Hollywood at it again.....

American movies should not be taken as a reality. In the main they promote xenophobia by portraying the wider world as a dangerous and anti american place.
Taken is not a documentary and Paris is safer than Chicago.
Not all Albanians are people smugglers.

I think you can trace it all back to the Die Hard movies.

Great movies but not reality.

Not saying they should be taken as reality. Just saying it gets old when all we get is propaganda that bad Guys can only be white, christian, Russian, or some combination with a confederate battle flag thrown on top in case anyone needed any help.
I think it goes in cycles with bad guys reflecting the current bogey man. In the 80s it was South American drug gangs, in the 70s it was the corporations, in the 50s it was nazis and in the 60 it was commies.
It is very rarely Americans, even in westerns.
The flag is shorthand for stupid bastard and helps to define the character very quickly.

American movies should not be taken as a reality. In the main they promote xenophobia by portraying the wider world as a dangerous and anti american place.

Not saying they should be taken as reality. Just saying it gets old when all we get is propaganda that bad Guys can only be white, christian, Russian, or some combination with a confederate battle flag thrown on top in case anyone needed any help.
I think it goes in cycles with bad guys reflecting the current bogey man. In the 80s it was South American drug gangs, in the 70s it was the corporations, in the 50s it was nazis and in the 60 it was commies.
The flag is shorthand for stupid bastard and helps to define the character very quickly.

Russians are getting recycled when it should be all Muslims at this point.

Just watched the new purge.

Once again the bad guys are white and christian. One even had tattoos and a confederate flag patch lol

Good guys ... Black, Mexican, and white liberal.

Even the foreign bad guys were Russians.

Lord knows if we actually had a purge the Muslims would be all over it ....

When Muslims are at a historic rate of murder you think it would be nice for Hollywood to acknowledge that and quit blaming anything white, christian, or Russian.

It is a fictitious movie. A story told for entertainment. You are looking for the documentary section of Netflix.

Spoiler Alert: The Hunger Games are also fictitious stories. They 'seem' real because the people that make them are good at their jobs.

No..this is how the left wing lies are spread...the communists in the 30s and 40s knew that it was vital to control Hollywood.........

Hollywood is a vital arm of the left wing.....that is how they influence the culture...

Yes the whole human world is a conspiracy against you. I wouldn't trust that tin foil hat you wear, some other person made the aluminum foil and they might have been a left wing aluminum foil producer with designs on world domination. Petting their hairless cat in their evil lair with their sidekick MiniMe. You'll know them from other people when you introduce them to your father and they say "what's a fardger?".

No. It should be corporations.

Why?

Why?
They are the biggest threat to our way of life.

Uuuummmmm, seems like so many here have been watching our historical documents......... :eusa_whistle:

GalaxyQuest3.JPG

Kumbaya............. :eusa_whistle:

Why?
They are the biggest threat to our way of life.

Did I miss the news story on corporations chopping heads off of people and tossing gays off of buildings? While oppressing their women....

Just watched the new purge.

Once again the bad guys are white and christian. One even had tattoos and a confederate flag patch lol

Good guys ... Black, Mexican, and white liberal.

Even the foreign bad guys were Russians.

Lord knows if we actually had a purge the Muslims would be all over it ....

When Muslims are at a historic rate of murder you think it would be nice for Hollywood to acknowledge that and quit blaming anything white, christian, or Russian.

Who is to say that these things haven't already happened?

Forum List

Back