How are cops supposed to know if their attacker is armed or not?

He stole from a store, and without a gun. He just walked out without paying. He never held a gun on anyone. He wasn't trying to get to the bus station to get out of town. He was walking down the street.

And assaulted a man half his size. That is a felony.

Now you are just making up stuff

1. American common law has defined assault as an attempt to commit a battery. Assault is typically treated as a misdemeanor and not as afelony (unless it involves a law enforcement officer). The more serious crime of aggravated assault is treated as a felony.
What reason do you have to lie about things that can easily be searched?

Assaulting someone while committing a robbery is a felony.
Stop making shit up.
He didn't assault anyone in the store where it took the goods that he walked out without paying for. The video showed only a slight push, nothing more. He didn't hit anyone, knock anyone down, hold a gun on them, nor did he send anyone to the hospital. He simply walked out of the store without paying.

Do you really think I have that short of a memory?
I'll be glad to repost the video we've all seen a thousand times if your memory has become foggy over the last few months.
Yes, please post it. It may be different from the one that I saw.

Its funny that all the freedom loving patriots who are republicans here seem to all make excuses for police abusing their power while in other threads warning about how govt power is to be feared

I dont fear the police because I've done nothing wrong.
I only worry about the police infringing on my rights using unconstitutional means. Not because I've done anything wrong but because our Constitution forbids it.
When some dumbass gets his ass killed for robbing a store and attacking a cop I dont have a problem with it.

There are so many cases of this happening in black neighborhoods and for so long that your attempt to make this only about one case is a little off.

Everyone, everwhere cant be a violent thug everytime. Here you say robbing a store.

I bring up Eric Gardner and you'll say you have no problem with killing someone resisting arrest

I bring up Tamir and you'll say you have no problem with killing a kid with a toy gun

I bring up Trayvon and you'll say you have no problem with killing a kid who was...doing something but you know he deserved it.

Do you want to know what the common theme is here. You dont have a problem with cops killing blacks for almost every and all reasons. And everytime the person who pulled the trigger is not a fault but the person who the bullets enter...its their fault.

that pattern is just by coincidence...I'm sure

Funny...you're the only one who thinks that way.
Well other than their mommas who claimed they were such nice boys heading of to college in the fall.
If you guys would stop posting up shit that is obviously justified you might get more sympathy.
As it is you're just making matters worse.

This is the one case where the cop was obviously wrong and he's no longer a cop.
In fact he should be charged with attempted murder just for being a dumbass.

1. American common law has defined assault as an attempt to commit a battery. Assault is typically treated as a misdemeanor and not as afelony (unless it involves a law enforcement officer). The more serious crime of aggravated assault is treated as a felony.

Stop making shit up.
He didn't assault anyone in the store where it took the goods that he walked out without paying for. The video showed only a slight push, nothing more. He didn't hit anyone, knock anyone down, hold a gun on them, nor did he send anyone to the hospital. He simply walked out of the store without paying.

I'll be glad to repost the video we've all seen a thousand times if your memory has become foggy over the last few months.

You have to remember the rules. A slight push by a black man is considered a felony attack to whites. Just like MB and Wilson being the same size but MB made him feel like a 5 year old looking up to Hulk Hogan. Any action by a black guy will always be worst.

Even MB's jaywalking seems to upset this bunch to claim he was impeding the flow of traffic apparently hes so big cars couldnt pass...'cept Wilsons...but yanno

Stop making shit up.

We can clear that up right now. Was it the vid of the gentle giant grabbing the store clerk by the throat and shoving him into a display?
Because thats a clear cut case of assault.

Its funny that all the freedom loving patriots who are republicans here seem to all make excuses for police abusing their power while in other threads warning about how govt power is to be feared

I only worry about the police infringing on my rights using unconstitutional means. Not because I've done anything wrong but because our Constitution forbids it.
When some dumbass gets his ass killed for robbing a store and attacking a cop I dont have a problem with it.

There are so many cases of this happening in black neighborhoods and for so long that your attempt to make this only about one case is a little off.

Everyone, everwhere cant be a violent thug everytime. Here you say robbing a store.

I bring up Eric Gardner and you'll say you have no problem with killing someone resisting arrest

I bring up Tamir and you'll say you have no problem with killing a kid with a toy gun

I bring up Trayvon and you'll say you have no problem with killing a kid who was...doing something but you know he deserved it.

Do you want to know what the common theme is here. You dont have a problem with cops killing blacks for almost every and all reasons. And everytime the person who pulled the trigger is not a fault but the person who the bullets enter...its their fault.

