How Did Life On Earth Happen?

How Did Life On Earth Happen

• Perfect Conditions/By Chance

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • God Created It (Several thousand years ago)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • God Created it (Billions of years ago)

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Another Life in Another Galaxy put us here

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Black Magic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
I'm not sure why people have to go into such detail about their theories on life.

Either it's simple and understandable, or it's not. For smart people, you have not learned to summarize well.

Other animals and species don't have that same ability
to communicate consciously to establish these laws in writing
and reach a consensus globally with all humanity over time and space.
That's on us.

But animals do have "laws" or rules of living, it's instinctual. They don't need to have them written down and agreed upon. They are just there.

We just get in our own way, trying to make of ourselves something we were not born to be.

Other animals and species don't have that same ability
to communicate consciously to establish these laws in writing
and reach a consensus globally with all humanity over time and space.
That's on us.

But animals do have "laws" or rules of living, it's instinctual. They don't need to have them written down and agreed upon. They are just there.

We just get in our own way, trying to make of ourselves something we were not born to be.
There's a pretty big difference between humans and animals. They are not schooled good like us.

"When it comes to the origin of life, we have only two possibilities as to how life arose. One is spontaneous generation arising to evolution; the other is a supernatural creative act of God. There is no third possibility...Spontaneous generation was scientifically disproved one hundred years ago by Louis Pasteur, Spellanzani, Reddy and others. That leads us scientifically to only one possible conclusion -- that life arose as a supernatural creative act of God...I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God. Therefore, I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."

George Wald, Nobel Laureate in Physiology / Medicine - Scientific American, August, 1954.

Pasteur did not disprove the spontaneous origin of life on earth four billion years ago. He showed fully formed microbes would not form in boiled milk.
ummm... you think that Wald, a Nobel Laureate, got that wrong?

Through the Microscope

Yeah, I think Wald got it wrong. The comment is silly. It is apples and oranges. Pasteur's experiment was short term, days to a week or so, using a broth. The origin of life on earth was an experiment that took place over tens of millions of years in a virtually unlimited variety of environments. And it was a very different world, without free oxygen. There is just no comparison.

Spontaneously here on earth, not from elsewhere, not created by some supreme being.
Not possible. The folding sequence doesn't lend itself to chance.

No, totally possible. What other process do you suggest?
I don't know how life made the leap from inorganic matter.

As far as I know, no one does.

I certainly don't agree with you that it is possible for it to assemble itself without instructions.

I think it is very possible. It didn't have to start out as complex as DNA is now. It could have been a simpler variant of RNA. We don't know. All I can say is, we are here, there is a long history of life on earth, and it got started. I prefer to believe it did not require a Supreme Being, that the laws of physics were sufficient.

Spontaneously here on earth, not from elsewhere, not created by some supreme being.

I certainly don't agree with you that it is possible for it to assemble itself without instructions.

I think it is very possible. It didn't have to start out as complex as DNA is now. It could have been a simpler variant of RNA. We don't know. All I can say is, we are here, there is a long history of life on earth, and it got started. I prefer to believe it did not require a Supreme Being, that the laws of physics were sufficient.
Ok, so how many instructions would that have taken?

How much information would be required for that?

Life began with the Release of "Freak Out"

FreakOut%21.jpg

What is our personal view? What is your personal view OP?

What process is life? Many governments are more powerful than life, especially the democratic ones. Then there are a few individuals that are more powerful than your life too. Without life, Satan would have a totally different meaning, if any.

Where does life on Earth fit in the general process of life, for the past 3 billion years?

Ok, so how many instructions would that have taken?

How much information would be required for that?

You got me. I have no idea. It happened.

Forum List

Back