House of Lords pass bill to block no-deal Brexit - forcing showdown with Boris Johnson

It will be instant economic suicide by bureaucracy for all small businesses and many large business that deal with Europe. You have not studied any of the effects if you do not know that.

edit...Without remaining in a customs union, that is.

How on earth did they exist before the Brussels takeover?

They ASKED to join. What do people fail to understand about that?

At the time they didn't realize the EU would be such chickenshit detail freaks.
Could you link to anything to support this ?

Things like this:

Shop starts selling meat in pounds and ounces after Brexit vote triumph

A law enforced by the EU in 1995 meant that all measuring devices used in trade or retail should display measurements in metric quantities.

But Darren Gratton said that a lot of his customers who voted Brexit wanted their meat sold in the older imperial method of pounds and ounces.

The butcher from Barnstaple, Devon, said: "The next step is to speak to North Devon Council and if they say we can go back to pounds and ounces then we will do.

"All the customers wanted it back in pounds.
So?

I'm curious, why don't you want Brexit?
It will be instant economic suicide by bureaucracy for all small businesses and many large business that deal with Europe. You have not studied any of the effects if you do not know that.

edit...Without remaining in a customs union, that is.
You are correct, I haven't studied the possible consequences of a full Brexit. It seems as if the biggest risks to the UK are retaliation from the EU. So let's get some new trade agreements between the US and the UK to help offset the EU backlash.
It's not about retaliation, it's about being treated as an outsider if they're not part of a customs union and the paperwork that goes with that.

As to a trade deal, transactional Trump will have the clothes off the back of anyone desperate enough to require a deal with the US.

The Brits will deserve that.

Here's 73 that did...
There were 44 violent deaths in London by March 26 in 2018 compared with 30 killings this year.
The Sun, again. I love it. Daily Wail next, please.
It's known as the Daily Fail over here...:smile:
We call it the Daily Heil for some reason. Not sure why.

blackshirts-460x206.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
And why did they have to pass the law? Because the EU said they had to.
What does 2007 have to do with 1995? Have you finally found that Sun article to be a load of shit for gullible saps? Well done. Sooner or later you'll realise UK metrification started well before the seventies.

Or, probably, not.

Metrification is not forcing someone like a butcher to use metric units when the customers want imperial.

I assume you are a gutless fuck who loves government telling them what to do, like a mewling kitten begging for their saucer of cream.

Did the EU force the UK to metricize down to the level I am talking about or not?

Lords pass bill to block no-deal Brexit - forcing showdown with Boris Johnson

It will become Law on monday and force Johnson to grovel to Brussels for an extension.

He says he would rather die than do so and therefore he should resign or blow his worthless brains out.

Have a great weekend everybody.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Guess you are a fan of Belgian cock in your mouth.

A no deal Brexit has a high potential to be catastrophic, the British people didn't vote for that and they don't deserve it because politicians make mess of things. Hell. His own party was squeamish about it. It's egotistical insane to gamble with the lives and well being of 66 million people like that.

High Potential is just guessing on how it would affect things. The people voted for Brexit, and BJ is even saying if the opposition thinks they can beat him then let him call for elections.

What Labour needs to do is dump Corbyn right after elections are called for and they would be a shoo-in, and could call for another referendum.
I think it is more predictive then just guessing.

Fear mongering, nothing more.

How on earth did they exist before the Brussels takeover?

They ASKED to join. What do people fail to understand about that?

At the time they didn't realize the EU would be such chickenshit detail freaks.
Could you link to anything to support this ?

Things like this:

Shop starts selling meat in pounds and ounces after Brexit vote triumph

A law enforced by the EU in 1995 meant that all measuring devices used in trade or retail should display measurements in metric quantities.

But Darren Gratton said that a lot of his customers who voted Brexit wanted their meat sold in the older imperial method of pounds and ounces.

The butcher from Barnstaple, Devon, said: "The next step is to speak to North Devon Council and if they say we can go back to pounds and ounces then we will do.

"All the customers wanted it back in pounds.
So?

It shows why some people can't stand the EU. It was supposed to be like our federal government, handling big issues on national levels, not forcing a country to force it's butchers to display and count meat ONLY in metric.

They can't block a no deal brexit, what they can do is block Britain from leaving with a no deal brexit, however the only thing that happens is that they force the government to seek another extension of time with Brussels, something that won't probably happen as Brussels will say no and then Britain is kicked out, with no deal.

It will become Law on monday and force Johnson to grovel to Brussels for an extension.

He says he would rather die than do so and therefore he should resign or blow his worthless brains out.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Boris is the man and will prevail in the end! Go Boris! Go Brexit.

it would be the biggest comeback since Lazarus. Aint gonna happen.

Guess England is just too weak to stand on its own. Its days as an Empire are finished.

In 5 years England will be fully Sharia

Boris is the man and will prevail in the end! Go Boris! Go Brexit.

it would be the biggest comeback since Lazarus. Aint gonna happen.

Guess England is just too weak to stand on its own. Its days as an Empire are finished.

In 5 years England will be fully Sharia

? ? ?

You mean they are not full there now?

I thought for sure looking at Tommy Tainant, that they were all willing Dhimmis by now.

What does 2007 have to do with 1995? Have you finally found that Sun article to be a load of shit for gullible saps? Well done. Sooner or later you'll realise UK metrification started well before the seventies.

Or, probably, not.

Metrification is not forcing someone like a butcher to use metric units when the customers want imperial.

I assume you are a gutless fuck who loves government telling them what to do, like a mewling kitten begging for their saucer of cream.

Did the EU force the UK to metricize down to the level I am talking about or not?

NO. EU abandons attempt to force UK to go metric

Or, probably, not.

NO. EU abandons attempt to force UK to go metric

Maybe officially, but there seemed to still be people thinking otherwise.

British Grocers Want To Abandon Metric, Use Pounds And Ounces

Forum List

Back