House hearing on Biden's failures withdrawing from Afghanistan

Bush was in charge. Bush was given a warning of an impending terrorist attack, possibly involving a hijacking. Other than warning his Attorney General, he ignored the warning. 3000 people died.

Since it's now suggested we hold a president personally responsible for deaths stemming from terrorist attacks, I'm just wondering what the punishment should be for Bush?
The entire system failed and you know it.

How about 'death by booga-booga'?

President Biden ran on a promise to end our 20-year military involvement in Afghanistan. I supported that decision.

President Biden was handed the former 1-term president's agreement with the Taliban. That agreement led to the chaotic withdrawal from the country. I still supported ending our engagement.

A third fact for you to comment on. During the last 15 months of the former 1-term president's term he stopped the program to bring Afghans who helped our military (their role was critical in saving lives, while risking theirs) back to America.

Did you support that decision.
We've been over this too many times, when Biden changed the plan, he owned it and he got owned.

The entire system failed and you know it.

How about 'death by booga-booga'?

So Biden should be held accountable for 13 deaths from a terrorist attack but Bush should be given a free pass because everyone is to blame?

That about sum up your position?

President Biden ran on a promise to end our 20-year military involvement in Afghanistan. I supported that decision.

President Biden was handed the former 1-term president's agreement with the Taliban. That agreement led to the chaotic withdrawal from the country and the collapse of the US back Afghan government. I still supported ending our engagement.

A third fact for you to comment on. During the last 15 months of the former 1-term president's term he stopped the program to bring Afghans who helped our military (their role was critical in saving lives, while risking theirs) back to America.

Did you support that decision.
That's pretty darn funny but predictable. You want to blame Sloppy Joe's failure on Trump. The TDS addled tend to do that.

Why you choose to be fact averse, the facts are that Sloppy Joe ignored the directions and advise made by military commanders. He was told that abandoning Bagham airbase overnight would be a disaster. It was Sloppy Joe who abandoned both US citizens and Afghan allies, choosing instead to allow unknown and unvetted civilians to board US aircraft.

Why would you support such incompetence?

How did he change the plan?

Washington CNN

President Joe Biden ordered the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan over the advice of some of his senior-most advisers in the Pentagon and State Department, leaders who are now charged with carrying out the particulars of the complicated drawdown.

Multiple current and former officials tell CNN that those advisers – including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley, leader of US Central Command Gen. Frank McKenzie and some State Department officials – expressed concerns about what a full withdrawal might mean for the US counter-terror mission. They also expressed concern about the security of US diplomats based there.
Warnings about the potential for the Taliban to regain power and for violence to increase pervaded the numerous meetings over the past few months, according to officials, though Biden continually chafed at suggestions US troops should remain in Afghanistan for much longer, according to people familiar with the matter, reminding his advisers that – like his two predecessors – he promised voters he would end the country’s longest war, even if that meant going against the recommendations of his top generals.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/politics/biden-overrules-advisers-afghanistan-withdrawal/index.html

So Biden should be held accountable for 13 deaths from a terrorist attack but Bush should be given a free pass because everyone is to blame?

You're kinda Johnny come lately....Bush been outa office how long? Read the 911 report.

As sitting COC......Resident Biden is currently responsible.

You should pay attention to some facts.

Trump had a plan in place to gradually turn over Baghram to the Afghans. That plan was contingent on the Afghans meeting specific criteria and was poised to keep some counterterrorism forces in that country. Trump did not announce a specific date for withdrawal as Sloppy Joe did which allowed the taliban to plan suicide bombings.
Trump did annonce a total withdrawal date of May 1, 2021.

Our President got us out of Afghanistan after 20 years
Evacuated 120,000

All with 2500 troops on the ground
That's because of the deal Trump made, and how he made it. It was negotiated from a position of power.

Biden should have been working on that day 1, instead of undoing everything Trump did that was beneficial to Americans.

Some equipment was shipped back, but not nearly enough.

Biden thought he could just arbitrarily change the withdrawal date to 9/11 to make a big vainglorious speech.

Well, he didn't make it to 9/11. That was an ignorant and arrogant thing he did, and it cost many Afghanis and Americans lives.

Ok, what's the punishment for Bush ignoring Intel reports, leading to the deaths of about 3000 due to a terrorist attack?
Not the topic of this thread, fuck off with that, ShitLord of The Flies.

