House Democratic Leaders: We Will Not Apologize to Americans Losing Their Health Insu

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Of course the assholes are not going to apologize, they don't care, nor do any of them have the balls to admit Obama lied.

One week ago, President Obama apologized for giving millions of Americans false assurances that they could keep their health care plans if they liked them. At a press conference Thursday evening, House Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer, Xavier Becerra, and Jim Clyburn were asked if they would like to apologize for making the same false claim. All of them declined.

"I don't think there's anything for us to apologize for," said Clyburn.

"There is nothing in the Affordable Care Act that said that your insurance company should cancel you," said Minority Leader Pelosi.

In fact, the Affordable Care Act says that plans created after March of 2010 must be cancelled, and the law also gave the administration the authority to write regulations that forced the cancellation of some policies that existed prior to March 2010.

"Did I ever tell my constituents that if they liked their plan they could keep it?" Pelosi asked. "I would have if I'd ever met anybody who liked his or her plan. But that was not my experience."

In fact, Pelosi said in 2009: "If you like what you have, you can keep it." Pelosi's website still states: "Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them."

"As far as the Affordable Care Act is concerned, what the president said was completely accurate," Pelosi said.

House Democratic Leaders: We Will Not Apologize to Americans Losing Their Health Insurance | The Weekly Standard

hilarious, Pelosi says there's nothing in the aca that forces ins. companies from throwing a person off their policy

ya nancy, there;s nothing in the congressional record that we declared war on north vietnam either

Hey maybe they'll run with Debbie Wasserman-Shultz's idea of running on Obamacare in 2014. I can see it now: Vote for X! He made you get better health coverage!

Democrats have nothing to apologize for. They are happy and proud of what they did.

Keep ranting....in a couple weeks the gd website will work and the Pub bs will subside, hater dupes...This is scam insurers and Pubs screwing you AGAIN.

Last edited:
I'm sure those in safe districts with no real chance of losing their seats won't it will interesting to see how those not in that position respond.

Keep ranting....in a couple weeks the gd website will work and the Pub bs will subside, hater dupes...This is scam insurers and Pubs screwing you AGAIN.

That's okay, we have people out there ready to hack the site, and keep it full of bugs.

I love how the left keeps thinking that fixing the website will some how solve the problem of getting stuck with coverage that you don't want or need which in turn leads to the higher premiums and deductibles that come with Obamacare.

I love how the left keeps thinking that fixing the website will some how solve the problem of getting stuck with coverage that you don't want or need which in turn leads to the higher premiums and deductibles that come with Obamacare.

It all comes down to whether or not enough young people are willing to join in and pay higher rates in order to subsidize older less healthy people.
If not enough of them join, the whole law folds like a house of cards.

I don't want an apology, they need to continue to remain clueless and lie to the American people. They need to forge on and tell Americans that are having increased premiums and other health care issues to fuck off and just shut the hell up.

Go dem leaders! Fuck the American people!

Comprehensive coverage and no cutoffs or caps, etc etc etc, cost more than Pubscams that don't... Subsidies make them affordable- cost controls and preventive care make the cost curve bend down. You know NOTHING, hater dupes...

Last edited:

I for one hope what you say about the website is true. We can't have this number of uninsured.

If this were a private enterprise doing this however, there would be heads rolling and several congressional hearings on the matter. This level of ineptitude and incomptesense would be dealt with

Democrats have nothing to apologize for. They are happy and proud of what they did.

Why then did Obama apologize? He said, "The problem with the grandfather clause that we put into place is its almost like we said to folks, you got to buy a new car, even if you can't afford it right now".

So who is lying here, Obama or the Democrats in the House?

Comprehensive coverage and no cutoffs or caps, etc etc etc, cost more than Pubscams that don't... Subsidies make them affordable- cost controls make the cost curve bend down. You know NOTHING, hater dupes...

Many middle income Americans don't get much in the way of subsidies. Our overall cost has risen.

Democrats may be vicious political thugs but they are smart enough to know they have (for the time being) the media in their back pockets so they can do pretty much as they please without risking political clout.

Comprehensive coverage and no cutoffs or caps, etc etc etc, cost more than Pubscams that don't... Subsidies make them affordable- cost controls and preventive care make the cost curve bend down. You know NOTHING, hater dupes...

Subsidies help those close to the poverty level. And yes I consider $15,000 poverty. (Cars = year salary?)

Those above the poverty line are paying for those under the poverty line. Those top earners who already had great health insurance are the VIPs who won't have to worry about companies changing the cost of their plan.

One of the cost controls is young people buying insurance. However, 26 and under (young people) will rain in their parents insurance. (Nullifying that cost control)

Free care will raise the cost curve. (Medicaid)

As much as I hate both parties this law was a poor choice at reform IMO.

It all comes down to whether or not enough young people are willing to join in and pay higher rates in order to subsidize older less healthy people.
If not enough of them join, the whole law folds like a house of cards.

Indeed when you factor in how high the unemployment rate is for the young it seems highly unlikely you will get many of them to join and as I mentioned on another thread you have kids being able to stay on their parents insurance till their 26 that cuts out another big hunk of signees.

Comprehensive coverage and no cutoffs or caps, etc etc etc, cost more than Pubscams that don't... Subsidies make them affordable- cost controls make the cost curve bend down. You know NOTHING, hater dupes...

Many middle income Americans don't get much in the way of subsidies. Our overall cost has risen.
How the hell do you know lol....But with this you DO get all kinds of free checkups and have a low limit on yearly spending...

Forum List

Back