How Does Taxing the Rich "Help" the Middle Class?

Not to cognizant of your surroundings either, are you?

So lets get this straight...The rich and middle class are linked and cannot be taxed differently because they are like Siamese twins. Great talking to you *pats on the head*
Wow you are fucking stupid......and dishonest...

I never said that...

But you go ahead and find a tax bill in which one class of people had taxes increased ONLY upon them and not the other classes of people...

When they say 'tax the rich' they never raise the top brackets and leave the rest alone....they raise them across the board.....Understand yet retard?

When they lower taxes, Like Bush did, they lower EVERY FUCKING BRACKET......

Understand yet? Need your helmet before you go outside friend?

The Bush Tax Cuts Disproportionately Benefitted the Wealthy

Snapshot_Bush-tax-cut.jpg

The legacy of the Bush tax cuts

imrs.php
Ignoring the lies.....why not address what I actually said?

That the tax cuts were cut across the board to all class groups....so the entire economy benefited from them....

This benefited the rich disporprtionately is pure opinion, therefore not valid

I don't recall much benefit to the economy. All it did was ruin the balanced budget clinton had.

So lets get this straight...The rich and middle class are linked and cannot be taxed differently because they are like Siamese twins. Great talking to you *pats on the head*

I never said that...

But you go ahead and find a tax bill in which one class of people had taxes increased ONLY upon them and not the other classes of people...

When they say 'tax the rich' they never raise the top brackets and leave the rest alone....they raise them across the board.....Understand yet retard?

imrs.php

That the tax cuts were cut across the board to all class groups....so the entire economy benefited from them....

I don't recall much benefit to the economy. All it did was ruin the balanced budget clinton had.
before Clinton was in office? brilliant

I never said that...

imrs.php

You have your bushes confused?

I never said that...

imrs.php

:rofl: :rofl:

I never said that...

imrs.php

NOT opinions, FACTS

How did the tax cuts work out for te economy again? How was the growth? Jobs? lol

The Bush Era Tax Cuts Didn't Create The Wealth They Were Supposed To

http://www.businessinsider.com/bush-era-tax-cuts-didnt-fix-economy-2012-12#ixzz3k26RgtOt

The Bush tax cuts were a test of these claims about supply-side economic policies. To justify the tax cuts the nation was, in effect, given a business prospectus from the Republican Party.

We were promised that cutting taxes on the wealthy would result in much higher economic growth and broadly shared prosperity. For those who wondered how we would pay for such a large cut to the government’s revenue stream, the Republican prospectus had a remarkable claim.

The tax cuts wouldn’t cost us anything. Growth would be so strong that the tax cuts would more than pay for themselves. Even those who admitted that the tax cuts might not be fully self-financing still made strong claims about faster economic growth offsetting much of the lost revenue from the tax cuts.

The reality, of course, has been quite different. There is little evidence that the Bush tax cuts, or any other tax cuts directed at the so-called job creators, have had a noticeable effect on economic growth. And the promise of broadly shared prosperity has not been realized.

Bush Era Tax Cuts Didn't Fix Economy - Business Insider

Krugman: Bush Tax Cuts Failed To Stimulate As Promised

6-7-11tax.jpg

I never said that...

imrs.php

lol, Sure, it was Ronnie's 18 year miracle" right? lol

MORE right wing mythology from ou tof context vids? lol

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

2004 Republican Convention:

Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all- time high.

(APPLAUSE)

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/20081203_analysis.pdf

Bush's documented policies and statements in timeframe leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals (2004)
Lowering Investment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule (2004)
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans (2004)
Lowering down payment requirements to 0% (2003)
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets (2004)
Giving away 40,000 free down payments ever year (2004-2007)
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING (2003)

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

FACTS on Dubya's great recession | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Barney Frank? Minority member of the GOP majority House (like today), WHAT SUPER POWERS DID BARNEY HAVE AGAIN??? LOL

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

(APPLAUSE)

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

June 17, 2004

Builders to fight Bush's low-income plan

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.

Home builders fight Bush's low-income housing - Jun. 17, 2004

Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime

Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis.

What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge?

Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye

In 2003, during the height of the predatory lending crisis, the OCC invoked a clause from the 1863 National Bank Act to issue formal opinions preempting all state predatory lending laws, thereby rendering them inoperative

Eliot Spitzer - Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime

I never said that...

imrs.php

So, let me see if I get this right.
obama has destroyed the country because he has been trying to fix what President Bush left him.
if true, since you are so stuck on President Regan, can we assume this chain of events.
President Bush 1 was perfect and the smartest man alive but was limited due to the mess President Regan left behind.
Before he was able to fix it, Clinton took office and for the next 8 years he was not able to fix what was left to him by President Bush 1 that was still left over from President Regan. When President Bush 2 took office, the first thing that hit him was the fact that Clinton had just covered over the mess still not fixed by President Regan, and that combined with the democrats voting to go to war, never allowed him to correct President Regans mess.
obama takes office and is now left with President Regans mess that President Bush 1, Clinton and president Bush 2 were not able to fix.
When obama leaves office the next President will be responsible for fixing President Regans mess?

