How can an atheist have morals?

[

Ah there it is. You always look for the tell when it's time to say "yeah, ok then good luck with that" and then move on.

The Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH was 'created by the democratic party'. Not by fanatical Christians, not by the devil, not by Allah or Vishnu. No it was a political party.

Correct, shitferbrains. It was created by life long Atheist and ACLU lawyer Fred Phelps. It had a membership of 7 people. It was ALWAYS a fraud to defame Christians and was never anything else.

And son, that is some Nazi level shit. You fuckers do this all the time - ahem the Colbert report..

Doesn't sound like an atheist to me! Lol.

Phelps was a member of the Boy Scouts of America, receiving the Eagle Scout Award.[12] In May 1946, at the age of 16, Phelps graduated from high school and was admitted to United States Military Academy in West Point, New York.[10] Phelps however claims that after attending a Methodist revival meeting decided to become a minister and chose not to attend West Point.[10] Phelps attended Bob Jones University, for two years (1946-1948) before dropping out. He cited racial issues as the reason for his departure; in 1994 former college employees told the Topeka Capital Journal that Phelps left after being given an ultimatum that he either seek psychiatric counselling or be expelled.[13] He then attended the Prairie Bible Institute for the remaining two semesters of his freshman year.[13] In 1951, he earned a two-year degree from John Muir College. While at John Muir, Phelps was profiled in Time magazine for preaching against "sins committed on campus by students and teachers ... promiscuous petting ... evil language ... profanity ... cheating ... teachers' filthy jokes in classrooms ... [and] pandering to the lusts of the flesh".[14] In October 1951, while attending the Arizona Bible Institute, Phelps met Margie M. Simms and married her in May 1952.

In 1954, the East Side Baptist Church in Topeka hired Phelps as an associate pastor, and then promoted him to be the pastor of their new church, Westboro Baptist, which opened in 1955.[15] Soon after Westboro was established, Phelps broke all ties with East Side Baptist.

Read the next paragraph;

Legal career
Civil rights cases
Phelps earned a law degree from Washburn University in 1964, and founded the Phelps Chartered law firm.[16] The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims.[7] Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were ****** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.[17]

Phelps took cases on behalf of African-American clients alleging racial discrimination by school systems, and a predominantly black American Legion post which had been raided by police, alleging racially based police abuse.[18] Phelps' law firm obtained settlements for some clients.[19] Phelps also sued President Ronald Reagan over Reagan's appointment of a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican, alleging this violated separation of church and state. The case was dismissed by the U.S. district court.[19][20] Phelps' law firm, staffed by himself and family members also represented non-white Kansans in discrimination actions against Kansas City Power and Light, Southwestern Bell, and the Topeka City Attorney, and represented two female professors alleging discrimination in Kansas universities.[17]

In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients.[19]

ACLU lawyer a "pastor?"

Yeah, right...

[

Ah there it is. You always look for the tell when it's time to say "yeah, ok then good luck with that" and then move on.

The Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH was 'created by the democratic party'. Not by fanatical Christians, not by the devil, not by Allah or Vishnu. No it was a political party.

Correct, shitferbrains. It was created by life long Atheist and ACLU lawyer Fred Phelps. It had a membership of 7 people. It was ALWAYS a fraud to defame Christians and was never anything else.

And son, that is some Nazi level shit. You fuckers do this all the time - ahem the Colbert report..

Doesn't sound like an atheist to me! Lol.

Phelps was a member of the Boy Scouts of America, receiving the Eagle Scout Award.[12] In May 1946, at the age of 16, Phelps graduated from high school and was admitted to United States Military Academy in West Point, New York.[10] Phelps however claims that after attending a Methodist revival meeting decided to become a minister and chose not to attend West Point.[10] Phelps attended Bob Jones University, for two years (1946-1948) before dropping out. He cited racial issues as the reason for his departure; in 1994 former college employees told the Topeka Capital Journal that Phelps left after being given an ultimatum that he either seek psychiatric counselling or be expelled.[13] He then attended the Prairie Bible Institute for the remaining two semesters of his freshman year.[13] In 1951, he earned a two-year degree from John Muir College. While at John Muir, Phelps was profiled in Time magazine for preaching against "sins committed on campus by students and teachers ... promiscuous petting ... evil language ... profanity ... cheating ... teachers' filthy jokes in classrooms ... [and] pandering to the lusts of the flesh".[14] In October 1951, while attending the Arizona Bible Institute, Phelps met Margie M. Simms and married her in May 1952.

