Holocaust Museum Condemns Treatment Of Syrian Refugees In U.S.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
"While recognizing that security concerns must be fully addressed, we should not turn our backs on the thousands of legitimate refugees."

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum condemned the U.S. treatment of Syrian refugees on Thursday and compared their plight to the ordeal of Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust.

Over half of U.S. governors and a slew of national and local lawmakers have recently said they would turn away Syrian refugees in light of last week's attacks in Paris. During World War II, the U.S. government rejected thousands of Jews fleeing Europe, fearing they were Nazi spies.

Here's the museum's statement:

Acutely aware of the consequences to Jews who were unable to flee Nazism, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum looks with concern upon the current refugee crisis. While recognizing that security concerns must be fully addressed, we should not turn our backs on the thousands of legitimate refugees.

The Museum calls on public figures and citizens to avoid condemning today’s refugeesas a group. It is important to remember that many are fleeing because they have been targeted by the Assad regime and ISIS for persecution and in some cases elimination on the basis of their identity.​

More: Holocaust Museum Condemns Treatment Of Syrian Refugees In U.S.

This should give anti-refugee Republicans something to think about.

"While recognizing that security concerns must be fully addressed, we should not turn our backs on the thousands of legitimate refugees."

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum condemned the U.S. treatment of Syrian refugees on Thursday and compared their plight to the ordeal of Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust.

Over half of U.S. governors and a slew of national and local lawmakers have recently said they would turn away Syrian refugees in light of last week's attacks in Paris. During World War II, the U.S. government rejected thousands of Jews fleeing Europe, fearing they were Nazi spies.

Acutely aware of the consequences to Jews who were unable to flee Nazism, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum looks with concern upon the current refugee crisis. While recognizing that security concerns must be fully addressed, we should not turn our backs on the thousands of legitimate refugees.

The Museum calls on public figures and citizens to avoid condemning today’s refugeesas a group. It is important to remember that many are fleeing because they have been targeted by the Assad regime and ISIS for persecution and in some cases elimination on the basis of their identity.​

Really? This is funny as hell coming from you. You are so anti jew its funny but now you are backing them?

Really? This is funny as hell coming from you. You are so anti jew its funny but now you are backing them?

Is that all you got out of the OP? Really?

We are under no obligation to take in even 1 refuge. Setup a refuge fund and let liberals donate money to care for them, I doubt they are willing to care for a fraction of the number they want to let in.

We are under no obligation to take in even 1 refuge. Setup a refuge fund and let liberals donate money to care for them, I doubt they are willing to care for a fraction of the number they want to let in.

Refugees are sponsored by, paid for and cared for by NGO's and Churches.

There are already countless "Refugee funds", but the people donating to them aren't just "liberals". Every major Christian denomination in this country runs refugee resettlement organizations - and all of them support letting Syrian refugees in.

I don't think there are many "liberals" donating to the National Association of Evangelicals.

No, like with Bush's Iraq invasion, we will all contribute our tax dollars to help care for Syrian refugees.

There are already countless "Refugee funds", but the people donating to them aren't just "liberals". Every major Christian denomination in this country runs refugee resettlement organizations - and all of them support letting Syrian refugees in.

I don't think there are many "liberals" donating to the National Association of Evangelicals.

We are up to what 34 state governors who now oppose the resettlement of the thousands of refuges the Obama administration wants to take in. Resent polls of the people show only 23% of the people in this country support taking in the thousands of refuges. Charitable organizations are free to fund as many as they wish but the people in this country overwhelmingly do not support this or use of taxpayer money to fund it. We can't even help our own poor rise up out of poverty, the very notion of taking in the poor from other countries is absurd.

We are up to what 34 state governors who now oppose the resettlement of the thousands of refuges the Obama administration wants to take in. Resent polls of the people show only 23% of the people in this country support taking in the thousands of refuges. Charitable organizations are free to fund as many as they wish but the people in this country overwhelmingly do not support this or use of taxpayer money to fund it. We can't even help our own poor rise up out of poverty, the very notion of taking in the poor from other countries is absurd.

You are welcome to your opinion.

Pretty much every Christian organization in this country disagrees with you, though.

No, like with Bush's Iraq invasion, we will all contribute our tax dollars to help care for Syrian refugees.

I guess its not that important to you then when push comes to shove.

Well as you should. Obama is the one who has desperately wanted to overthrow Assad and has been working day and night with Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey to do so.

YOUR ASSHOLE started this whole shebang on a major scale. Bush years were just giving cash to try to overthrow Assad. OBAMA'S TEAM JAKED IT.

Well as you should. Obama is the one who has desperately wanted to overthrow Assad and has been working day and night with Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey to do so.

YOUR ASSHOLE started this whole shebang on a major scale. Bush years were just giving cash to try to overthrow Assad. OBAMA'S TEAM JAKED IT.

Okay, what are you on tonight - booze or crack? Do you actually believe any of the crazy shit you post?

You are welcome to your opinion.

Pretty much every Christian organization in this country disagrees with you, though.

LOL that's quite the claim where's your proof of that? Is that a theory or do you have some data or polling to back that up?

Forum List

Back