rdean

Why are Republicans doing this:

House Republicans propose extra $2 billion for embassy security | Reuters

and this:

House appropriators pump $2 billion into US embassy security - The Hill

After doing this:

GOP, Paul Ryan cut half a billion dollars from embassy security

and this:

GOP Rep Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) : I 'Absolutely' Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security

and finally:

Republicans have no shame

Conservative women didn't like "legitimate rape". They didn't like "binders full of women".

They didn't like this:

gop_vaginal_wallpaper.png

And I suspect many don't like their men smearing a woman after she warned them what would happen:

Hillary Clinton warned Republicans in the House and the Senate of the negative effects of cuts to Embassy security

So now they are scrambling to fund what they cut? Why? Why not leave it the way you left it. Isn't that other reason still valid?

Moving a few guards from say Ottawa or Brussels to the known Islamic terrorist hotspot takes a backseat to disarming America.

Moving a few guards from say Ottawa or Brussels to the known Islamic terrorist hotspot takes a backseat to disarming America.

Major Garrett: Obama has expanded, not reduced gun rights - CBS News

Huh?

Concealed carry in a national park within a state I already hold a concealed permit in is not expanding gun rights. It is respecting my rights under the regulations of my State.

Unless it expands it nationally. Oops.

What does it matter, at this point, how much we spend when security is just going to be ordered to stand down when the shite hits the fan?

What does it matter, at this point, when ambassadors are going to be dispatched willy nilly to the world's worst known area's regardless of security concerns?

What does it matter, at this point, when those in charge can lie with impunity over the flag draped caskets of our honored dead with the energetic support of a palace guard media?

What does it matter what we spend when the leadership is as incompetent as President Obama and Mrs. Clinton?

What do I think? Since i do not have all the information that those wise people in Washington have......
(If you can find a wise person in Washington)

I think who ever hired out our Embassy security was a blooming idiot. And I don't know who made that call......Don't care. Our Marines should be standing guard at our Embassies.

We spend 700 billion a year on defense and we couldn't defend our embassy in a war zone? Obama should of known better.

True, but i also have to wonder why the hell the Ambassador was in such a lightly guarded place on 9-11?????????

The truth is, many ambassadors are in lightly guarded places. You can't just go station a battalion of marines in a foreign country. Try to figure out why.

Just kidding. I'll tell you why. If you are trying to set an example and influence another country, you have to do it through deeds and actions, not just words. You can't do it hiding behind a line of rifles facing the backs of Marines. It's why many ambassadors eschew security. See, an organization like al Qaeda isn't a country. They don't have ambassadors. You wouldn't hurt the Chinese ambassador because they have ours. al Qaeda doesn't give a fuck.

I'm thinking this is why Republicans are such massive failures at foreign affairs. To be an effective ambassador, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the people in the country where you are stationed. To build a bridge, you have to effectively understand them. Republican bully. They don't want to understand anyone. You know it's true. Please be honest and admit it.

I love how republican's try to treat the symptom and not the disease.

The problem is our foreign policy and military aggression in the ME.

That is what is radicalizing normal, law-abiding citizens, into jihadists.

The number of jihadists are directly proportional to the amount of bombs we drop on ME country's.

The less bombs we deliver, the less bombs we get in return.

I love how republican's try to treat the symptom and not the disease.

The problem is our foreign policy and military aggression in the ME.

That is what is radicalizing normal, law-abiding citizens, into jihadists.

The number of jihadists are directly proportional to the amount of bombs we drop on ME country's.

The less bombs we deliver, the less bombs we get in return.

I get what you're saying. But it's ever so much more complex and not just over there but over here.

Over there, you have people who are still in their Middle Ages. They replace dictatorships with theocracy, which is a dictatorship. They don't want our freedom.

Then, you have a kind of right wing theocracy wannabe's here with these Republicans. They say they want to bring democracy over there, but here engage in voter suppression. They want to bring our government to people overseas but have almost destroyed our government and work to make it completely ineffective. A very confusing message.

What we really have to do is develop alternate energy here based on education and science. And disengage ourselves from the Middle East. They fight each other, people die. It's so sad. Ok. But if we get involved, we give them a rallying point. We become the great "uniter". Only they are united against us.

We need to help those Christians living there to get out. Help them relocate here or somewhere else. But Republicans ignoring them under Bush was a tragedy and a disgrace. And now, they are so scattered, it's impossible to help them. Except by ones and twos.

Forum List

Back