🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night's post-protest violence

Point is that the protesters were minding their business then bottles and screams of the N word and "fuck you" and bottle throwing occurred for what?

Because whenever black people talk about black things white people get super angry
If it's true the protesters shut a road down for hours. They weren't minding their own business.

Its not...now what excuse you got? They looked thirsty and the bottles thrown were for hydration?
So the protesters didn't block a road?

Not for hours...now will you change it from hours to minutes as a reason to physically attack someone and go racist?
If they affected other people's lives, then they are not minding their business.

They didnt...got any more excuses why throwing bottles and yelling racist shit is ok with you?

If it's true the protesters shut a road down for hours. They weren't minding their own business.

Its not...now what excuse you got? They looked thirsty and the bottles thrown were for hydration?

Not for hours...now will you change it from hours to minutes as a reason to physically attack someone and go racist?
If they affected other people's lives, then they are not minding their business.

They didnt...got any more excuses why throwing bottles and yelling racist shit is ok with you?

You dont know who started the shit.

I know people enjoying themselves go out of their way to start something with peaceful protesters. Only in liberal looney land.

Yes we do, it's in the story you've been making excuses for

I know people enjoying themselves go out of their way to start something with peaceful protesters. Only in liberal looney land.

No, of course not...those beer bottles that were thrown came from the protesters...not the bar. Right?

Yes we do, it's in the story you've been making excuses for

Some liberals assholes blog?:lmao:

No, of course not...those beer bottles that were thrown came from the protesters...not the bar. Right?

So there were no beer bottles in those trash cans the "protesters" were throwing?

Bull. I was watching it on wbal. Unless you call the reporters liars, and my watching the stream. They stated it had been stopped for 2 hours.

Anyone, whether fans or protesters that instigated it, should be held responsible.
Now, from the article, even he admits he doesn't know who started it. And he quotes gang members stating patrons used derogatory terms. Sorry, I don't have much faith in their words. Even your author admits that protesters were seen with liquor bottles stolen from the bars. According to the ap and reuters, who were there, they even title their photos with protesters confronting patrons.

FOgbX08acL.jpg

K2vRtRZFks.jpg
Patrick Semansky/AP Protestors gather outside of Oriole Park at Camden Yards before a baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and the Baltimore Orioles after a rally for Freddie Gray.

Patrick Semansky/AP Protestors confront a patron outside of a bar across the street from Oriole Park at Camden Yards after a rally for Freddie Gray.

tF0hxxMRA4.jpg

[SAIT SERKAN GURBUZ/REUTERS Demonstrators confront a row of riot police and officers on horseback near Camden Yards during a protest against the death in police custody of Freddie Gray in Baltimore.
DfSUrPUzZ6.jpg

Patrick Semansky/AP A protestor throws a chair at a restaurant near Oriole Park at Camden Yards as a woman tries to stop him after a rally for Freddie Gray. Previous Next

Camden Yards baseball stadium put on lockdown as protesters take over Baltimore streets for Freddie Gray rally New York News

The article states that 1 protester had a bottle FROM THE BAR. so which do you believe..protesters found bottles in a trash can somewhere and threw them or the people at the bar, that sells bottles of beer, threw the beer?

How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x327

City Paper

4:22 a.m. EDT, April 28, 2015

On Saturday night, following the violence that broke out near Camden Yards, a photo of me supposedly protecting a woman from violent protesters surfaced on BuzzFeed and then trickled down to the conservative armpit of the internet where it was mischaracterized. In the photo, I look strangely heroic, and the picture was quickly co-opted by those who like to present an all-too-common and easy narrative: white people being terrorized by black people.

The truth, or as much as I have been able to cobble together from my own memory and notes, videos online, video I shot, and videos from City Paper’s Managing Editor Baynard Woods, is far less interesting, though much more important than “white dude saves white lady.”

