Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

Laws reduce access and damage by controlling the inventory and firepower that we sell in our gun stores where SOME criminals get their guns.
By "prevention".
Laws cannot prevent people from breaking other laws.
I never said prevent, I said reduce damage and by damage I mean harm and death
Yes. By preventing people from breaking other laws.
Which laws cannot do.
No by making it harder to access weapons that cause quick and massive damage. Less firepower = less damage

Laws reduce access and damage by controlling the inventory and firepower that we sell in our gun stores where SOME criminals get their guns.
By "prevention".
Which laws cannot do.
No by making it harder to access weapons....
By "preventing" access to weapons....

that cause quick and massive damage. Less firepower = less damage
Did know that , had the 1994 AWB not sunset, it would have done nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
Did you know that, if the 1994 AWB were re-enacted, it would do nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?

By "prevention".
Which laws cannot do.
No by making it harder to access weapons....
By "preventing" access to weapons....

that cause quick and massive damage. Less firepower = less damage
Did know that , had the 1994 AWB not sunset, it would have done nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
Did you know that, if the 1994 AWB were re-enacted, it would do nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
I don't believe that at all... If I could go to a gun store right now and buy an uzi vs not... I would have no clue where to get one. Yes i know they exist on the black market but I'm not interested in dealing with illegal arms dealers to get weapons. Some people have those resources and access and will get them, many many others do not.

I don't believe that at all...
Why not?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Please ignore the challenge at the bottom of the pic.

Now do you believe the 1994 AWB would have done nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
Now do you believe the 1994 AWB would do nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?

An assault weapon is whatever weapon the Libs say is an assault weapon....
If they take one away and have it banned then they will just move down the list.

It drives them absolutely bat shit crazy that Americans can purchase guns...
What is the purpose of a weapon such as this?

To look more 'military' and impressive than any other semi-auto rifle in .556 caliber.

I don't believe that at all...
Why not?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Please ignore the challenge at the bottom of the pic.

Now do you believe the 1994 AWB would have done nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
Now do you believe the 1994 AWB would do nothing to limit access to a weapon that "cause quick and massive damage"?
Is your point that gun manufactures make little tweaks to their guns so they can produce outside of the scope of the regulations that ban certain weapons so we should just not do anything?

What if we just limited ammo capacity to 10 rounds and required a single trigger pull. Does that sound fair to you?

Is your point....
My point is abundantly clear and perfectly articulated by the pic I posted:
The 1994 AWB would not have stopped the Orlando shooting, and will not stop another, because it did nothing to to limit access to weapons that "cause quick and massive damage"
Why do you not believe this?

What if we just limited ammo capacity to 10 rounds...
Do you plan to forcibly confiscate the tens of millions of existing 20- and 30-magazines?
No?
If not, then you do not limit access to 20- and 30-rd magazines; that being the case, your proposed limit is senseless.

and required a single trigger pull
Why are you under the fake impression that 'assault weapons' fire more than one round per trigger pull?

An assault weapon is whatever weapon the Libs say is an assault weapon....
If they take one away and have it banned then they will just move down the list.

It drives them absolutely bat shit crazy that Americans can purchase guns...
What is the purpose of a weapon such as this?
The purpose of a weapon that drives liberals ape-shit crazy?
The question kinda answers itself, yes?

Is your point....
The 1994 AWB would not have stopped the Orlando shooting, and will not stop another, because it did nothing to to limit access to weapons that "cause quick and massive damage"

Do you plan to forcibly confiscate the tens of millions of existing 20- and 30-magazines?
No?
If not, then you do not limit access to 20- and 30-rd magazines; that being the case, your proposed limit is senseless.

Why are you under the fake impression that 'assault weapons' fire more than one round per trigger pull?
Slow down and please try and understand this because i've said it a dozen times and you still don't get it... Nobody is saying that regulating guns is going to prevent shootings from happening. The argument is that it will cause less damage during shootings if less powerful weapons are used. It is people who commit the shootings. Please tell me you understand that, I can't repeat it again.

Is your point....

No?