Barney Frank? Minority member of the GOP majority House (like today), WHAT SUPER POWERS DID BARNEY HAVE AGAIN??? LOL

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.

What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge?

Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye

In 2003, during the height of the predatory lending crisis, the OCC invoked a clause from the 1863 National Bank Act to issue formal opinions preempting all state predatory lending laws, thereby rendering them inoperative

How do you actually exist as blind as you are?
just keep posting the same liberal BS and hope somebody as stupid as you are reads it and agrees.
you have no clue how that whole financial mess came about.
Hint, I never said President Bush had nothing to do with it, he did, his fault was in letting the democrats get their way.
of course had President Bush actually fixed the problem the left would have cried about him being racist and restricting blacks from buying homes.
really no win when dealing with the idiot left. Personally, I would have shut down all those bad loans on my first day in office.

imrs.php

obama has destroyed the country because he has been trying to fix what President Bush left him.
if true, since you are so stuck on President Regan, can we assume this chain of events.
President Bush 1 was perfect and the smartest man alive but was limited due to the mess President Regan left behind.
Before he was able to fix it, Clinton took office and for the next 8 years he was not able to fix what was left to him by President Bush 1 that was still left over from President Regan. When President Bush 2 took office, the first thing that hit him was the fact that Clinton had just covered over the mess still not fixed by President Regan, and that combined with the democrats voting to go to war, never allowed him to correct President Regans mess.
obama takes office and is now left with President Regans mess that President Bush 1, Clinton and president Bush 2 were not able to fix.
When obama leaves office the next President will be responsible for fixing President Regans mess?

You are a right winger, of course YOU don't understand how policy works. Shocking

10945612_542014622580414_5593107270003607786_n.jpg

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

just keep posting the same liberal BS and hope somebody as stupid as you are reads it and agrees.
Hint, I never said President Bush had nothing to do with it, he did, his fault was in letting the democrats get their way.
of course had President Bush actually fixed the problem the left would have cried about him being racist and restricting blacks from buying homes.
really no win when dealing with the idiot left. Personally, I would have shut down all those bad loans on my first day in office.

Oh right, Dubya/GOP could get 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts, 2 UNFUNDED wars, UNFUNDED Medicare expansion (NOT even being able to negotiate with drug Comps), BUT COULDN'T fight the Dems on housing? lol

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
June 17, 2002

Fact Sheet: President Bush Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Homeownership

Fact Sheet: President Bush Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Homeownership

BUT NO, IT WASN'T LOANING TO THE POOR/MINORITIES THAT CAUSED DUBYA'S SUBPRIME BUBBLE, IT WAS DUBYA'S REGULATOR FAILURE (LIKE RONNIE'S S&L AND HARDING/HOOVER'S GREAT DEPRESSION!)

You are a right winger, of course YOU don't understand how policy works. Shocking

It was policy to allow slaves
it was policy to restric women from voting
it was policy to restrict blacks from voting
it was policy to outlaw interacial marriage
it was policy to lock Japanese up in camps
it was policy to not provide health care.
evidently you think these things were ok, or you just really dont understand how change comes about.

so get off the damn its policy kick, policy does not make it right, never has. The point is that you dont deserve one penny more in life than you are able to work for and earn. period.

(APPLAUSE)

June 17, 2004

You tool

It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it. More than 84 percent of the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending. These private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year. Out of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006, only one was subject to the usual mortgage laws and regulations. The nonbank underwriters made more than 12 million subprime mortgages with a value of nearly $2 trillion. The lenders who made these were exempt from federal regulations.

Low interest rates fueled an apparent boom

Asset managers sought new ways to make money

The credit rating agencies gave their blessing

Fund managers didn’t do their homework

Derivatives were unregulated

The SEC loosened capital requirements: In 2004, the Securities and Exchange Commission changed the leverage rules for just five Wall Street banks. This exemption replaced the 1977 net capitalization rule’s 12-to-1 leverage limit. This allowed unlimited leverage for Goldman Sachs [GS], Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch (now part of Bank of America [BAC]), Lehman Brothers (now defunct) and Bear Stearns (now part of JPMorganChase–[JPM]). These banks ramped leverage to 20-, 30-, even 40-to-1. Extreme leverage left little room for error. By 2008, only two of the five banks had survived, and those two did so with the help of the bailout.

The federal government overrode anti-predatory state laws. In 2004

Compensation schemes encouraged gambling

• Wall Street became “creative”: The demand for higher-yielding paper led Wall Street to begin bundling mortgages. The highest yielding were subprime mortgages. This market was dominated by non-bank originators exempt from most regulations.

evidently you think these things were ok, or you just really dont understand how change comes about.

so get off the damn its policy kick, policy does not make it right, never has. The point is that you dont deserve one penny more in life than you are able to work for and earn. period.

Moron, grow a brain!

voodooGOP.jpg

Moron, grow a brain!
Unlike your obvious no brain self, I do have one, as a matter of fact, mine is so much more advanced than yours that Im able to do what you have failed at. Support myself without digging in other peoples pockets.
Stop worrying about what others have and start working on what you dont have.

Forum List

Back