I’m not exactly sure how the violence broke out around 6 p.m. in front of Pickles Pub on Washington Boulevard and traveled up the street to The Bullpen, Sliders Bar & Grill, and Frank & Nic’s West End Grille then down Howard Street. I know a small group of protesters and a small group of baseball fans started whipping bottles at one another and brawling. When the protesters turned the corner onto Washington Boulevard from Camden Street chanting “black lives matter,” some baseball fans applauded and a few angrily chanted back, “We don’t care”—someone who worked at The Bullpen confirmed this for me. He also said that some patrons chanted “run them over,” and one yelled “go get them.” Other protestors, including City Paper contributor D. Watkins and gang members interviewed on WBAL, recall bar patrons calling them “*******,” among other racist epithets.

I don’t know who threw something first, but I heard a shift to jeers and boos from the people drinking and ran right over to it and saw beers being tossed from behind a gate that keeps Pickles drinkers from standing in the road and bottles being whipped back at the drinkers. Some people at Pickles stood up and moved toward the protesters though they were protected by the gate. Then, protesters pulled away the gate protecting Pickles customers from the street. Men from Pickles and elsewhere charged toward the protesters and the protesters charged the Pickles customers. It was at this point that I stopped being a journalist and became someone who was trying to help out.

A young woman from the bar threw a stool at me and others, and then affected a “come at me bro” stance. At the same time, many protesters were trying to tell the ones who were fighting and throwing things to stop causing trouble and keep moving. Some protesters began to grab bags of peanuts from a small stand and throw them at the people at the bar. The woman who threw the stool got hit in the face with a bag of peanuts and she went down. I helped her back up.

I retreated and noticed another woman from the bar, who earlier had thrown a chair, was now following the group as it moved up Washington Boulevard, pleading with them to stop. I ran up to her and told her to get back. She pushed me away, which is both a reasonable response to someone screaming at you and also a completely bizarre response to someone who is telling you to go inside, you’re going to get hurt.

At some point around here, a fight started in front of Sliders. Protesters and bar customers were fighting. The videos show people on both sides who wanted to fight and were excited to fight and embraced the opportunity.

The pleading woman followed the protesters up to the bar Frank & Nic’s. She was reaching out at people and yelling. I stopped her from walking toward a protester who was throwing a chair at a window, and that’s when the picture was taken. City Paper contributors Caitlin Goldblatt and Gianna DeCarlo were also talking to the woman at this point and a protester with a big bag and a bottle of vodka that he clearly stole from one of the bars (it has a pourer on it) approached her. That’s where we got the image of a protester, who was most certainly looting, who looks like he’s stealing a purse, but I was there and I’m really not sure if that’s what is happening.

In part, it also seems like it was a failure of security, who didn’t stop customers from jeering at the protesters. I was also told by employees at the bars that they had a discussion beforehand about how bad it would be if O’s fans who “every game, drink way too much” encountered protesters. The protesters who got violent weren’t from “out of town,” by the way. Some of their faces were recognizable to me as people who had been with the protests. Here were drunk, angry, white baseball fans and bar-goers who were equally guilty for the violence that happened that night and embraced the chance to fight and provoked some of it, and any accurate narrative must acknowledge that and barely anyone has acknowledged that. If you’d like to call Baltimore County whites and Boston Red Sox fans “outside agitators,” then you’ve got your outside agitators.

- See more at: How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x388

There is also Video thats about 15 seconds long that shows the incident with the guys coming through the gates confronting people. Why? Because talking about anything black makes them angry

Like this thread will
How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x327

City Paper

On Saturday night, following the violence that broke out near Camden Yards, a photo of me supposedly protecting a woman from violent protesters surfaced on BuzzFeed and then trickled down to the conservative armpit of the internet where it was mischaracterized. In the photo, I look strangely heroic, and the picture was quickly co-opted by those who like to present an all-too-common and easy narrative: white people being terrorized by black people.

The truth, or as much as I have been able to cobble together from my own memory and notes, videos online, video I shot, and videos from City Paper’s Managing Editor Baynard Woods, is far less interesting, though much more important than “white dude saves white lady.”

