Hollywood wants their star back.

@realdonaldtrump (I tweeted thread)

Go get your star. Fuck them.

I'd dig it up in the middle of the night and leave them a gaping hole in the sidewalk. :fu:

Hollywood City Council Passes Resolution Requesting Removal Of Trump's Walk of Fame Star, Mayor Says

So....now they give stars only to take them away if you don't kowtow. Um. No.
trump paid $30k to have it put there. this is just show as there's no way they can remove it.

Are you sure that Trump paid for it? According to this article, the person who did the nominating to put them on the walk of fame pay for it.

Or.............maybe Trump nominated himself. He's been known to impersonate his publicist and to make fake Time covers showing him on the cover.

Celebrities have to pay $30k for their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Every year, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce selects around 24 celebrities to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

But it's not as simple as that. First, someone has to nominate these celebrities — this could be anyone from a publicist to a wealthy fan. Next, they must obtain that celebrity's consent, as the nominee must sign a form stating that they want a star, and that they will attend the unveiling of it.

If a person's application gets accepted, whoever did the nominating needs to pony up: a star costs $30,000. The Chamber of Commerce claims that half the cost goes into building the star, while the other half is used for upkeep.

Hollywood City Council Passes Resolution Requesting Removal Of Trump's Walk of Fame Star, Mayor Says

trump paid $30k to have it put there. this is just show as there's no way they can remove it.

Are you sure that Trump paid for it? According to this article, the person who did the nominating to put them on the walk of fame pay for it.

Or.............maybe Trump nominated himself. He's been known to impersonate his publicist and to make fake Time covers showing him on the cover.

Every year, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce selects around 24 celebrities to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

But it's not as simple as that. First, someone has to nominate these celebrities — this could be anyone from a publicist to a wealthy fan. Next, they must obtain that celebrity's consent, as the nominee must sign a form stating that they want a star, and that they will attend the unveiling of it.

If a person's application gets accepted, whoever did the nominating needs to pony up: a star costs $30,000. The Chamber of Commerce claims that half the cost goes into building the star, while the other half is used for upkeep.
no idea who paid for it, but someone has to pay for it in order for it to be there. my point more is that since it was paid for to be there, they can't just say "sorry" and remove it.

no idea who paid for it, but someone has to pay for it in order for it to be there. my point more is that since it was paid for to be there, they can't just say "sorry" and remove it.

Are you sure about that? What if they refund the money not spent on upkeep for the star? Of the 30,000 required to pay for it, half of that money is to go to upkeep. Refund 15,000 plus whatever wasn't used of the other 15,000 for upkeep.

Are you sure about that? What if they refund the money not spent on upkeep for the star? Of the 30,000 required to pay for it, half of that money is to go to upkeep. Refund 15,000 plus whatever wasn't used of the other 15,000 for upkeep.

show me where they can give the $ back and remove the star. honestly i don't give a shit what they do with it as long as someone gets their money back IF they want it. if they DO NOT want it then i would think there's an obligation to keep it there as paid for.

if they go the refund route, i want my $30k back, period.

so go ahead and school me on how this would work. give me links and official statements, not your blithering.

Some guy suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome beat them to it. He attacked it with a pick axe around 3 o'clock in the morning.
That wasn't an axe it was a toilet scrub brush, the street camera caught the suspect seen here:
images-7.jpeg

show me where they can give the $ back and remove the star. honestly i don't give a shit what they do with it as long as someone gets their money back IF they want it. if they DO NOT want it then i would think there's an obligation to keep it there as paid for.

so go ahead and school me on how this would work. give me links and official statements, not your blithering.

I was just hazarding a guess, based on the way other things work. But, I decided to dig a bit deeper, and no, the star will not be removed, no matter how much people bitch about it. Incidentally, neither will Bill Cosby's. UK Independent did a pretty decent story about this very thing. Once a star is put down, because of the Walk's historic status, it is permanent.

There. I did the research. Happy?

This is why the removal of Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a historic first

When sexual harassment allegations against mogul Harvey Weinstein broke in autumn 2017, the subsequent #MeToo movement led to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce receiving a slew of enquiries about the possible removal of stars to celebrities subsequently accused of similar misdemeanours like Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey and the director Brett Ratner.

“The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has received enquiries asking whether we are planning to remove the stars of Walk of Famers because of alleged misconduct. The answer is no,” the body said in a press statement last November.

“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark. Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk.”

tutt tutt.

if it's going to be a public nuisance & a possible liability, then the city has every right to have it removed.

tutt tutt.

if it's going to be a public nuisance & a possible liability, then the city has every right to have it removed.
How can a city have the right to physically remove Maxine Waters for being be a "public nuisance & a possible liability"?

I was just hazarding a guess, based on the way other things work. But, I decided to dig a bit deeper, and no, the star will not be removed, no matter how much people bitch about it. Incidentally, neither will Bill Cosby's. UK Independent did a pretty decent story about this very thing. Once a star is put down, because of the Walk's historic status, it is permanent.

There. I did the research. Happy?

This is why the removal of Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a historic first

When sexual harassment allegations against mogul Harvey Weinstein broke in autumn 2017, the subsequent #MeToo movement led to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce receiving a slew of enquiries about the possible removal of stars to celebrities subsequently accused of similar misdemeanours like Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey and the director Brett Ratner.

“The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has received enquiries asking whether we are planning to remove the stars of Walk of Famers because of alleged misconduct. The answer is no,” the body said in a press statement last November.

“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark. Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk.”
Yep. I was gonna look after dinner but you saved me the effort.

Seriously thank you.

Forum List

Back