How can the additional 1400 stimulus fail in the Senate?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Presumably all democrats will vote for it leaving only a handful of Republicans needed for passage right?
Or does unanimous consent also apply in the Senate?
And no, I don't know all the Senate rules so no snyde remarks are needed. I swing a hammer & wrench for a living and have minimal knowledge on the rules.

1609248095033.png

I read this:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hasn’t said whether the Senate would take up the House bill, attempt to vote on a different one that would also increase direct payments or simply ignore the issue. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said he’ll seek unanimous consent to pass the House bill on Tuesday. But the move is expected to draw an objection from a Republican, effectively shutting down the effort.
Senate GOP Has Stimulus Dilemma as Democrats Side With Trump (msn.com)

Presumably all democrats will vote for it leaving only a handful of Republicans needed for passage right?
And no, I don't know all the Senate rules so no snyde remarks are needed. I swing a hammer & wrench for a living and have minimal knowledge on the rules.
There is no $2000 stimulus bill pend8ng in congress right now and wont be until after the Thief in Chief takes office

I read this:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hasn’t said whether the Senate would take up the House bill, attempt to vote on a different one that would also increase direct payments or simply ignore the issue. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said he’ll seek unanimous consent to pass the House bill on Tuesday. But the move is expected to draw an objection from a Republican, effectively shutting down the effort.
Senate GOP Has Stimulus Dilemma as Democrats Side With Trump (msn.com)
Why would Chuck ask for the vote to be unanimous? Surely he KNOWS that would spell the bills demise! Wouldn't he rather go for a simple majority vote so he can, you know, help Americans who are struggling?

There is no $2000 stimulus bill pend8ng in congress right now and wont be until after the Thief in Chief takes office
Pelosi already passed a bill with the increase in the house did she not?

according to news reports trump 2 days ago signed $2.3 trillion spending package agreed on by house and senate

according to news reports trump 2 days ago signed $2.3 trillion spending package agreed on by house and senate

Yes, the house passed it, and Rubio has signaled that he will vote yes...

The Republicans better vote yes or a lot of Georgians are gonna be pissed the fuck off.
Can find money for foreign aid but not to help out citizens who have been shut out by the government? LOL
Better think!

Thanks for catching me up with the news

My layman’s guess is that mcconnell will not bring it to the floor for a vote

The Republicans better vote yes or a lot of Georgians are gonna be pissed the fuck off.
Can find money for foreign aid but not to help out citizens who have been shut out by the government? LOL
Better think!
Trump is asking supporters to come to DC for a "rally" the day after the election. How many Republicans won't be at home to vote in Georgia because they went to a rally in DC?

What a mess

She did...although the unanimous consent option failed because some dickhead Republican blocked it. That would be the case in the Senate as well with the likes of Rand Paul there so it comes Moscow Mitch.

As always he has zero interest in helping the American people so that's unlikely unless he is forced to bring it to a vote. Incidentally it would require 60 votes (which it would get) and not just a simple majority.

The good news is that Bernie Sanders is saying he will hold up the Defense Bill over ride unless Mitch the Bitch does allow a vote on the $2K

Trump is asking supporters to come to DC for a "rally" the day after the election. How many Republicans won't be at home to vote in Georgia because they went to a rally in DC?
I think the trump voters in georgia have more sense than some people here give them credit for

Its discouraging to think that no matter how many republicans vote that the democrats will stuff the ballot box with enough illegal votes to carry the day

I would be very discouraged

But I would still vote and I consider myself a typical republican

Forum List

Back