🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night's post-protest violence

Most places I know of must score the empty liquor bottles and store them for abc and remove the pourer. So far as who got empy beer bottles, who knows? We have no pictures to show either throwing bottles.

Liquor and beer are the same? Because they were throwing beer bottles and one side was at an establishment that sells said bottles.

I know, tis a mystery :rolleyes:

And you still miss the point all the way around. I don't even know why I bother with you. You will turn every story to another angle any chance you get. I at least stated that instigators from either side need to be held responsible. I've yet to ever see you do that.

Because I know what happened and I'm not racking my brain over simple shit like "Who most likely had beer bottles? A. Protesters or B. Drunk people at a bar"

Maybe once you figure out that I think your skills will increase substantially

Hmmm. Then why dont the Orioles have violence at all 70 home games? The magic ingredient for violence is almost always...thugs.

I already told you...white people get mad when blacks assert their claim to having "rights" and demand "justice"

I told you that in the OP.

Did you see it?

No. We get mad when they block streets and come into peaceful areas trying to agitate shit. Over a percieved injustice...that somehow law abiding black folks managed to avoid.

I'm blocking a street right now?

Try again Foolio

Most places I know of must score the empty liquor bottles and store them for abc and remove the pourer. So far as who got empy beer bottles, who knows? We have no pictures to show either throwing bottles.

Liquor and beer are the same? Because they were throwing beer bottles and one side was at an establishment that sells said bottles.

And you still miss the point all the way around. I don't even know why I bother with you. You will turn every story to another angle any chance you get. I at least stated that instigators from either side need to be held responsible. I've yet to ever see you do that.

Because I know what happened and I'm not racking my brain over simple shit like "Who most likely had beer bottles? A. Protesters or B. Drunk people at a bar"

Hmmm. Then why dont the Orioles have violence at all 70 home games? The magic ingredient for violence is almost always...thugs.
Why doesn't Baltimore have riots 365 days a year?

They're close to it. Baltimore blacks murder each other over 200X a year. Those areas are basically an ongoing riot. The Orioles games and harbor? Not so much.

How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x327

City Paper

4:22 a.m. EDT, April 28, 2015

On Saturday night, following the violence that broke out near Camden Yards, a photo of me supposedly protecting a woman from violent protesters surfaced on BuzzFeed and then trickled down to the conservative armpit of the internet where it was mischaracterized. In the photo, I look strangely heroic, and the picture was quickly co-opted by those who like to present an all-too-common and easy narrative: white people being terrorized by black people.

The truth, or as much as I have been able to cobble together from my own memory and notes, videos online, video I shot, and videos from City Paper’s Managing Editor Baynard Woods, is far less interesting, though much more important than “white dude saves white lady.”

I’m not exactly sure how the violence broke out around 6 p.m. in front of Pickles Pub on Washington Boulevard and traveled up the street to The Bullpen, Sliders Bar & Grill, and Frank & Nic’s West End Grille then down Howard Street. I know a small group of protesters and a small group of baseball fans started whipping bottles at one another and brawling. When the protesters turned the corner onto Washington Boulevard from Camden Street chanting “black lives matter,” some baseball fans applauded and a few angrily chanted back, “We don’t care”—someone who worked at The Bullpen confirmed this for me. He also said that some patrons chanted “run them over,” and one yelled “go get them.” Other protestors, including City Paper contributor D. Watkins and gang members interviewed on WBAL, recall bar patrons calling them “*******,” among other racist epithets.

I don’t know who threw something first, but I heard a shift to jeers and boos from the people drinking and ran right over to it and saw beers being tossed from behind a gate that keeps Pickles drinkers from standing in the road and bottles being whipped back at the drinkers. Some people at Pickles stood up and moved toward the protesters though they were protected by the gate. Then, protesters pulled away the gate protecting Pickles customers from the street. Men from Pickles and elsewhere charged toward the protesters and the protesters charged the Pickles customers. It was at this point that I stopped being a journalist and became someone who was trying to help out.

A young woman from the bar threw a stool at me and others, and then affected a “come at me bro” stance. At the same time, many protesters were trying to tell the ones who were fighting and throwing things to stop causing trouble and keep moving. Some protesters began to grab bags of peanuts from a small stand and throw them at the people at the bar. The woman who threw the stool got hit in the face with a bag of peanuts and she went down. I helped her back up.

I retreated and noticed another woman from the bar, who earlier had thrown a chair, was now following the group as it moved up Washington Boulevard, pleading with them to stop. I ran up to her and told her to get back. She pushed me away, which is both a reasonable response to someone screaming at you and also a completely bizarre response to someone who is telling you to go inside, you’re going to get hurt.

At some point around here, a fight started in front of Sliders. Protesters and bar customers were fighting. The videos show people on both sides who wanted to fight and were excited to fight and embraced the opportunity.

