House and Senate Should not Get Paid Until Shutdown is Resovled

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Even though most of them are well off, I bet this would bring them to the table

-Geaux

They should actually make it illegal for anyone to shut down the government again. It's absolutely appalling we need a law to make our government not commit suicide.

They should actually make it illegal for anyone to shut down the government again. It's absolutely appalling we need a law to make our government not commit suicide.
So, it’s appalling we have to operate on a budget, and Congress must pass it?

all of the administration and Cabinet, should not get paid as well, including presidents and vice presidents

But is anyone even talking about the OVER SPENDING that caused the need to raise the DEBT ceiling???

it's been turned in to a Circus, about the wall...

It's appalling that this once unthinkable thing, a government shutdown, is seen as a legitimate political weapon by any political party. Deliberately destabilizing an elected government is a direct assault on democracy. I do not normally try to put words in the founder's mouth but this is something they thought was too obvious to make a rule for. The government must be open, no exceptions.

Last edited:
all of the administration and Cabinet, should not get paid as well, including presidents and vice presidents

Not sure how that would work, since they're all paid salary, but I agree with the premise. :thup:
Most of the other Federal workers are paid a salary as well though, no?

The coast guard, the FBI agents, Border Security, Air Traffic controllers all are salary jobs, not hourly jobs, I think???

Maybe Mexico will pay them since they clearly aren’t paying for a wall. LOL

Not sure how that would work, since they're all paid salary, but I agree with the premise. :thup:
Most of the other Federal workers are paid a salary as well though, no?

The coast guard, the FBI agents, Border Security, Air Traffic controllers all are salary jobs, not hourly jobs, I think???

I'm not sure how they get paid, but I imagine lower tier government workers would be paid hourly. I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back