Well other than their mommas who claimed they were such nice boys heading of to college in the fall.
If you guys would stop posting up shit that is obviously justified you might get more sympathy.

When have whites ever shown sympathy toward blacks? lol....

Oh I know why they havent, its blacks fault....for hundreds of years...just like the cop killings....Its always blacks fault.

This is the one case where the cop was obviously wrong and he's no longer a cop.

But he's not charged with attempted murder. Since he's not charged that would mean...if I have the logic right....no conviction means he didnt do anything wrong. :rolleyes: Like OJ

But we all know thats not correct

Stop making shit up.

We can clear that up right now. Was it the vid of the gentle giant grabbing the store clerk by the throat and shoving him into a display?
Post your video and I'll tell you if it's the same one that I saw. The one I saw showed a push, no actual harm done. I never saw one where someone was actually hit or hospitalized. I saw a push with no bodily harm. But, show your video and I'll tell you if I see assault that warrants cold blooded murder.

Stop making shit up.

You have to remember the rules. A slight push by a black man is considered a felony attack to whites. Just like MB and Wilson being the same size but MB made him feel like a 5 year old looking up to Hulk Hogan. Any action by a black guy will always be worst.

Even MB's jaywalking seems to upset this bunch to claim he was impeding the flow of traffic apparently hes so big cars couldnt pass...'cept Wilsons...but yanno

He assaulted the guy during the commision of a strong arm robbery.
Robbing someone with just the threat of bodily harm is a felony and you dont even have to touch them.
The gentle giant assaulted the guy plane and simple.

When have whites ever shown sympathy toward blacks? lol....

Oh I know why they havent, its blacks fault....for hundreds of years...just like the cop killings....Its always blacks fault.

But he's not charged with attempted murder. Since he's not charged that would mean...if I have the logic right....no conviction means he didnt do anything wrong. :rolleyes: Like OJ

But we all know thats not correct

Both OJ and this dumbass cop are guilty as sin.

Stop making shit up.

Robbing someone with just the threat of bodily harm is a felony and you dont even have to touch them.
Oh, so even if that's true, it warrants cold blooded murder? We execute people for walking out of a store with a few inexpensive items? We give the death penalty for taking cigars without paying for them?

Stop making shit up.

Post your video and I'll tell you if it's the same one that I saw. The one I saw showed a push, no actual harm done. I never saw one where someone was actually hit or hospitalized. I saw a push with no bodily harm. But, show your video and I'll tell you if I see assault that warrants cold blooded murder.

It doesnt matter what you think. He grabbed him by the throat and implied bodily harm. That is a felony.

Oh, so even if that's true, it warrants cold blooded murder? We execute people for walking out of a store with a few inexpensive items? We give the death penalty for taking cigars without paying for them?

He got shot for assaulting the cop,not for the strong arm robbery or jaywalking.
Had he followed the cops instructions he would be alive today and probably out of jail by now.

It doesnt matter what you think. He grabbed him by the throat and implied bodily harm. That is a felony.
Do you have the video? Yes or no? Was he executed for taking cigars? Did he put someone in intensive care in the hospital? Did he disable someone for life? Was killing him justified for stealing a few cigars? Was there any other way to handle it? Could he have been arrested and tried in a court of law? Was murder the only course of action?

He got shot for assaulting the cop,not for the strong arm robbery or jaywalking.
Had he followed the cops instructions he would be alive today and probably out of jail by now.
Where is the proof that he assaulted the officer? You mean just because the officer said he was assaulted, it's the gospel truth? So, the cop claims he was assaulted to cover his ass for shooting an unarmed man? Proof that an assault took place?

That's all liberals talk about - unarmed man shot - unarmed man shot - unarmed man shot.

If someone attacks me and i've got a gun, i'm gonna shoot him and ask questions later. Who wouldn't?

HI ShootSpeeders
to prevent any more Zimmerman/Martin or Ferguson incidents or Eric Garner confrontations
clearly both the people doing the policing and the people being policed need to agree what the rules are.

Half the people I talk with don't even know what the laws and procedures are.
Then you end with with powder kegs like Ferguson ready to blow up at the first inciteful conflict.

When I was going through school training, the teachers made the students write out their
own class rules and all to agree to follow them from day one. Or you don't get to participate in class.

Why don't we require this for citizenship? Why not require the same training and oath that police and military
officers take, for all citizens who want to enforce their equal rights, and especially defend the law using guns?

The confrontations can be prevented by agreeing what the procedures and laws are.

