Homeless Lose Shelter to Feel the Bern

The Gatewaypundit didn't do their homework.

I guess they are having trouble finding something on Bernie.

From Arianrhod's link

"The warming center is not a shelter, it's a stop-gap measure," Lupo said.

Lupo said that to his knowledge, no homeless person in the city was injured or killed Monday night or Tuesday morning because of cold weather exposure.

Firehouse Shelter Executive Director Anne Wright said Tuesday morning that volunteers from multiple shelters drove around the city Monday afternoon and evening, passing out jackets and blankets for those who needed them. Volunteers did not see any homeless in any city parks or on the streets Monday night, Wright said.

Firehouse Shelter, which regularly sleeps 50 homeless people, slept 83 people Monday night to compensate for the Boutwell warming station's closure.

Bernie Sanders campaign: 'We didn't close Birmingham's homeless warming station'

Nothing to see here folks.
Sorry Carla, I like you, but that post was meaningless.

We have no way of knowing the death toll.

From Arianrhod's link

Lupo said that to his knowledge, no homeless person in the city was injured or killed Monday night or Tuesday morning because of cold weather exposure.

Firehouse Shelter Executive Director Anne Wright said Tuesday morning that volunteers from multiple shelters drove around the city Monday afternoon and evening, passing out jackets and blankets for those who needed them. Volunteers did not see any homeless in any city parks or on the streets Monday night, Wright said.

Firehouse Shelter, which regularly sleeps 50 homeless people, slept 83 people Monday night to compensate for the Boutwell warming station's closure.

Bernie Sanders campaign: 'We didn't close Birmingham's homeless warming station'

And? That's exactly what the article says.

Last edited:

From Arianrhod's link

To his knowledge?

From Arianrhod's link

To his knowledge?

And how do you suppose he's supposed to keep tabs on every homeless person in the city? You tell me.

From Arianrhod's link

To his knowledge?

And how do you suppose he's supposed to keep tabs on every homeless person in the city? You tell me.
He's not supposed to. He's supposed to direct funds where they are intended instead of using them for political purposes.

From Arianrhod's link

To his knowledge?

He's not supposed to. He's supposed to direct funds where they are intended instead of using them for political purposes.

What is your problem? They use that auditorium for all sorts of things. They also used it for a Christian conference that same day....nobody is bitching about that.

The backup plan in place for the city's homeless when Boutwell is rented is to open the city's existing, permanent shelters to more people, Lupo said. Firehouse Shelter, First Light and the Birmingham Salvation Army were used as emergency shelters Monday night.

Forum List

Back