How Does Taxing the Rich "Help" the Middle Class?

lol, Sure, it was Ronnie's 18 year miracle" right? lol
So, let me see if I get this right.
obama has destroyed the country because he has been trying to fix what President Bush left him.
if true, since you are so stuck on President Regan, can we assume this chain of events.
President Bush 1 was perfect and the smartest man alive but was limited due to the mess President Regan left behind.
Before he was able to fix it, Clinton took office and for the next 8 years he was not able to fix what was left to him by President Bush 1 that was still left over from President Regan. When President Bush 2 took office, the first thing that hit him was the fact that Clinton had just covered over the mess still not fixed by President Regan, and that combined with the democrats voting to go to war, never allowed him to correct President Regans mess.
obama takes office and is now left with President Regans mess that President Bush 1, Clinton and president Bush 2 were not able to fix.
When obama leaves office the next President will be responsible for fixing President Regans mess?

You are a right winger, of course YOU don't understand how policy works. Shocking

10945612_542014622580414_5593107270003607786_n.jpg

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’

FLASHBACK: In 1993, GOP Warned That Clinton’s Tax Plan Would ‘Kill Jobs,’ ‘Kill The Current Recovery’
It was policy to allow slaves
it was policy to restric women from voting
it was policy to restrict blacks from voting
it was policy to outlaw interacial marriage
it was policy to lock Japanese up in camps
it was policy to not provide health care.
evidently you think these things were ok, or you just really dont understand how change comes about.

so get off the damn its policy kick, policy does not make it right, never has. The point is that you dont deserve one penny more in life than you are able to work for and earn. period.

Moron, grow a brain!
Unlike your obvious no brain self, I do have one, as a matter of fact, mine is so much more advanced than yours that Im able to do what you have failed at. Support myself without digging in other peoples pockets.
Stop worrying about what others have and start working on what you dont have.

Since YOUR BS premise it was minorities that caused Dubyas's regulator failure was blown out of the water, you go on the usual right wing attack mode? lol

Sanders.jpg

The Myth of Bootstrapping

Politicians love to portray themselves as Horatio Alger characters, but they aren't talking about how social mobility is all but impossible for many these days

Today, however, according to the recent Pew Study on the American Dream, social mobility between the lowest levels of American society and the middle class is increasingly difficult, if not impossible. Specifically, the study found that while a large number of Americans (84 percent) have a higher family income than did their parents, those born at both the top and the bottom of the “income ladder” stay where they are from one generation to the next. What that means is that those who begin life wealthy pass that wealth, but those born at the bottom—in other words those who would typically be candidates for bootstrapping—are now more likely to stay there.

The Myth of Bootstrapping | TIME.com

Debunking the ‘Pull Yourself Up By Your Bootstraps’ Myth

The US is one of the richest nations in the world, but wealth is hard to come by here and victim-blaming myths about the poor are deeply embedded into our cultural consciousness.

These myths stop us from recognizing the institutions, political systems, and community behaviors that keep all of us down.

It’s time to stop blaming poor people for poverty. It’s time to stop pointing our fingers at individuals when we should we pointing them at lawmakers and community leaders.

Myth #1: We All Have Equal Opportunity

Myth #2: Poor People Just Aren’t Trying Hard Enough

Debunking the ‘Pull Yourself Up By Your Bootstraps’ Myth

such as?

I didn't set the numbers, moronic leftist like you did. The tax system is set the way you want it, not me. So suck it my bitch, and while your at it, pick me up sammich.

"I didn't set the numbers, so I'm ok with being lazy and living off the people who actually work hard".
I don't live off anyone.
I pay my bills, buy my own food.

You're just a pathetic loser that has no idea how to support your own policies. You just want some pathetic revenge b/c someone has more than you.

You are years past time to have grown up and learned that life is not fair.

Awww struck a cord I see. The moocher doesn't like to be called out for being a moocher. Listen, it's your heroes that say you are a cancer on our country. Why don't you start pitching in and working hard like the richest among us. What's the matter, life too hard for you slacker?
Internet tough guy.

that's what you are

you lack the manhood to stay on subject, so you attack me and my personal life.

what a sad pathetic worm you are. Do you feel better acting like this? Does it make you feel all manly? Will you go tell you FB "friends" how you gave hell to a poor man?

I work and take no handouts.

when life gets hard, I dig in and push harder. wimps like you run to mommy and daddy and cry that it's not fair

shame they failed to raise you into a man

I have no problems with the poor, I have problems with hypocrites. You happen to be both.