How did he change the plan?

The original withdrawal agreement date was 5/1/2021. (when the Taliban is still up in the hills before they come down and collect their duties n stuff)

Biden changed it to 9/11 to make a big speeach and the Taliban took control from May to August of 2021.

Biden wasn't even working on getting people and equipment out as the Taliban was taking control of town after town for weeks.

FAILURE.

You're kinda Johnny come lately....Bush been outa office how long? Read the 911 report.

As sitting COC......Resident Biden is currently responsible.

What does time have to do with it? There's no statute of limitations on murder. I'm just fascinated how you’re so partisan, you want to hold a Democrat responsible for the exact same thing you want to give the Republican a free pass.

The original withdrawal agreement date was 5/1/2021. (when the Taliban is still up in the hills before they come down and collect their duties n stuff)

Biden changed it to 9/11 to make a big speeach and the Taliban took control from May to August of 2021.

Biden wasn't even working on getting people and equipment out as the Taliban was taking control of town after town for weeks.

FAILURE.

Why would we take the equipment out? We gave the equipment to the Afghanistan government to fight the Taliban. How on Earth were they supposed to fight the Taliban without that equipment?

Why would we take the equipment out? We gave the equipment to the Afghanistan government to fight the Taliban. How on Earth were they supposed to fight the Taliban without that equipment?
It was a given the Afghan puppet government would fold.

As uninformed as you are, I'm sure you don't remember Trump pardoning one of our G.I.s that beat one of them to death for raping little boys. After his POS C.O. ordered him not to do anything about it.

That's pretty darn funny but predictable. You want to blame Sloppy Joe's failure on Trump. The TDS addled tend to do that.

Why you choose to be fact averse, the facts are that Sloppy Joe ignored the directions and advise made by military commanders. He was told that abandoning Bagham airbase overnight would be a disaster. It was Sloppy Joe who abandoned both US citizens and Afghan allies, choosing instead to allow unknown and unvetted civilians to board US aircraft.

Why would you support such incompetence?
I thought that you wanted a meaningful conversation, yet you just post in slogans. You have chosen not to respond to any of my questions. It was President Biden who restarted the military asset removal program and during the withdrawal removed somewhere around 25,000 people.

Again, did you support the former 1-term president's decision not to bring our Afghan allies back with us? And if you don't, what will that do to any future US military operation in foreign lands.

Yes, President Biden ended our 2-year action in the country. Just as he promised to do. I support that and have not looked back.

As uninformed as you are, I'm sure you don't remember Trump pardoning one of our G.I.s that beat one of them to death for raping little boys.
Certainly, after the former 1-term president's direct agreement with them. He undercut the US backed Afghan Government didn't he.

FAILURE.
Yeah, they could do that as per the former 1-term president's agreement on troop reduction.

President Biden had the fortitude to get us out.

As uninformed as you are, I'm sure you don't remember Trump pardoning one of our G.I.s that beat one of them to death for raping little boys. After his POS C.O. ordered him not to do anything about it.

Cool, then it should be easy for you to link to a post of yours, making that claim, before that infamous incident of Afghani's desperately clinging to a military jet taking off....

That's because of the deal Trump made, and how he made it. It was negotiated from a position of power.

Biden should have been working on that day 1, instead of undoing everything Trump did that was beneficial to Americans.

Some equipment was shipped back, but not nearly enough

You would think with such an important withdrawal that Trump would transition to the incoming President to go over all the details, what risks were involved and why things were being done the way they were.

But Trump was having a temper tantrum and refused to meet with Biden

I thought that you wanted a meaningful conversation, yet you just post in slogans. You have chosen not to respond to any of my questions. It was President Biden who restarted the military asset removal program and during the withdrawal removed somewhere around 25,000 people.

Again, did you support the former 1-term president's decision not to bring our Afghan allies back with us? And if you don't, what will that do to any future US military operation in foreign lands.

Yes, President Biden ended our 2-year action in the country. Just as he promised to do. I support that and have not looked back.

A meaningful conversation that involves your wailing and screaming as a function of your TDS is not meaningful.

You’re obviously not aware but it was Sloppy Joe who abandoned Afghan Allies as well as US citizens during his disastrous retreat.

Sloppy Joe’s asset removal program was a spectacular failure as obviously, there was no program. $86 Billion dollars of assets left behind is a rather spectacular failure.

Forum List

Back