The pleading woman followed the protesters up to the bar Frank & Nic’s. She was reaching out at people and yelling. I stopped her from walking toward a protester who was throwing a chair at a window, and that’s when the picture was taken. City Paper contributors Caitlin Goldblatt and Gianna DeCarlo were also talking to the woman at this point and a protester with a big bag and a bottle of vodka that he clearly stole from one of the bars (it has a pourer on it) approached her. That’s where we got the image of a protester, who was most certainly looting, who looks like he’s stealing a purse, but I was there and I’m really not sure if that’s what is happening.

In part, it also seems like it was a failure of security, who didn’t stop customers from jeering at the protesters. I was also told by employees at the bars that they had a discussion beforehand about how bad it would be if O’s fans who “every game, drink way too much” encountered protesters. The protesters who got violent weren’t from “out of town,” by the way. Some of their faces were recognizable to me as people who had been with the protests. Here were drunk, angry, white baseball fans and bar-goers who were equally guilty for the violence that happened that night and embraced the chance to fight and provoked some of it, and any accurate narrative must acknowledge that and barely anyone has acknowledged that. If you’d like to call Baltimore County whites and Boston Red Sox fans “outside agitators,” then you’ve got your outside agitators.

- See more at: How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x388

There is also Video thats about 15 seconds long that shows the incident with the guys coming through the gates confronting people. Why? Because talking about anything black makes them angry

Like this thread will

It all be whitey faute...

ROFL

Could you be more of a pathetic fucktard?

LOOK at the anger...Told you in the OP LOL

Keep fucken with white people and you're gonna get screwed.
You are a member of the 12%.......

I already told you...white people get mad when blacks assert their claim to having "rights" and demand "justice"

I told you that in the OP.

Did you see it?

No. We get mad when they block streets and come into peaceful areas trying to agitate shit. Over a percieved injustice...that somehow law abiding black folks managed to avoid.

I'm blocking a street right now?

Try again Foolio

Black protesters are.

LOOK at the anger...Told you in the OP LOL

Yep, a picture from 2009 with a complete fabrication by a racist hate site..

I see anger coupled with stupidity, sploogy.

In essence, you're fucking pathetic.

Look back and you'll see that I called for prosecution of the officers involved - that's how civilized people do it.

When you riot, you lose the upper hand.

They're close to it. Baltimore blacks murder each other over 200X a year. Those areas are basically an ongoing riot. The Orioles games and harbor? Not so much.

The lies keep coming....Look at them all lying.

And they're all mad at me because...I'm blocking the street or something

His "logic" cant be explained even by him

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
By the way, the looting of the mall started before 3:30. By 4:15 several officers had been injured, by 4:45, fires were reported and more officers injured. And the game did not start until 7:05.
And once again, here you go, not once willing to acknowledge any wrongs by any protesters. And you have yet to acknowledge I have stated anyone from either group, be it bar patrons or protesters, that instigated anything should be held responsible. Something I have yet to see you do.

Why would I do anything that you arent willing to do? FOH

By the way, the looting of the mall started before 3:30. By 4:15 several officers had been injured, by 4:45, fires were reported and more officers injured. And the game did not start until 7:05.

See? Do you know we are talking about an incident that happened on SATURDAY at the bar. The riots didnt happen until MONDAY!!

See? You're just talking about something not knowing wtf you're talking ABOUT

See? Do you know we are talking about an incident that happened on SATURDAY at the bar. The riots didnt happen until MONDAY!!

What about those peaceful innocent black youths...throwing big itemd through windows of businesses on Saturday at the Orioles game and throwing shit at the woman in a wheelchair???? Just a peaceful rally right?

Does anyone know if it is true that most of the rioters were school children (teens)?

Does anyone know if it is true that most of the rioters were school children (teens)?

14, 15 and 16 year olds according to the police.

thats IF you believe the police because you know, there are black police too so they could be lying :rolleyes:

thats IF you believe the police because you know, there are black police too so they could be lying :rolleyes:
From what I have read pillars a lot of police prevented schoolkids from boarding their buses to go home after school. The riot at the mall seems to coincide with after school activity.

From what I have read pillars a lot of police prevented schoolkids from boarding their buses to go home after school. The riot at the mall seems to coincide with after school activity.

The subways were closed and there are about 4 schools around that area. As soon as school let out and the subway gates were closed the kids were down there....Idle hands

The subways were closed and there are about 4 schools around that area. As soon as school let out and the subway gates were closed the kids were down there....Idle hands
So the cops overreacted and facilitated the riot. Priceless.

I told the board this the other day and also said I dont play chess but I know how the game goes...and that was perfect if planned.

The kids were trapped down there - The police were protecting the mall then (for no reason) left and the mall got looted for about 3-4 hours STRAIGHT while the police protected the white mall down the road that also had NO PROBLEMS NEAR IT.

Then after the mall was good and pillaged they went back at night time.

Like I said, I dont play chess but....

I told the board this the other day and also said I dont play chess but I know how the game goes...and that was perfect if planned.

The kids were trapped down there - The police were protecting the mall then (for no reason) left and the mall got looted for about 3-4 hours STRAIGHT while the police protected the white mall down the road that also had NO PROBLEMS NEAR IT.

Then after the mall was good and pillaged they went back at night time.

Like I said, I dont play chess but....
That is really interesting.

Forum List

Back