The fact that you can't see your own hypocrisy explains a lot. You support a party that blames the countries problems on the poor and comes up with 'solutions' that favor the rich. And you as a poor person support that. Oh I get it, it's those OTHER poor people that are the problem, not you. Right?

Simply amazing.
Your lying to support your idiocy

cons have no problem with the working poor only a problem with the poor that refuse to work.

But you knew that and lied about it and about me.

good luck with becoming a man someday, you're seriously going to need help

"I didn't set the numbers, so I'm ok with being lazy and living off the people who actually work hard".
I don't live off anyone.

You're just a pathetic loser that has no idea how to support your own policies. You just want some pathetic revenge b/c someone has more than you.

Awww struck a cord I see. The moocher doesn't like to be called out for being a moocher. Listen, it's your heroes that say you are a cancer on our country. Why don't you start pitching in and working hard like the richest among us. What's the matter, life too hard for you slacker?
Internet tough guy.

that's what you are

what a sad pathetic worm you are. Do you feel better acting like this? Does it make you feel all manly? Will you go tell you FB "friends" how you gave hell to a poor man?

when life gets hard, I dig in and push harder. wimps like you run to mommy and daddy and cry that it's not fair

I have no problems with the poor, I have problems with hypocrites. You happen to be both.

The fact that you can't see your own hypocrisy explains a lot. You support a party that blames the countries problems on the poor and comes up with 'solutions' that favor the rich. And you as a poor person support that. Oh I get it, it's those OTHER poor people that are the problem, not you. Right?

Simply amazing.

cons have no problem with the working poor only a problem with the poor that refuse to work.

MORE right wing garbage

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Right-wing-myths-debunked.jpg

· When the American economy was rockin' and rollin' back in the 60's and 70's we had a top tax rate on the wealthy of 91% and a 10% usery law that prevented charging more than 10% interest.

The peasants were also allowed to deduct 100% of the interest they paid on everything on their income taxes both state and federal.

Until Ronald Reagan created the largest tax increase on the middle class in history when he took the interest deduction away, except for your home mortgage -- and he WANTED to take that away too.

Having a high tax rate on the uber wealthy serves two purposes.

1) It raises more money to pay down the country's debt -- thanks to Bush's Follies.

2) It motivates the wealthy to use their remaining money to start more businesses and expand the one's they own in order to get more money.

If a man has 100 million dollars a year coming in from his factory, and the government lets him keep 92 million, he has little motivation to expand his plant or start another business.

If he had 100 million dollars a year coming in from his factory, and the government lets him keep 10 million, he has LOTS of motivation to expand his operations and start more.

He still owns his yacht and mansions and now needs more money to KEEP them just like his employees need to make money to pay their rent / house payment.

He's still a rich man, nobody took his factory away from him, but with a high tax rate he pays more to society for the better life he is receiving from society. And that helps society.

Proof of my statement is that when we HAD high tax rates on the wealthy ... they DID expand their businesses and start more. Times were booming.

But, since Reagan and the massive give aways to the wealthy under the pretense it would create more jobs ( which has been proven untrue ) we have cut the taxes on the wealthy and they just hide their money overseas and sit on their wealth.

The conservatives claim that giving welfare to the poor encourages them not to work.

Well, tax cuts for the rich are the same thing as welfare to the poor --- only it's welfare for the RICH.

And, if being given money discourages the poor from working, giving money to the rich discourages them from opening new businesses cause they don't NEED to.a year coming in from his factory, and the government lets him keep 92 million, he has little motivation to expand his plant or start another business.

This is what Liberals keep saying, but Just how does that work, when the Government keeps the money?

Last edited:
responsible spending is not giving financial aid to 12 million illegals, or initiating obamacare when the budget is in the shape it is.
what needs to be done is to start looking at social service cuts and getting rid of some of the non essential military bases around the world. Then reduce the burden on business so that they will come back to this country and create jobs.
Creating government jobs is not the answer. If the taxes taken from the people that work right now cant support the government spending, then moving millions more into government jobs can not be the right answer.

How about we cut our military budget in half.

The Military is irresponsible spending? We tried that under Clinton and got hit 6 years later on 9/11

We have the largest military in history and got beaten by a bunch of box cutters

A lot of military spending is intelligence so we can know the enemy. Clinton gutted that portion big time and that enabled box cutters to take us down. Bush and Cheney built it back up and Obama has left it alone.

