How About this for a Border Wall Compromise?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The Key contention is this idea that the wall has to be made of concrete or stone of some sort, like a mideival castle or something.

I think most of us in favor of the wall simply want something that works and the current hodge p[odge of vehicle barriers and single fence border is obviously not working.

The 700 mile double fence mandated in the 2007 Secure Fence Act only has had about 70 miles of that fence built, the rest is a mix of vehicle barriers and single pedestrian fencing.

upload_2019-1-5_22-45-36.png

If Democrats can agree to let Trump have funding to complete this previously agreed to double fence at a 30 foot height they can claim that they stopped Trump from building his wall. Trump can say he gave his supporters the 30 foot steel slat wall he promised.

Both sides can claim victory to their base supporters and the nation can get its government back to full working order.

Frankly, I don't want a compromise. All compromise accomplishes is to give the Democrats a little of what they want.

Later, they'll come back for more. Fuck 'em. Let 'em rot.

The Key contention is this idea that the wall has to be made of concrete or stone of some sort, like a mideival castle or something.

I think most of us in favor of the wall simply want something that works and the current hodge p[odge of vehicle barriers and single fence border is obviously not working.

The 700 mile double fence mandated in the 2007 Secure Fence Act only has had about 70 miles of that fence built, the rest is a mix of vehicle barriers and single pedestrian fencing.

View attachment 238656

If Democrats can agree to let Trump have funding to complete this previously agreed to double fence at a 30 foot height they can claim that they stopped Trump from building his wall. Trump can say he gave his supporters the 30 foot steel slat wall he promised.

Both sides can claim victory to their base supporters and the nation can get its government back to full working order.
Why does anyone have to fund Drumpfs wall when he claimed that Mexico would pay for it? Why is everyone avoiding the fact that he promised Mexico would pay for it?

What exactly is the dems’ opposition to the wall?
The fact that the repubs never believed in Drumpfs bullshit wall either while they had the majority. :rolleyes:
You haven’t answered the question. What is the dems’ categoric objection?
The wall wont work, repubs dont even support the dingbats wall, the american people dont want the wall. That specific enough for you? :rolleyes:
How would the wall not work? They work everywhere else they’re used. And how could they know it wouldn’t work in this case if they don’t first try?

Trump wants it. They hate Trump.

I have asked the same question directly to some of the resident democrats. They never answer the question (directly). Instead they spout typical democrat talking points and express their hatred of Trump.

I have asked the same question directly to some of the resident democrats. They never answer the question (directly). Instead they spout typical democrat talking points and express their hatred of Trump.
That’s about right. I’m still waiting for a categoric answer.

The fact that the repubs never believed in Drumpfs bullshit wall either while they had the majority. :rolleyes:
The wall wont work, repubs dont even support the dingbats wall, the american people dont want the wall. That specific enough for you? :rolleyes:
How would the wall not work? They work everywhere else they’re used. And how could they know it wouldn’t work in this case if they don’t first try?
The same way frozen water doesnt work in hell. No they dont work everywhere else they are used. People climb over walls, knock down walls, and tunnel under walls all the time all around the world. I think the people on the border know what will work and what wont work.

Americans who live near border say Trump's wall is unwelcome

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it, said Monica Weisberg-Stewart, security expert for the Texas Border Coalition, a consortium of regional leaders.

The same way frozen water doesnt work in hell. No they dont work everywhere else they are used. People climb over walls, knock down walls, and tunnel under walls all the time all around the world. I think the people on the border know what will work and what wont work.

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it, said Monica Weisberg-Stewart, security expert for the Texas Border Coalition, a consortium of regional leaders.
No, they’re pretty effective wherever employed.

You mean youre waiting for an answer you agree with. Lets be honest here. :rolleyes:

Except for all the American people chanting ”build the wall” in this video and Schumer and trump, right? But everybody else is against the Wall.

No, they’re pretty effective wherever employed.
Bullshit. Sorry bud. Not spending $5B on some retarded ass ego-wall for Drumpf that wont do shit but decay with age.

You mean youre waiting for an answer you agree with. Lets be honest here. :rolleyes:
No I just want to hear a specific reason. That would then likely be easily refuted.

Forum List

Back