House of Cards, the Clintons?

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
Imagine a ruthless and power hungry couple who will stop at nothing to gain power, including murder and treason. This describes Frank and Clair Underwood in House of Cards, but can also describe Bill and Hillary Clinton. The Underwood's are a pair of sociopaths who lead the democratic party, which leaves the parallel to the Clinton's unmistakable.

For viewers of the show, does anyone else here find this to be a connection?

The show is actually based on a British miniseries of the same name. The entire show reminds me of any and every would-be politician and their cozied up relationships that require political power for "free".
So, yes and also, no.

The show is actually based on a British miniseries of the same name. The entire show reminds me of any and every would-be politician and their cozied up relationships that require political power for "free".
So, yes and also, no.

I was aware that it was based on the British show, but as the producers explained, that was just the premise, not the plot. As I watch season two, I just can't help but see the Clintons shining through the Underwoods. I guess if Clair runs for Senate, it will seal it....

House of Cards is the yin to The West Wing's yang. While the Underwoods are scheming, power hungry maniacs, the West Wing crew was a team with virtuous intentions.

I can't see any parallel between House of Cards and any politician in real life. It would be too horrific if there was a parallel.

House of Cards is the yin to The West Wing's yang. While the Underwoods are scheming, power hungry maniacs, the West Wing crew was a team with virtuous intentions.

I can't see any parallel between House of Cards and any politician in real life. It would be too horrific if there was a parallel.

You mean you don't want to see it. I'd be inclined to say that real politics is probably far, far more dirty than this show.

Yes, because it is suppose to remind you of most power hungry political couples. I am almost done with seasons one, so no spoilers for season two, please.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Yes, because it is suppose to remind you of most power hungry political couples. I am almost done with seasons one, so no spoilers for season two, please.

No Spoilers - but Season 2 is where I really saw the Clinton connection.

Imagine a ruthless and power hungry couple who will stop at nothing to gain power, including murder and treason. This describes Frank and Clair Underwood in House of Cards, but can also describe Bill and Hillary Clinton. The Underwood's are a pair of sociopaths who lead the democratic party, which leaves the parallel to the Clinton's unmistakable.

For viewers of the show, does anyone else here find this to be a connection?
You do seem to have a good imagination

No Spoilers - but Season 2 is where I really saw the Clinton connection.

I am a few episodes away, and I leave for my trip Wednesday. So it will be awhile before I can watch. I will let you know. I am sure it does. The creator did work for Bill and Hillary.

"Willimon worked as a volunteer in 1998 for the Senate campaign of Charles Schumer, which led to jobs with Hillary Clinton, Bill Bradley, and Howard Dean.[3]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Willimon

This is interesting.
"At Juilliard, he wrote a play, Farragut North that was inspired by his work on Dean's 2004 campaign for President"

You are probably right. I am leaving this thread now. I like having no idea what will happen. If I start thinking too much about it.... Peace.

I have always thought Bill Clinton was smart, but that Hillary was the maniacal genius behind the man.
If you notice Claire is in more control than her husband.

You mean you don't want to see it. I'd be inclined to say that real politics is probably far, far more dirty than this show.
My level of cynicism hasn't grown that dark.

Forum List

Back