In 1954, the East Side Baptist Church in Topeka hired Phelps as an associate pastor, and then promoted him to be the pastor of their new church, Westboro Baptist, which opened in 1955.[15] Soon after Westboro was established, Phelps broke all ties with East Side Baptist.

Read the next paragraph;

Legal career
Civil rights cases
Phelps earned a law degree from Washburn University in 1964, and founded the Phelps Chartered law firm.[16] The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims.[7] Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were ****** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.[17]

Phelps took cases on behalf of African-American clients alleging racial discrimination by school systems, and a predominantly black American Legion post which had been raided by police, alleging racially based police abuse.[18] Phelps' law firm obtained settlements for some clients.[19] Phelps also sued President Ronald Reagan over Reagan's appointment of a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican, alleging this violated separation of church and state. The case was dismissed by the U.S. district court.[19][20] Phelps' law firm, staffed by himself and family members also represented non-white Kansans in discrimination actions against Kansas City Power and Light, Southwestern Bell, and the Topeka City Attorney, and represented two female professors alleging discrimination in Kansas universities.[17]

In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients.[19]

ACLU lawyer a "pastor?"

Yeah, right...

He was an ordained minister by the Baptist Church. It doesn't matter what you THINK about it. The facts don't change because you don't like them. There is no documentation that he was an atheist.

I posted the information for you. You are wrong.

You creatively cut & pasted from Wiki, carefully avoiding the rest of the article.

Phelps was a fraud - just like Archie Bunker and Steven Colbert.

He seems like a religious extremist more than an atheist. Lol.

Yes, and Carol O'Conner was an arch-conservative... :eusa_whistle:

The right has a bad habit of not behaving in accordance to leftist bigotry, so the left fraudulently creates their own version.

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?

An atheists morals have more credibility than a believer

An atheists does things because they are the right thing to do......a believer does it because they fear the wrath of god
Who is better the one who does the right thing because it's the right thing or the one who does it because he fears God?

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?

America frees any individual from the laws of religion as long as they obey the state and local laws. Screw all ancient fairy tales!

1. Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.
Us atheists know it was immoral for those 20 Christian Marines to kill that Muslim recruit. What kind of immoral Christians are you people?

They will try to tell you that morals just "evolve", ignoring the fact that here in the 21st century they have 2000 years of western civilization behind them shaped by Judeo-Christian philosophy. Evolution my ass.

They will try to tell you that morals just "evolve", ignoring the fact that here in the 21st century they have 2000 years of western civilization behind them shaped by Judeo-Christian philosophy. Evolution my ass.
Look how gay love making is moral now. We are evolving.

And it's no longer immoral to say God doesn't exist.

Judeo-Christian "morals" allowed slavery

Thank GOD for an evolution of morals

Last edited:

Than GOD for an evolution of morals
Because Islam is evil
20 Marines face discipline after death of Muslim recruit from Taylor

Twenty Marine Corps personnel face possible discipline or criminal charges after investigations into the death of a 20-year-old Muslim recruit from Taylor found multiple violations of policies and procedures at a key recruiting outpost, including indications that Raheel Siddiqui was physically abused and called a “terrorist” by his drill sergeant.

Morals. LOL

Bullshit. Judeo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

Last edited:

anyone can have morals
however, from the Christian viewpoint, there is no reason to have them if you are an atheist, since the meaning of life is God and living for his purpose

Bullshit. Judo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

The Bible was read to slaves and used as justification of why they had to serve their masters

Lots of religious people have no morals

The meanest most miserable people I have ever met were religious

Bullshit. Judeo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

You also had Christian moralizers pointing out how it was their God-given duty to enslave lesser races for their own good and that thinks like spreading Christianity at the point of a sword in the Americas was doing God's work.

Forum List

Back