Yeah, Trump did call military personnel "suckers" and "losers"

Our founders fought so this nation was free of authoritarians. It even passed the Bill of Rights to stave off Government it had created. National Service would be mandatory as you seek it. We must support freedom.
Not at all. If anything, the implication of national service is implied by the Second Amendment and Article 1, section 8's definition of a militia.

Moreover, the original draft of the Second Amendment had a religious exemption from Militia Service, but the Founders rejected that on the premise that there should be no exemption.

But as I pointed out, I would not limit it to the military, there are a lot of other agencies that could probably use the manpower. Our forests are badly maintained, for instance, it's why we have too many wildfires. Assign a few hundred thousand people to the Forest Service, problem solved.

Not at all. If anything, the implication of national service is implied by the Second Amendment and Article 1, section 8's definition of a militia.

Moreover, the original draft of the Second Amendment had a religious exemption from Militia Service, but the Founders rejected that on the premise that there should be no exemption.

But as I pointed out, I would not limit it to the military, there are a lot of other agencies that could probably use the manpower. Our forests are badly maintained, for instance, it's why we have too many wildfires. Assign a few hundred thousand people to the Forest Service, problem solved.
and how do you suggest the Government pay for millions of people added to the government work force?

I thought it was pretty clear.

National Service.

Not necessarily military service.

Could be the Forest Service. Could be Inner City Youth, the Peace Corps, etc.

"We haven't had a draft since 1974. I wouldn't mind seeing a national service requirement for all 18-year-olds, as long as they get a free ride to a public college once they complete their service."

I cant imagine where I got the idea that you meant military service.....

"National service is the system of compulsory or voluntary government service, usually military service. "

But you want the Government to create a huge new infrastructure so that everyone can serve the country in some way. Got it. So, who's paying for all that? And then also paying for all the college tuition after that?

Yes, the Orange Hole said it

Hiis Chief of Staff, Major General Kelly heard him say it. Don't need any vid or tape. Kelly's word is sufficient.

You vets who vote for him are flamboozled, and that is only your fault, not that of any one else.

View attachment 969749
You post stuff just to post stuff
You are the epitome of a loser

GFY

"We haven't had a draft since 1974. I wouldn't mind seeing a national service requirement for all 18-year-olds, as long as they get a free ride to a public college once they complete their service."

I cant imagine where I got the idea that you meant military service.....

"National service is the system of compulsory or voluntary government service, usually military service. "

But you want the Government to create a huge new infrastructure so that everyone can serve the country in some way. Got it. So, who's paying for all that? And then also paying for all the college tuition after that?
Tax the rich, baby! That's how we paid for WWII and the GI Bill that followed.

The point is, I specified "NATIONAL SERVICE", not Military service.
I personally felt my own stint with the US Army was character-building. I got a lot more out of the Army than I did out of college, and I only really joined the army to pay for college. But mileage may vary.

Make the rich pay their fair share like they used to before Reagan.

What is their fair share. You already fleece them pretty good.

According to the US Treasury, Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Internal Revenue Service, and Joint Committee on Taxation, the average tax rate for the top 1% of high earners in 2024 is 31.5%, which has been around 30% for four decades. In 2021, the top 1% of income earners earned 26% of all income and paid 46% of all federal income taxes, which is more than the bottom 95% combined.

Tax the rich, baby! That's how we paid for WWII and the GI Bill that followed.
Cute story. If only it were true. We financed WW2 and the GI Bill that followed. The debt increased almost 800% under FDR.
The point is, I specified "NATIONAL SERVICE", not Military service.
In the middle of talking about the draft.
I personally felt my own stint with the US Army was character-building. I got a lot more out of the Army than I did out of college, and I only really joined the army to pay for college. But mileage may vary.
The military isn’t a babysitting service.

Cute story. If only it were true. We financed WW2 and the GI Bill that followed. The debt increased almost 800% under FDR.
And it was cut in half by 1952, because we kept the tax rates in place.

Of course, back then, we paid our debts; what a crazy idea.

In the middle of talking about the draft.
Am I responsible for your limited thinking?

The military isn’t a babysitting service.
Nobody said it was... It does, however, build character and provide focus.

Forum List

Back