Zone1 White Fragility 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Dr. Williams came up....He gave me a gift....

Pardon.jpg

Actually he is incorrect about that. You see there are whites with some very flawed views on things. Don't tell me that mess abouot Asians, because other Asians groups face discrimination and Indians benefit from a government program which accounts for most of the high Asian median wealth. Don't tell me that mess about Jews because most Jews are white. Every minority is waiting for a change in the majority, because the majority are the ones making the laws and policies that decide how things will be.

Walter Williams didn't make sense if you were anyone but a white male. And he was a black male.
His view represents a different view, one with some truth, from his point of view. I had to look the guy up. He was accomplished, similar to yourself, maybe more.
Your biggest thing really revolves around responsibility for the situation in the black community is directly related to the way the "Great Society" was implemented. It did withhold payments to low income mothers, whose baby daddy was not working but living in the same home. It did give payments on a per-child basis. Did this encourage them to kick them out of the home? Yes. Did it encourage more fatherless children? Yes. Since the same legislation applied to all poor, not just blacks, why did it not have the same effect of drastic increase in single mother (basically) fatherless homes with multiple fatherless children in other minority segments to the same degree? I do not know. I make no claim to understanding all the nuances of black culture. But, I do think the rapid decline of the two parent nuclear family to be the major cause of the increasing lack of self-control and tendency toward criminality in segments of inner city society.

Being somewhat an innocent, on the outside of politics at the time, due to my young age at the time, I do not know whether that was a hidden goal, or just another example of the unintended consequence of the method of help, intended.

Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back