If I were an officer or member of a union, I'd refuse to police a district until all the resident there
sign agreements to follow laws and set procedures in case of investigation, confrontation or arrest.
either people are able to be legally competent and financially responsible for following the laws or breaking them,
or they need assistance, counseling or supervision if they have some disability or condition where they can't follow
laws, and this needs to be addressed instead of letting people run free without any agreement to follow laws.

We can't just wait for people to land in prison before they learn their rights and the laws they were supposed to follow.
Duh. teach them in advance, and if they can't pass, you already screen out which people need help.

We can't afford to keep funding the prison complex when it would cost us less in resources to educate
and train citizens to preventing crime and saving people, property and principles from violations in the first place.

Do you have the video? Yes or no? Was he executed for taking cigars? Did he put someone in intensive care in the hospital? Did he disable someone for life? Was killing him justified for stealing a few cigars? Was there any other way to handle it? Could he have been arrested and tried in a court of law? Was murder the only course of action?

You know what the video will show and I know what the video will show.
MB grabbing the clerk by the throat and shoving him. And when the clerk tried to approach MB again he came at the clerk in a threatening manner.
That is the definition of a strong arm robbery and no different than the protection racket the mob runs. Pay up and nothing will happen to you.
You can sit and cry all you want about it but it's the law and rightfully so.

That's all liberals talk about - unarmed man shot - unarmed man shot - unarmed man shot.

If someone attacks me and i've got a gun, i'm gonna shoot him and ask questions later. Who wouldn't?

The only way a cop can ultimately be sure the perp is unarmed is for the perp to submit to a search. I'm not sure I've heard of a shooting after such a search, that is unless the perp put up a fight or fleas after said search.

"How are cops supposed to know if their attacker is armed or not?"

Wrong question.

The correct questions:

Why are situations allowed to escalate to the point where deadly forced is perceived as necessary.

What occasions police officers to even come into contact with these persons – is stopping or questioning even warranted.

Many of these incidents occur in the context of exceedingly minor alleged crimes, where neither law enforcement or anyone in the general public are in imminent danger.

The incident in Wisconsin this Friday is typical, where there was no good reason for the officer to pursue the suspect based only on anonymous phone calls of an alleged battery, and where the officer himself didn't witness a crime; once the suspect had left the area of the alleged battery and was no longer a danger to the general public or law enforcement, no further action was warranted on the part of the officer.
You are really the most stupid ignorant ass hole I've ever encountered on any forum. And that's saying something.
Thank God there is a PI function on this forum.

HI ShootSpeeders
to prevent any more Zimmerman/Martin or Ferguson incidents or Eric Garner confrontations
clearly both the people doing the policing and the people being policed need to agree what the rules are.

Half the people I talk with don't even know what the laws and procedures are.
Then you end with with powder kegs like Ferguson ready to blow up at the first inciteful conflict.

When I was going through school training, the teachers made the students write out their
own class rules and all to agree to follow them from day one. Or you don't get to participate in class.

Why don't we require this for citizenship? Why not require the same training and oath that police and military
officers take, for all citizens who want to enforce their equal rights, and especially defend the law using guns?

The confrontations can be prevented by agreeing what the procedures and laws are.

If I were an officer or member of a union, I'd refuse to police a district until all the resident there
sign agreements to follow laws and set procedures in case of investigation, confrontation or arrest.
either people are able to be legally competent and financially responsible for following the laws or breaking them,
or they need assistance, counseling or supervision if they have some disability or condition where they can't follow
laws, and this needs to be addressed instead of letting people run free without any agreement to follow laws.

We can't just wait for people to land in prison before they learn their rights and the laws they were supposed to follow.
Duh. teach them in advance, and if they can't pass, you already screen out which people need help.

We can't afford to keep funding the prison complex when it would cost us less in resources to educate
and train citizens to preventing crime and saving people, property and principles from violations in the first place.

That all sounds good but these people know damn well not to assault a cop or disregard their orders.

I don't buy that. Lots of bad cops out there and sometimes doing what they say can be a bad idea. I can't fault someone for turning around and running from the cops. Not that michael brown did that but if he had, and the cop shot him, then even i would say he was murdered.

Not doing what they say is always a bad idea. They are the ones in authority.
If you have a beef with them, you don't run, you don't drive off, you don't mouth off. If you have been injured by a cop after not doing any of those things, or if you think you were wrongly accused by a cop then you take it up with a lawyer, a judge, the ACLU. .

That's BS. People get screwed by cops all the time and there is no justice for them. Lawyers and judges are all crooks and the ACLU is just a racket.
PI. You're stupid.

There was no murder, both a grand jury and the Justice department agreed to that.

Yes, there was another way that this could have ended without the death. That is, MB submitting to a lawful order.

Forum List

Back