Bush and Cheney did nothing to fight terrorism. They even refused to meet with their top terrorism expert. Bush did not want to be known for fighting terrorism, he wanted something big....like resurrecting Star Wars or invading Iraq

9-11 showed how ill-prepared Bush was and he used it to get his war with Iraq

You might have a position if not for Clinton NSA Director Sandy Berger stealing and destroying classified documents pertaining to 9-11. Also, why did Clinton Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick hide behind the 9-11 Commission panel and NOT answer questions about her memo sealing off law enforcement intelligence sharing?

There is no credible explanation to dispute or justify these facts other than the Clinton Administration had much to hide regarding their role. Otherwise, it would have been a "slam dunk " against Bush.

I don't live off anyone.

Internet tough guy.

that's what you are

Simply amazing.

MORE right wing garbage

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

what part of the elderly getting their SS is over your dumb fucking moronic head?
What part of Disabled is to much for your epic idiocy to grasp?

you are, w/o doubt the dumbest pile of dog shit here. Olny TM could give you a shred of competition and only shaman could link useless garbage better than you

The Military is irresponsible spending? We tried that under Clinton and got hit 6 years later on 9/11

We have the largest military in history and got beaten by a bunch of box cutters

A lot of military spending is intelligence so we can know the enemy. Clinton gutted that portion big time and that enabled box cutters to take us down. Bush and Cheney built it back up and Obama has left it alone.

Bush and Cheney did nothing to fight terrorism. They even refused to meet with their top terrorism expert. Bush did not want to be known for fighting terrorism, he wanted something big....like resurrecting Star Wars or invading Iraq

You might have a position if not for Clinton NSA Director Sandy Berger stealing and destroying classified documents pertaining to 9-11. Also, why did Clinton Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick hide behind the 9-11 Commission panel and NOT answer questions about her memo sealing off law enforcement intelligence sharing?

There is no credible explanation to dispute or justify these facts other than the Clinton Administration had much to hide regarding their role. Otherwise, it would have been a "slam dunk " against Bush.

Without false premises, distortions and LIES, what would the right wing EVER have?

Bush Received More Warnings About 9/11 Than We Realized

We already knew about the presidential brief from Aug. 6, 2001 that was titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” The White House has shown that this declassified document was primarily a history of Al Qaeda, not a warning of imminent attack.

But there were other briefings, some seen by Eichenwald, that did warn of an imminent attack.

On May 1 the CIA said that a terrorist group in the U.S. was planning an attack.

On June 22 it warned that this attack was "imminent."

On June 29 the brief warned of near-term attacks with "dramatic consequences" including major casualties.

On July 1, the briefing said that the terrorist attack had been delayed but "will occur soon."

On July 24, the president was told again that the attack had been delayed but would occur within months.

These and other similar warnings were ignored by the White House.

[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4SIEIES']http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9

BUSH/CHENEY HAD TO INTERVIEW TOGETHER, AND REFUSED TO BE UNDER OATH. Clinton? lol

[/URL]

OMG

You come back with wild conspiracy theories....now I'm cooked

Internet tough guy.

that's what you are

Simply amazing.

MORE right wing garbage

what part of the elderly getting their SS is over your dumb fucking moronic head?

you are, w/o doubt the dumbest pile of dog shit here. Olny TM could give you a shred of competition and only shaman could link useless garbage better than you

Yes, AFTER your useless talking points ARE DESTROYED WITH REAL DATA AND EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE, that there is a mass of useless moochers is debunked, go on a rampage of BS. Shocking Bubs

OMG

You dispute the fact that Sandy Berger stole and/or destroyed documents out of the National Archives in College Park, MD? Why did he feel compelled to do such a thing? If you or myself do the same thing, we will be in jail.

Without false premises, distortions and LIES, what would the right wing EVER have?

We already knew about the presidential brief from Aug. 6, 2001 that was titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” The White House has shown that this declassified document was primarily a history of Al Qaeda, not a warning of imminent attack.

But there were other briefings, some seen by Eichenwald, that did warn of an imminent attack.

On May 1 the CIA said that a terrorist group in the U.S. was planning an attack.

On June 29 the brief warned of near-term attacks with "dramatic consequences" including major casualties.

On July 1, the briefing said that the terrorist attack had been delayed but "will occur soon."

On July 24, the president was told again that the attack had been delayed but would occur within months.

