House Republicans propose extra $2 billion for embassy security, finally

Not if I don't have permit in a state other than my own.

Now you don't need a permit. That's the point.

You need a permit to carry a concealed weapon in a national park.

For years, federal law at National Parks allowed people to bring in unloaded weapons as long as they were stowed away. But starting Monday, that will change. Now anyone with a legal permit can bring in a loaded gun, concealed or otherwise, as long as it concurs with state laws.

Starting today, loaded guns allowed in National Parks | Seattle

So get a permit. Then you can do anything you want. That's called "expanded gun laws".

if you want to know what Repubs think about the gov't just remember grover's "drown in the bathtub" quote. Of course the hypocrites use all the infrastructure created by gov't though :eusa_whistle:

LOL, I love liberal hypocrits that are for the little guy, but make the little guys' life much rougher with expensive light bulbs, electricity and food...

yeah and do you think republicans are anarchists?

You're just stupid. You really are.

Republicans are such dumb fucks, they ruin the economy of farmers in state after state. Worse, many of those whose lives that are being destroyed are Republicans. Hilarious, a whirlwind of 'unintended consequences'. My new phrase for the GOP. Everything they touch ends up being a fail because of "unintended consequences". This comes from stupid people doing stupid things.

Why Republicans are doing an about-face on tough Alabama immigration law -a whirlwind of 'unintended consequences' - CSMonitor.com

Elected officials in Georgia are ruining their economy

Immigration laws in Arizona and Alabama come at a great economic cost | TIME.com

Alabama Illegal Immigrant Crackdown Destroys Farm Business

Farmers Oppose G.O.P. Bill on Immigration

Farmers? What was the first thing democrats addressed when they gained the majority in both houses half way into Bush's 2nd term? The economy, Fannie Mae, the conflict in Afghanistan? Nope. The senate went after steroid use in baseball and the democrat house chairman of the Banking Committee reassured America that Fannie May was solvent when it was on the verge of collapse.

Why are Republicans doing this:

House Republicans propose extra $2 billion for embassy security | Reuters

and this:

House appropriators pump $2 billion into US embassy security - The Hill

After doing this:

GOP, Paul Ryan cut half a billion dollars from embassy security

and this:

GOP Rep Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) : I 'Absolutely' Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security

and finally:

Republicans have no shame

Conservative women didn't like "legitimate rape". They didn't like "binders full of women".

They didn't like this:

gop_vaginal_wallpaper.png

And I suspect many don't like their men smearing a woman after she warned them what would happen:

Hillary Clinton warned Republicans in the House and the Senate of the negative effects of cuts to Embassy security

So now they are scrambling to fund what they cut? Why? Why not leave it the way you left it. Isn't that other reason still valid?

Hmmm, this sure looks like the Republicans CONCEDING that there was not enough money for Embassy security before.

You noticed that too? And two BILLION? That's a lot. Guess they eventually listened to Hillary after all.

and this:

After doing this:

and this:

GOP Rep Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) : I 'Absolutely' Voted To Cut Funding For Embassy Security

and finally:

Conservative women didn't like "legitimate rape". They didn't like "binders full of women".

They didn't like this:

And I suspect many don't like their men smearing a woman after she warned them what would happen:

Hillary Clinton warned Republicans in the House and the Senate of the negative effects of cuts to Embassy security

So now they are scrambling to fund what they cut? Why? Why not leave it the way you left it. Isn't that other reason still valid?

Gotta love it.

1. Cut the budget for embassy security.
2. Ignore warnings and/or requests.
3. Wait until someone dies.
4. Blame the other guys.
5. Raise the budget.

:clap:

Fucking conservatives.

I know. Right?

True, but i also have to wonder why the hell the Ambassador was in such a lightly guarded place on 9-11?????????

The truth is, many ambassadors are in lightly guarded places. You can't just go station a battalion of marines in a foreign country. Try to figure out why.

Just kidding. I'll tell you why. If you are trying to set an example and influence another country, you have to do it through deeds and actions, not just words. You can't do it hiding behind a line of rifles facing the backs of Marines. It's why many ambassadors eschew security. See, an organization like al Qaeda isn't a country. They don't have ambassadors. You wouldn't hurt the Chinese ambassador because they have ours. al Qaeda doesn't give a fuck.

I'm thinking this is why Republicans are such massive failures at foreign affairs. To be an effective ambassador, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the people in the country where you are stationed. To build a bridge, you have to effectively understand them. Republican bully. They don't want to understand anyone. You know it's true. Please be honest and admit it.

Ever been to an Embassy? I've been to about 2 dozen of them. Back in the 70's early 80's the guards were US Marines........

A couple. Not a battalion.

I love how republican's try to treat the symptom and not the disease.

The problem is our foreign policy and military aggression in the ME.

That is what is radicalizing normal, law-abiding citizens, into jihadists.

The number of jihadists are directly proportional to the amount of bombs we drop on ME country's.

The less bombs we deliver, the less bombs we get in return.

Really? So that's why we were attacked on 9-11-01? Because we went into a country and beat their ass to save another (Muslim) country?

Really?

No. Try again. If you don't know. Let me know and I will help you.

