How Donald Trump could shut down an open convention...

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
For the idiots that blame me for this article...FUCK YOU!

MSNBC ^

A contested Republican convention – the first in 40 years – may well be where the GOP race ends up; this is the first time since 1976 that genuine uncertainty has endured this deep into the presidential election process. But there’s one aspect that’s gone unnoticed and could silence the open convention chatter: Donald Trump may have an ace in the hole with Pennsylvania’s unbound delegates that could lift him past that magic delegate number of 1,237 by the end of the primary season.

Trump has had a tough few weeks, suffering a lopsided loss in Wisconsin and finding himself embarrassingly out-organized in Colorado. Still, he leads the Republican pack with 756 delegates, with Sen. Ted Cruz sitting in second with 545 and Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Marco Rubio (who by suspending his campaign retained many of his delegates) far back. And there’s more good news: The next six GOP contests will be staged on decidedly Trump-friendly turf. He’ll be the heavy favorite in all of them, starting in New York next week.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable for Trump’s share of the delegates in these contests to look something like this:

New York (4/19, 95 delegates): 85

Pennsylvania (4/26, 17 delegates*): 17

Maryland (4/26, 38 delegates): 32

Delaware (4/26, 16 delegates): 16

Connecticut (4/26, 28 delegates): 20

Rhode Island (4/26, 19 delegates): 10

The asterisk you see there represents Trump’s potential ace in the hole – more on that later. But for now, this would bring his delegate total to 936 heading into May. Things would get trickier then, with Indiana next up on May 3. There are arguments for why Cruz should win it and why Trump will.

CartoonTrumpDragPoliticallyCorrectGOP.png

• Banned
Under the scenario outlined above, Trump would finish the primary season 44 delegates short of the magic number. But that doesn’t count Pennsylvania’s 54 unbound delegates, and Trump – at least right now – is well-positioned to gobble up the lion’s share of them. That could be just enough to put him over the top and avoid a contested convention..........

Well the 900 pound gorilla in the room is the GOP Establishments willingness to 'pull all the stops' (cheat,lie, and steal) to defeat Trump and keep him from the nomination.

As we get into May, the media blitz and full court press by the GOPe could have Trump failing to win anywhere and then half of his delegates simply flipping to Cruz on the second ballot.

Trumps inability to see this coming really makes me lose faith in his competence to handle this political process, and that baffles me as to why.

I think if he farted during the opening speech, that would shut down most everything. Certainly the concession stands and the woodwind section of the orchestra.

• Banned
Well the 900 pound gorilla in the room is the GOP Establishments willingness to 'pull all the stops' (cheat,lie, and steal) to defeat Trump and keep him from the nomination.

As we get into May, the media blitz and full court press by the GOPe could have Trump failing to win anywhere and then half of his delegates simply flipping to Cruz on the second ballot.

Trumps inability to see this coming really makes me lose faith in his competence to handle this political process, and that baffles me as to why.

Jim, you have to take some of this DISINFORMATION as political propaganda...meanwhile....

• Donald Trump’s Delegate Manager Begins Employing Same Tactics He Used for Ronald Reagan in 1980
    Breitbart News ^ | 11 Apr 2016 | MATTHEW BOYLE
    While the tactics of chief Donald Trump rival Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97% to win delegates without voters come under intense scrutiny, a quiet, thus-far-little-focused-on development has occurred that could provide a ray of hope for the Trump team fighting political insiders on their home turf. Paul Manafort, Trump’s new Republican National Convention manager, just delivered not only a big win in Michigan’s delegate game: He undercut Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) by throwing a separate victory to Ohio Gov. John Kasich. CNN reported on Saturday evening: Ted Cruz suffered a rare convention loss Saturday after delegates backing John Kasich and Donald...

It will be contested and needs to be contested. At some point you have to just recognize the horse is dying and that's that. Put it out of it's misery, otherwise it happens 4 years from now.

The social conservatives, i.e. the Tea Party, have already mentally broken from the Republican party. They fully understand now, and with added fuel from the Colorado fiasco, that the Republican establishment isn't interested in any 'changes' the social issue conservatives want. It's all just been red meat for all these years to get them to vote against their own best interests.

The game is over. Shoot the horse in the head and let everyone go find the ranch that suits them best.

Forum List

Back