[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4SIEIES']http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9
[/URL]
[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4SIEIES'][/URL]
[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4SIEIES'][/URL]
[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4SIEIES']BUSH/CHENEY HAD TO INTERVIEW TOGETHER, AND REFUSED TO BE UNDER OATH. Clinton? lol[/URL]
[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip'][URL='http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9#ixzz3k4Rz7tip']

You provided no basis to validate your claim that I lied. Boy, you really need to think critically and not cut and paste.
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

This is what Liberals keep saying, but Just how does that work, when the Government keeps the money?

Good point.

And how does taxing the middle class help anyone?

Or taxing anyone for that manner?

In fact, we shouldn't have any taxes at all.

Instead, there should be no taxes - because they don't help anyone, ever - adn we should all ride our unicorns to the magical money trees, and just pick money off whenever we need it.

And if you think anything else, you're engaging in class warfare and hate America.

I will make a bargain with the Republicans.
If they will stop telling lies about Democrats,
we will stop telling the truth about them.

Adlai Stevenson

`

"Clinton's advisors met nearly weekly on how to stop bin Laden ...
I didn't detect that kind of focus from the Bush adminsitration."

Two Star General Donald Kerrick

"I don't believe any longer that it's a matter of connecting the dots.
I think they had a veritable blueprint and we want to know why they didn't act on it." Senator Arlen Specter (R-pa)

"Of course Bush knew about the impending attacks on America . He did nothing to warn the American people, because he needed this war on terrorism. His daddy had Saddam and he needed Osama. His presidency was going nowhere. He wasn't elected by the American people, but placed in the Oval Office by the conservative Supreme Court; the economy was sliding into the usual Republican pits and he needed something to hang his presidency on. This guy is a joke. His silence was sleazy and contemptible." Lt.Colonel Steve Butler

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9
BUSH/CHENEY HAD TO INTERVIEW TOGETHER, AND REFUSED TO BE UNDER OATH. Clinton? lol

You provided no basis to validate your claim that I lied. Boy, you really need to think critically and not cut and paste.

Sure Bubs, sure, EXCEPT those guys were working for Dubya's admiF, AND DUBYA IGNORED DOZENS OF HIGH LEVEL WARNINGS RIGHT?

I will make a bargain with the Republicans.
If they will stop telling lies about Democrats,
we will stop telling the truth about them.
Adlai Stevenson

`

"Clinton's advisors met nearly weekly on how to stop bin Laden ...
I didn't detect that kind of focus from the Bush adminsitration."
Two Star General Donald Kerrick

Let's look at the results of those meetings: How many times did Clinton have the opportunity to take out bin Laden or trade intelligence to get him? He gutted his own intelligence budget at the request of his Leftist base so couple lack of leadership and much complacency, there was clearly a lot of talk and no action.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-report-shows-how-many-warnings-about-bin-laden-were-ignored-by-the-bush-white-house-2012-9

Sure Bubs, sure, EXCEPT those guys were working for Dubya's admiF, AND DUBYA IGNORED DOZENS OF HIGH LEVEL WARNINGS RIGHT?

Bush's predecessor gutted the Intelligence budget. What Bush inherited was instructured data at best. We got hit, Bush and Cheney built up a top infrastructure that Obama inherited and knew not to mess with it or cut its budget.

OMG

You dispute the fact that Sandy Berger stole and/or destroyed documents out of the National Archives in College Park, MD? Why did he feel compelled to do such a thing? If you or myself do the same thing, we will be in jail.

NO CREDIBLE claims it was EVER related to 9/11 Bubs

Sandy Berger smuggled classified documents out of the National Archives that detailed his boss's efforts to thwart terrorist threats to the millennium celebrations.

LATE 2003!!!!

Berger Thefts Still Weigh on Archives Agents

Bush's predecessor gutted the Intelligence budget. What Bush inherited was instructured data at best. We got hit, Bush and Cheney built up a top infrastructure that Obama inherited and knew not to mess with it or cut its budget.

lolN ,IF IT WASN'T FOR FALSE PREMISES, DISTORTIONS AND LIES WHAT WOULD RIGHT WINGERS EVER HAVE?

Dozens of high level warnings went to the Dubya Admin, ALL ignored, yet you blame Clinton? lol

Bill Clinton's Anti-Terrorism Measures

Bill Clinton's Anti-Terrorism Measures

Internet tough guy.

that's what you are

Simply amazing.

MORE right wing garbage

Yes, AFTER your useless talking points ARE DESTROYED WITH REAL DATA AND EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE, that there is a mass of useless moochers is debunked, go on a rampage of BS. Shocking Bubs
your fake evidence is so fake that only a moron would think it's true

oh wait...

Forum List

Back