen in Ameica?

Listen to Woodrow Wilson’s speech as president of Princeton: “Our problem is not merely to help students to adjust to themselves to world life…[but] to make them as unlike their fathers as we can.” (Michael McGerr, “A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement in America, 1870-1920,” p. 111

The traditions, the religion, 'the old ways' must be wiped out....all traces obliterated,.....that's what Leftism does.

10. How about Obama?

"U.S. President Barack Obama gives the commencement address to the graduating class of The Ohio State University at Ohio Stadium on May 5, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner.

You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted."
Obama To Grads: Reject Voices That Warn About Government Tyranny

The traditions, the religion, 'the old ways' must be wiped out....all traces obliterated,.....that's what Leftism does.

Historical or fiction?

6. The Chinese invasion and brutal conquest of Tibet is hardly any different from the iniquities of Hitler's invasions of European nations, and, arguably, even more brutal.

Yet, a pattern established from WWII, the mitigation and the attempt to hide communist atrocities, continues.

"Almost a half a century ago, Chinese troops invaded Tibet, bringing to sudden and violent end Tibet’s centuries old isolation beyond the Himalayas. Tibet’s unique brand of Buddhism formed the core of Tibetan culture and society, a radical contrast to the materialist anti-religion dogma of the Chinese communists." Invasion & After -

The results of the Chinese occupation of this gentle country followed the same pattern as depicted by Deaver in 'The Stone Monkey." (post #2 above.)

In the following, an elderly Tibetan widow describes the result of the Chinese Communist invasion, and the effects on her civilization.

"We had beautiful farms once, she finally began, my family and that of Jamyang's father. For as long as memory could reach each generation gave a son who became a great lama. We had many happy years. Even after the Chinese entered Lhasa it was years before they found us.
When they did it was just a lot of Chinese teenagers in military trucks. They put all the fathers and mothers on trial, accusing them of being landowners. The Chinese said that was a crime against the people. In some places landowners just lost their lands and became laborers, but here our people were proud. They declared the trial a sham. They said they were free Tibetans who could not be judged by Chinese children.
The Chinese laughed and said see if our bullets are a sham. They executed them all. Jamyang's parents. My husband. I was sick in bed or they would have killed me too."

"...his Chinese teachers said he was too bright to stay here. They sent him away, gave him a Chinese name. After college he visited, very excited. They were going to let him become a monk after all, to work in the Bureau of Religious Affairs.

Leshe sipped her tea and offered a bitter smile. I told him to be a monk you have to go to a monastery, have to study many years. He said he would be going to monasteries, to explain about the new order of things. I said he had become a puppet of those who had killed his own parents and he yelled at me, said I was just a backward old hag who knew nothing of the way of the world.

My brother visited him, tried to get him to leave the Bureau, to go to his gompa and become a real monk. A few weeks later my brother was thrown into prison, one of those gulag camps. They said he was a traitor to China. The Motherland they called it, she added in a melancholy tone." p. 248

It was nearly three years before Jamyang visited again. He was troubled. He kept staring at the tiger rug. He couldnt sleep. I found him up in one of the pastures. We sat in the moonlight and he confessed his shame. Not long after his last visit he had been offered a big promotion, but they had required him to prove his loyalty. So he had turned in his uncle. Jamyang had assumed he would be sent to some reeducation camp for a few months at most. .... Ugen had been sentenced to twenty years hard labor.

I explained to him that Ugen did not speak Chinese, did not write Chinese. I lifted the gau, [a unique type of ornamental charm, frame or box that almost every Tibetan uses. Usually pieces of prayer scarves, pictures of deities or other precious items are kept inside] that one you see there on the altar, and told him to study it.

He stared as if he had seen a ghost. I told him the truth then, for he knew that gau had been in the family for centuries, that it had been Ugens. It had been sent home to me six years before when Ugen killed himself in prison."
"Mandarin Gate," by Eliot Pattison, p.247-248

The Tibetan people still remember it all well. Almost 25 years ago, I recall people in Llahsa getting hit with the butt of a PLA rifle just for talking to me in the street. Even today some risk their lives to trek across the Himalayas to escape.

Forum List

Back