How can the additional 1400 stimulus fail in the Senate?

Presumably all democrats will vote for it leaving only a handful of Republicans needed for passage right?
Or does unanimous consent also apply in the Senate?
And no, I don't know all the Senate rules so no snyde remarks are needed. I swing a hammer & wrench for a living and have minimal knowledge on the rules.
No unanimous is not required.. You would think it would have a chance. That being said, had told me 2020 would have been this way , I would have fell on the ground laughing at you. After this year who knows what is coming?

LOL but he dont mind sending billions to authoritarian govts, on their dime?
Who says he doesnt mind?

this is not a dictatorship headed by the president, pelosi or mcconnell

every budget ever passed was a compromise

He is a cheap pos, he will probably leave them all his millions.
Hopefully so if greedy libs do not get control of everything and raise the inheritance tax

but I was really thinking of all the other children yet to be born who are getting screwed by these out of control budgets this generation is adopting

Presumably all democrats will vote for it leaving only a handful of Republicans needed for passage right?
And no, I don't know all the Senate rules so no snyde remarks are needed. I swing a hammer & wrench for a living and have minimal knowledge on the rules.
Isn’t it inevitable? Or are trumpers pretending to be fiscally responsible again?

The majority leader is the de facto decider on what gets voted on. So whether or not it gets voted on is a decision that rests in the hands of the Senate Majority Leader... A post not mentioned in the Constitution. When you guys say that you're "strict constitutionalists" (not saying "you" but you guys) its funny how--when it's a republican--there is absolutely nothing wrong with this political appointee effectively vetoing bills.

And yes, Harry Reid did the same shitty thing to keep bills Obama would rather not consider off of his desk.

It will never pass. Moscow Mitch doesn't want it and regular senate republicans aren't allowed to have their own brains.

The majority leader is the de facto decider on what gets voted on. So whether or not it gets voted on is a decision that rests in the hands of the Senate Majority Leader... A post not mentioned in the Constitution. When you guys say that you're "strict constitutionalists" (not saying "you" but you guys) its funny how--when it's a republican--there is absolutely nothing wrong with this political appointee effectively vetoing bills.

And yes, Harry Reid did the same shitty thing to keep bills Obama would rather not consider off of his desk.
Harry Reid did as much damage as any republican.

There is no $2000 stimulus bill pend8ng in congress right now and wont be until after the Thief in Chief takes office
House passed it this morning. Mitch can take it up anytime he wants.

t8s9d2znswh51.jpg

There is no $2000 stimulus bill pend8ng in congress right now and wont be until after the Thief in Chief takes office
House passed it this morning. Mitch can take it up anytime he wants.
Or, hopefully not

I would rather it fails.
The economic pain being felt is not due to a virus, it is due to government overreach. Nobody in Florida or South Dakota should be forced to pay reparations to California, New York, or New Jersey (or anywhere else) because their governors took unto themselves dictatorial powers.

Forum List

Back