Should this gun be legal in your opinion?
How many rounds does a semi-automatic rifle fire per minute? - Quora

Is your point....

No?

Absolutely, it should remain legal.

There are a few weapons that may be even better for defending the security of one's State but the AR-15 is definitely in the top 10.

Is your point....

No?

There are a few weapons that may be even better for defending the security of one's State but the AR-15 is definitely in the top 10.
By defending the security of one's State are you referring to fighting our military should our government turn on us?

Is your point....

No?

By defending the security of one's State are you referring to fighting our military should our government turn on us?

That's only one of the several possibilities where weapons can be Constitutionally used to defend a State and it's security but the short answer is yes.

Is your point....

No?

That's only one of the several possibilities where weapons can be Constitutionally used to defend a State and it's security but the short answer is yes.
Yeah, I hate to break it to you but if your state goes to war against the US military, there is no number of guns that is going to help your cause... We've moved way beyond the days of muskets and swords.

If you want to look at real world problems you have to look at the violence on our streets and how we protect ourselves and how our officers enforce the law. Sport and hunting are secondary bonuses that come with gun ownership.

No?

Yeah, I hate to break it to you but if your state goes to war against the US military, there is no number of guns that is going to help your cause... We've moved way beyond the days of muskets and swords.

If you want to look at real world problems you have to look at the violence on our streets and how we protect ourselves and how our officers enforce the law. Sport and hunting are secondary bonuses that come with gun ownership.

The thought of any State ever having to defend itself from our own military (again) may seem far fetched and one sided to most. However, it's not simple and it's not as cut and dry as one might think.

Look at the problems our military is having (and has had) with the armed citizen/ militants in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.

Then too, you have to imagine our armed forced being ordered to fire on their own citizens. When I was in the Marines, that would have been considered to be an unlawful order. No doubt a significant number of soldiers would sooner defect and take their weapons with them to join in the opposition to any U.S. government that even tries to attack its own people with the military.

The right to defend ones self, our homes and our businesses is a given. We don't need a Constitutional Amendment to make sure the Government knows we have that right.

The 2nd Amendment was not written for us to defend ourselves against one another. It was written to secure our right to defend ourselves against the government itself.

Last edited:

The thought of any State ever having to defend itself from our own military (again) may seem far fetched and one sided to most. However, it's not simple and it's not as cut and dry as one might think.

Look at the problems our military is having (and has had) with the armed citizen/ militants in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.

Then to, you have to imagine our armed forced being ordered to fire on their own citizens. When I was in the Marines, that would have been considered to be an unlawful order. No doubt a significant number of soldiers would sooner defect and take their weapons with them to join in the opposition to any U.S. government that even tries to attack its own people with the military.

The right to defend ones self, our homes and our businesses is a given. We don't need a Constitutional Amendment to make sure the Government knows we have that right.

The 2nd Amendment was not written for us to defend ourselves against one another. It was written to secure our right to defend ourselves against the government itself.

I don't think I can respond to that statement... There is so much wrong with it and It's just so plain and obvious to me that if you really don't get it then nothing i'm going to say is going to make a difference to you. It's not worth the time.

Is your point....

No?

Slow down and please try and understand this because i've said it a dozen times and you still don't get it... Nobody is saying that regulating guns is going to prevent shootings from happening. The argument is that it will cause less damage during shootings if less powerful weapons are used. It is people who commit the shootings. Please tell me you understand that, I can't repeat it again.

and why is it that liberals can't understand that criminals will not obey the law & will still get their hands on weapons regardless? All a gun ban does is disarm law abiding citizens & make them more susceptible to attack from thugs. Worse, you libs continue to focus on the inanimate object which can't commit a crime by definition instead of the bastard pulling the trigger. This is why gun owners do not trust liberal intentions. Your desire is to make innocent citizens & their families sitting ducks & to circumvent a Constitutional right through whatever means necessary. Stop with this ridiculous concept that a gun ban will somehow make the world a safer place. It didn't work during the first Assault Weapon Ban, it didn't work during Prohibition & it won't work now....

Forum List

Back