How Can Ayman al-Zawahiri Still Be Alive?

JoeBlam

Rookie
Jun 1, 2013
While Barry claims he's "decimated" al-Qaida leadership, the REAL leader is still alive and doing quite well, thank you. :eusa_eh: Binny was never more than a symbolic leader to this pack of lunatics; tall for an a-rab, emotional, daring, and symbolic of the ol "son of a rich man turns rebel" refrain. But it was always al-Zawahiri doing the operational planning and here he is again in the center of the latest panic-attack for western civilization. Or is he?

al-qaeda-osama-bin-laden-ayman-al-zawahiri.jpg

The reason this ugly ol criminal is still alive is because of the al-Qaida operational security protocols. Like bin-Laden, Zawa supposedly allows no phones or internet anywhere near him. Yet here we are hearing he was in CONFERNECE CALLS with 20 other lunatics planning some shit in Yemen or whatever. Really? :eusa_shifty: First off, why would he suddenly ditch his well-hidden trail and expose himself to our signal-intel boys. And second, who ever got anything done in a 20 person conference call? :uhoh3: Those of you who've been in on calls like these know they're always a cluster-fuck of bad connections, background noise, sudden black-outs, repetitive questions, and in the end, a total waste of time. Am I right? Yeah.

So we are left to believe the NSA earned their beans and bourbon on this one and so should be left free to spy on your granny in Grand Rapids. This was something alright, but how big and how scary is starting to sound like a fishing story.

Last edited:
While Barry claims he's "decimated" al-Qaida leadership,

The Al Qaeda leadership is decimated and has been largely since 2003, it has just been further decimated since then.

the REAL leader is still alive and doing quite well, thank you. :eusa_eh: Binny was never more than a symbolic leader to this pack of lunatics;

That's not really true. Osama bin Laden held a veto power over the Al Qaeda Military Committee (what often gets referred to incorrectly as a the Shura Council). Osama bin Laden was a very important figure in Al Qaeda, he just became a much smaller deal before his death because Al Qaeda Central was in tatters.

tall for an a-rab, emotional, daring, and symbolic of the ol "son of a rich man turns rebel" refrain. But it was always al-Zawahiri doing the operational planning and here he is again in the center of the latest panic-attack for western civilization.

I'm not very panicked by him. He lacks a lot of operational capacity and funding that the old Al Qaeda had. His desperation was shown in both his allowance of the GSPC and Al Shabaab entry into Al Qaeda without their alignment to Al Qaeda ideological stances, and also in his increasing inability to control the ISI in Iraq and their attempt to take over Al Nusra in Syria. Al Qaeda can't even control it's primary affiliate in Iraq let alone exercise control over its other "affiliates" elsewhere.

The reason this ugly ol criminal is still alive is because of the al-Qaida operational security protocols. Like bin-Laden, Zawa supposedly allows no phones or internet anywhere near him.

Pretty true, Several tier two Al Qaeda leaders were taken out in 2003 by Pakistani forces working with the US due to their use of phone calls and voice recordings. It made many senior Al Qaeda leaders wary of issuing statements with voice recordings of any kind.

• Banned
According to who...you? Listen Akbar, I have no use for you or your bullshit.....put up your own OP instead of trying to abort mine next time...What I post stands on it's own merit....I've earned what I know from my training..... as far as I'm concerned, you're just idiot wind.

According to who...you? Listen Akbar, I have no use for you or your bullshit.....put up your own OP instead of trying to abort mine next time...What I post stands on it's own merit....I've earned what I know from my training..... as far as I'm concerned, you're just idiot wind.

According to West Point's Combating Terrorism Center. You have a problem with it, take it up with them. ;)

• Banned

According to West Point's Combating Terrorism Center. You have a problem with it, take it up with them. ;)

Ah, and now you're involved with "West Point"...uh huh. Your name indicates you're a muslim and you post from a muslim viewpoint. You also claim you've "served" With who, what country? :eusa_eh:

Ah, and now you're involved with "West Point"...uh huh. Your name indicates you're a muslim and you post from a muslim viewpoint. You also claim you've "served" With who, what country? :eusa_eh:

Lol. My name doesn't have anything to do with Islam. It was derived from the element Osmium (symbol Os). And no, I don't work with West Point, but I have done counter terrorism and as such I keep up to date with the publications of respected centers.

The Combating Terrorism Center from West Point is one of them. The Institute for the Study of War is another; as is the Council on Foreign Relations.

All of those think tanks agree with what I have posted up there as do Al Qaeda's own internal documents both from our killing of bin Laden and from Harun's autobiography (Al Qaeda's confidential secretary).

Just because you don't like me doesn't mean that I don't know what I am talking about. ;)

Lol. My name doesn't have anything to do with Islam. It was derived from the element Osmium (symbol Os). And no, I don't work with West Point, but I have done counter terrorism and as such I keep up to date with the publications of respected centers.

The Combating Terrorism Center from West Point is one of them. The Institute for the Study of War is another; as is the Council on Foreign Relations.

All of those think tanks agree with what I have posted up there as do Al Qaeda's own internal documents both from our killing of bin Laden and from Harun's autobiography (Al Qaeda's confidential secretary).

Just because you don't like me doesn't mean that I don't know what I am talking about. ;)

:eusa_shifty: Okay, I guess we got off on the wrong foot....from you hectoring my posts with an aloof attitude.....I admit my views are guess-work but so are everybody's with these jihadists because their cells are impossible to penetrate....at least they were in the beginning. I profile the way I was taught by my handlers in the RECONDO days in the RVN. Good spycraft hasn't changed much except nobody smokes anymore...back in the day just by offering a guy a cigarette you could find out what language he spoke, if he was right or left-handed, what rings/tattoos he might have, and if he had the shakes being encountered my a stranger. I miss Marlboro Country.

:eusa_shifty: Okay, I guess we got off on the wrong foot....from you hectoring my posts with an aloof attitude.....I admit my views are guess-work but so are everybody's with these jihadists because their cells are impossible to penetrate....at least they were in the beginning. I profile the way I was taught by my handlers in the RECONDO days in the RVN. Good spycraft hasn't changed much except nobody smokes anymore...back in the day just by offering a guy a cigarette you could find out what language he spoke, if he was right or left-handed, what rings/tattoos he might have, and if he had the shakes being encountered my a stranger. I miss Marlboro Country.

I suppose we did at that. We obviously disagree on some issues, but that doesn't bother me. To be honest, I was a little put off by what I saw as aggressiveness on your part but that could just be because we got off on the wrong foot. As for my "aloof attitude", it is pretty hard to convey tone through posts for me. I used to do jouranlistic writing, but I never really cared for the sensationalism that went along with creating a capturing article. I generally tend to be fairly dry in my writing. I'm also an analyst, and while I have field experience, my service wasn't through the military, nor am I primarily a field opperative, so I do lack some of those skills and tones when it comes to communication.

What I do well though is keep up to date and informed on the issues that I work with: Terrorism, Sub-Saharan Africa, conflict in general, international economic development, etc. When I reply to a thread it is usually because it is a subject that I am comfortable with and have supporting evidence for my positions on.

Forum List

Back