How did Floyd physically get pinned by 3 officers in the first place?

Just to clarify my thread. Do ALL police officers in the USA see a black and immediately stop and throw the black to the ground with no cause?
They were investigating a claim he had a counterfeit $20 bill.
You would think they would ask some questions before they handcuffed him and threw him to the ground.

The below photo shows 3 officers holding Floyd down. Why?

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

The question isn't HOW three officers pinned him down, it's WHY three officers pinned him down using deadly force over a minor offense or perhaps just an honest mistake.

The offense here wasn't armed robbery, it was that he had tried to pay for something with what looked like a fake $20.00

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

Is it possible as this black economist points out that this is the problem?
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
compared to 6.5 percent of White children.
The figures reflect a general trend:
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

That was funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering the same thing. One video shows Floyd sitting on the sidewalk. The next video shows him pinned by 3 cops by the car. What happened between the two videos? It's still look bad for the police, but regardless, we need to know the whole story.

The question isn't HOW three officers pinned him down, it's WHY three officers pinned him down using deadly force over a minor offense or perhaps just an honest mistake.

The offense here wasn't armed robbery, it was that he had tried to pay for something with what looked like a fake $20.00

The minor offense is irrelevant. He was rightly arrested for fraud. If he resists arrest then there is a whole new issue and charge.

I've been wondering the same thing. One video shows Floyd sitting on the sidewalk. The next video shows him pinned by 3 cops by the car. What happened between the two videos? It's still look bad for the police, but regardless, we need to know the whole story.
I posted a video where he reads the report of the whole event,,,

Want to end police brutality against Black people? To paraphrase Angela Davis, it’s not enough to *not* be racist — you need to be antiracist. Oftentimes, the desire to be a “perfect” ally stops people from speaking up and taking action. Don’t let concerns like this prevent you from showing up. Now more than ever is the time to take action to support Black, Indigenous and other people of color ― even if you’ve been slow to get involved in the past.

Want to end police brutality against Black people? To paraphrase Angela Davis, it’s not enough to *not* be racist — you need to be antiracist. Oftentimes, the desire to be a “perfect” ally stops people from speaking up and taking action. Don’t let concerns like this prevent you from showing up. Now more than ever is the time to take action to support Black, Indigenous and other people of color ― even if you’ve been slow to get involved in the past.

I'm not going to support people that do this. Two wrongs don't make a right!
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.12.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.11.31 AM.png

He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.
If i lived in any of the areas being destroyed I would move the fuck out because if they are found not guilty it will be 10X worse.
Yeah...maybe.
I can come on here and break people's balls about the blacks or what ever. The cold hard truth is, WE have permitted our government far too much power under the guise of protection.
When a society does that, things like this happen.
He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.
If someone is not physically capable of enduring prolonged torture and dies it does not excuse the torturer. Nor does any kind of resistance excuse torturing someone to death. Does not matter who you are once the cuffs are on you are in police custody. While in custody the police are 100% responsible for your safety. No, they tortured a man to death on TV, not going to walk on that.
There are two sides to every story. Wait till the body cam footage is release.
We don't know yet. We have only see one angle.

Cuffs are on fights over PERIOD the end. There is zero reason to restrain a man that way when they are already caught and ready to stuffed In a car.
We will see what toxicology reports state. If there were levels of certain chemicals in his system it could be argued that the man had to be restrained for his own safety.

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!

No, this is completely wrong and foolish. Black parents do regularly teach their children never to resist arrest!!! It doesn't matter when you have bad cops like that idiot who had like 12 prior incidents just like this. It was only a matter of time before he killed someone!!!

View attachment 342916
Anyone ever notice that the black power flag is the color of watermelon?

If i lived in any of the areas being destroyed I would move the fuck out because if they are found not guilty it will be 10X worse.
Yeah...maybe.
I can come on here and break people's balls about the blacks or what ever. The cold hard truth is, WE have permitted our government far too much power under the guise of protection.
If someone is not physically capable of enduring prolonged torture and dies it does not excuse the torturer. Nor does any kind of resistance excuse torturing someone to death. Does not matter who you are once the cuffs are on you are in police custody. While in custody the police are 100% responsible for your safety. No, they tortured a man to death on TV, not going to walk on that.
Nope, there is no way anyone can pretend this was warranted or part of any established police procedure. Since they are fired there will be no union lawyers coming to their defense. In the end they will cop a plea and go away for a while.

How patronizing...I had no Dad growing up yet no cops ever killed me while being arrested.

View attachment 342916
Sounds delicious. A lot of concentrates have watermelon flavoring..Is there something about melons you don't like?

No, this is completely wrong and foolish. Black parents do regularly teach their children never to resist arrest!!! It doesn't matter when you have bad cops like that idiot who had like 12 prior incidents just like this. It was only a matter of time before he killed someone!!!

OH I'm SURE that "BLACK Parents" Fathers and Mothers do. But my point was there are fewer "BLACK" fathers in households than there were in 1925!
The majority of black dual parents I'm 100% confident have taught their children like my parents..respect authority, i.e. police etc. don't confront. Be compliant. But it is and I don't have the facts but is just a guess that the MAJORITY of blacks killed by cops, which by the way..
BLACK COPS ARE JUST AS LIKELY AS WHITE COPS TO KILL BLACK SUSPECTS
When a white police officer fatally shoots a black man, angry acquaintances often assume the tragedy was triggered by a racist cop.
New research reports that, while some officers may by driven by personal prejudice, the bias that can serve as a catalyst for killings is more institutional than individual.
"White officers do not kill black suspects at a higher rate compared with nonwhite officers," concludes a research team led by Charles Menifield, dean of the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University–Newark. "The killing of black suspects is a police problem, not a white police problem."
Not surprisingly, they found a huge racial disparity when it comes to who gets killed by officers.
"While only about 13 percent of the American population is black," they write, "28 percent of people killed by police are black."
In contrast, "we find that nonwhite officers kill both black and Latino suspects at significantly higher rates than white officers," they write. "This is likely due to the fact that minority police officers tend to be assigned to minority neighborhoods, and therefore have more contact with minority suspects.

---------------
So in case you don't have the patience to read the above FACTS...
1) nonwhite officers kill at a higher rate than white.

How patronizing...I had no Dad growing up yet no cops ever killed me while being arrested.

Are you white? This doesn't apply to you if you are white.
And how DARE you call it "patronizing"! Deal with FACTS not your subjective, personalization, anecdotal OPINION! FACTS!

Are you white? This doesn't apply to you if you are white.
And how DARE you call it "patronizing"! Deal with FACTS not your subjective, personalization, anecdotal OPINION! FACTS!

It applies to any latchkey kid in the USA you don't get to make the rules.

Yeah...maybe.
Nope, there is no way anyone can pretend this was warranted or part of any established police procedure. Since they are fired there will be no union lawyers coming to their defense. In the end they will cop a plea and go away for a while.
LOL! Your confirmation bias is showing.
I am not stating guilt or innocence. I am simply stating that ALL of the evidence has not been examined. It has not. Let the legal professionals get at this first.

View attachment 342916
Sounds delicious. A lot of concentrates have watermelon flavoring..Is there something about melons you don't like?
I LOVE it...have a great big one chilling in the fridge right now. It was just an observation...exacerbation of stereotype and all that.

Forum List

Back