🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night's post-protest violence

I screwed up and pulled Monday's timeline, in error. Everything but it that I have posted was about Saturday as I wasn't watching on Monday afternoon, due to other obligations.
Now, here is the correct one-
4pm
At the back of the march is a caravan of at least 20 cars blocking the traffic on the periphery of Camden Yards, where the Baltimore Orioles are hosting the Boston Red Sox.

By 6:30
The demonstrators are interspersed with people trying to make their way toward the gate for the game, and fans are winding their way through the protesters.

Police officers outside the stadiums were wearing riot helmets.

Scores of rowdy Freddie Gray protesters are crowded outside of Camden Yards, where the Baltimore Orioles are expected to play the Boston Red Sox at 7:05 p.m.

One protester threw something at a police car parked at Camden Yards, and kicked the windshield, cracking it, while other protesters were throwing cans and plastic bottles in the direction of police officers.

At least one protester jumped on a police car.

From inside the stadium, people watched the protesters gather.

7 p.m.

Smaller groups of Freddie Gray protesters have split off from the main demonstration, throwing cans, bottles and trash cans at police, storefronts and restaurants.

At least two people have been injured.

A group of roughly 100 protesters broke out a window of a department store with a chair they got at a restaurant across the street at The Gallery, a downtown shopping mall. No police officers responded.

A few minutes earlier, the same group broke the windows of bars restaurants, including a Subway sandwich shop near Camden Yards, tossing chairs and tables through the glass. A woman inside one of the restaurants jumped in front of the protesters and begged them to stop throwing things.

At least two bystanders - a man and woman - were bleeding from the head. Some people were struck by beer cans, bottles and trash cans. That group also engaged with a group of fans at a bar near the baseball stadium and fights broke out.
So it was at 7 they engaged bar patrons, after having already damaged a police vehicle in the same area by 6:30 and engaged in throwing items at police. All before their encounter with the bar patrons.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
By the way, the looting of the mall started before 3:30. By 4:15 several officers had been injured, by 4:45, fires were reported and more officers injured. And the game did not start until 7:05.

See? Do you know we are talking about an incident that happened on SATURDAY at the bar. The riots didnt happen until MONDAY!!

See? You're just talking about something not knowing wtf you're talking ABOUT

There are still too many white people in Baltimore. All the problems will disappear once the remaining whites leave. Then Baltimore will be a bigger Ferguson.

Once again, we arent talking about Monday. The OP is about SATURDAY!!!

And you were wrong.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
By the way, the looting of the mall started before 3:30. By 4:15 several officers had been injured, by 4:45, fires were reported and more officers injured. And the game did not start until 7:05.

See? Do you know we are talking about an incident that happened on SATURDAY at the bar. The riots didnt happen until MONDAY!!

See? You're just talking about something not knowing wtf you're talking ABOUT
Does anyone know if it is true that most of the rioters were school children (teens)?

14, 15 and 16 year olds according to the police.

thats IF you believe the police because you know, there are black police too so they could be lying :rolleyes:
From what I have read pillars a lot of police prevented schoolkids from boarding their buses to go home after school. The riot at the mall seems to coincide with after school activity.

I think I posted an article somewhere from Mother Jones that substantiated this...on Yidnar's thread in the flame zone, I think.

What you see doesn't matter, I can see bottles flying to and from the bar...that sells bottles.

Or you think there's a glass blower in the crowd making bottles.

Forum List

Back