The number of jihadists are directly proportional to the amount of bombs we drop on ME country's.

Really? So that's why we were attacked on 9-11-01? Because we went into a country and beat their ass to save another (Muslim) country?

Really?

In a nutshell?

That was the immediate reason.

Bin Laden was pissed that the Saudis asked the US to help out with Kuwait.

Oh you told him. I was gonna tell him.

$2B or $ 2 Trillion, it's irrelevant because Obama didn't want to offend Muslims by stationing guards at the Consulate

Fail Dean

I mean more so than usual

*sigh* rdean at it again with this false narrative aka liberal lying scumbucket talking points.

The budget cuts had no effect on the Security situation in Benghazi.

They had enough money to hire a Libyan milita didn't they now? Talk about a "worse ever idea" for a foreign embassy in a war torn region.

And the militia even warned the State Department that they would not protect Ambassador on his planned 5 day trip to Benghazi.

They were on a "mini strike" for more money and they told the State Department "no security" would be available for the Ambassador.

Wow, you make it sound like this ambassador had no experience and was so stupid and knew so little he didn't know what he was doing and went exactly where he was told.

$2B or $ 2 Trillion, it's irrelevant because Obama didn't want to offend Muslims by stationing guards at the Consulate

Fail Dean

Prove it.

I've proven it over and over and over to you. Testimony by Lamb completely disproves your lies that it was Republican budget cuts that allowed Benghazi to happen.

You are a pathological liar rdean.

this thread is so full of fail

dems didn't propose the money, now or back then, yet, rdean still WHINES when pubs want to fund the embassies after bengazi. shit, when they don't fund them "enough" rdean whines, when they want to give them 2 billion, rdean whines.

conclusion:

when a republican does anything, breathes for example, they are wrong

no surprise rdean ran from this

prolly soiled himself when he read it and tried very hard to pretend the post doesn't exist

Fail Dean

Prove it.

It was unguarded, Dean

Why did Obama leave the Consulate unguarded?

Where were the Marines?

Well the militia the State Department hired refused to act as security for this trip to Benghazi and actually gave the State Department notice that they wouldn't.

I still want to know the asshole's name who thought hiring a Libyan militia as security for an American Ambassador was a swell freaking idea.

Militia Hired by State Dept. Warned It Wouldn’t Protect Stevens’ Movements in Benghazi
May 1, 2013
By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - The February 17th Martyrs Brigade, a Benghazi-based militia with Islamist elements that the State Department hired as a “quick reaction force” (QRF) to protect the department’s mission in Benghazi, warned the State Department that it would not protect the movements of Amb. Chris Stevens when he visited there last September.

That warning was relayed to the regional security officer (RSO) at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli--the top security adviser to the ambassador--in an internal State Department email dated Sept. 9, 2012.

That was one day before Stevens departed Tripoli for Benghazi--for what was scheduled to be a five-day visit.

Militia Hired by State Dept. Warned It Wouldn?t Protect Stevens? Movements in Benghazi | CNS News

Really?

No. Try again. If you don't know. Let me know and I will help you.

No, it is you who needs help.

Now you don't need a permit. That's the point.

You need a permit to carry a concealed weapon in a national park.

For years, federal law at National Parks allowed people to bring in unloaded weapons as long as they were stowed away. But starting Monday, that will change. Now anyone with a legal permit can bring in a loaded gun, concealed or otherwise, as long as it concurs with state laws.

Starting today, loaded guns allowed in National Parks | Seattle

So get a permit. Then you can do anything you want. That's called "expanded gun laws".

Ya right,those can be picked up at any walmart,just stop by they have lots.

you have any freaking clue as how hard and expensive it is to even apply fora pistol permit in most states , places like NY or NJ

Its not expanding shit,its protecting whats already there.

and this:

After doing this:

and this:

and finally:

They didn't like this:

Gotta love it.

1. Cut the budget for embassy security.
2. Ignore warnings and/or requests.
3. Wait until someone dies.
4. Blame the other guys.
5. Raise the budget.

:clap:

Fucking conservatives.

I know. Right?

Why is it I can't get that Hilary warning link to work?

Oops! This page appears broken.

The truth is, many ambassadors are in lightly guarded places. You can't just go station a battalion of marines in a foreign country. Try to figure out why.

Just kidding. I'll tell you why. If you are trying to set an example and influence another country, you have to do it through deeds and actions, not just words. You can't do it hiding behind a line of rifles facing the backs of Marines. It's why many ambassadors eschew security. See, an organization like al Qaeda isn't a country. They don't have ambassadors. You wouldn't hurt the Chinese ambassador because they have ours. al Qaeda doesn't give a fuck.

I'm thinking this is why Republicans are such massive failures at foreign affairs. To be an effective ambassador, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the people in the country where you are stationed. To build a bridge, you have to effectively understand them. Republican bully. They don't want to understand anyone. You know it's true. Please be honest and admit it.

Ever been to an Embassy? I've been to about 2 dozen of them. Back in the 70's early 80's the guards were US Marines........

A couple. Not a battalion.

Actually it was normally a squad or platoon, Anywhere from 15 to 45 Marines. I believe 15 Marines would have made a hell of a difference that night.......

Forum List

Back