Hope my Florida siblings made it.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I called my brother Tuesday and we talked about the hurricane. He and my sister have houses in Eustis just yards apart. He had already nailed plywood over all his windows. He is a professional welding instructor and has several large generators that can run his entire house but the flooding is my concern. It is a certainty that all the power there is lost and I am hearing nothing from them.

all you can do is wait...hoping for the best for your siblings and everyone else in florida.....

remind me again....didnt desantis vote against helping in that sandy hurricane that hit jersey

I called my brother Tuesday and we talked about the hurricane. He and my sister have houses in Eustis just yards apart. He had already nailed plywood over all his windows. He is a professional welding instructor and has several large generators that can run his entire house but the flooding is my concern. It is a certainty that all the power there is lost and I am hearing nothing from them.

I'm about an hour or so from Eustis. We still have power. We're currently getting hammered with rain, and the winds are definitely kickin', but there's no sort of storm surge to be concerned with like there is along the coast. If he's got decent drainage and his house sits a little high, he should be okay...

Hope you hear from them soon.

1664464783324.png

• Banned
Hope you hear from them soon.

View attachment 703121
They do not live far from the St. John's River which one of those weird bodies that flows north and is prone to flooding.

Last edited:
They do not live far from the St. John's River which one of those weird bodies that flows north and is prone to flooding.

I have been on the St. Johns's river and connected lakes in the Deland area, took my son bass fishing there while vacationing and visiting the in laws.

Let us know when you hear from them.

no its a fact that desantis voted against aid for jersey during hurrican sandy

That's cool! DeSantis voted for the bill in December BEFORE he was sworn into Congress in January? The bill passed the House in December 2012 and the Senate in 2013.

Forum List

Back