I’m not exactly sure how the violence broke out around 6 p.m. in front of Pickles Pub on Washington Boulevard and traveled up the street to The Bullpen, Sliders Bar & Grill, and Frank & Nic’s West End Grille then down Howard Street. I know a small group of protesters and a small group of baseball fans started whipping bottles at one another and brawling. When the protesters turned the corner onto Washington Boulevard from Camden Street chanting “black lives matter,” some baseball fans applauded and a few angrily chanted back, “We don’t care”—someone who worked at The Bullpen confirmed this for me. He also said that some patrons chanted “run them over,” and one yelled “go get them.” Other protestors, including City Paper contributor D. Watkins and gang members interviewed on WBAL, recall bar patrons calling them “*******,” among other racist epithets.

I don’t know who threw something first, but I heard a shift to jeers and boos from the people drinking and ran right over to it and saw beers being tossed from behind a gate that keeps Pickles drinkers from standing in the road and bottles being whipped back at the drinkers. Some people at Pickles stood up and moved toward the protesters though they were protected by the gate. Then, protesters pulled away the gate protecting Pickles customers from the street. Men from Pickles and elsewhere charged toward the protesters and the protesters charged the Pickles customers. It was at this point that I stopped being a journalist and became someone who was trying to help out.

A young woman from the bar threw a stool at me and others, and then affected a “come at me bro” stance. At the same time, many protesters were trying to tell the ones who were fighting and throwing things to stop causing trouble and keep moving. Some protesters began to grab bags of peanuts from a small stand and throw them at the people at the bar. The woman who threw the stool got hit in the face with a bag of peanuts and she went down. I helped her back up.

I retreated and noticed another woman from the bar, who earlier had thrown a chair, was now following the group as it moved up Washington Boulevard, pleading with them to stop. I ran up to her and told her to get back. She pushed me away, which is both a reasonable response to someone screaming at you and also a completely bizarre response to someone who is telling you to go inside, you’re going to get hurt.

At some point around here, a fight started in front of Sliders. Protesters and bar customers were fighting. The videos show people on both sides who wanted to fight and were excited to fight and embraced the opportunity.

The pleading woman followed the protesters up to the bar Frank & Nic’s. She was reaching out at people and yelling. I stopped her from walking toward a protester who was throwing a chair at a window, and that’s when the picture was taken. City Paper contributors Caitlin Goldblatt and Gianna DeCarlo were also talking to the woman at this point and a protester with a big bag and a bottle of vodka that he clearly stole from one of the bars (it has a pourer on it) approached her. That’s where we got the image of a protester, who was most certainly looting, who looks like he’s stealing a purse, but I was there and I’m really not sure if that’s what is happening.

In part, it also seems like it was a failure of security, who didn’t stop customers from jeering at the protesters. I was also told by employees at the bars that they had a discussion beforehand about how bad it would be if O’s fans who “every game, drink way too much” encountered protesters. The protesters who got violent weren’t from “out of town,” by the way. Some of their faces were recognizable to me as people who had been with the protests. Here were drunk, angry, white baseball fans and bar-goers who were equally guilty for the violence that happened that night and embraced the chance to fight and provoked some of it, and any accurate narrative must acknowledge that and barely anyone has acknowledged that. If you’d like to call Baltimore County whites and Boston Red Sox fans “outside agitators,” then you’ve got your outside agitators.

- See more at: How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night s post-protest violence - citypaper.com

580x388

There is also Video thats about 15 seconds long that shows the incident with the guys coming through the gates confronting people. Why? Because talking about anything black makes them angry

Like this thread will

Notice he didn't post the video. Here's why

The left is desperately trying to find white monsters to blame for black violence. This is clear.

580x327

City Paper

580x388

Like this thread will

580x327

City Paper

580x388

Like this thread will

Thank you...I was looking for that. So tell me what are the white dudes yelling about and saying get back behind the fence for? Because they were chilling...behind the fence? LMAO

You know, whenever I'm confronted with a drunk, obnoxious sports fan, I get this uncontrollable urge to loot a CVS then light it on fire.

Damn sports fans. They make me do it!

o-BALTIMORE-PROTESTS-570.jpg

Ok...so who caused the problem...the thugs or the Orioles baeeball fans?

Because the Orioles play about 75 home games a year. And I dont see 75 Baltimore riots per year.

You know, whenever I'm confronted with a drunk, obnoxious sports fan, I get this uncontrollable urge to loot a CVS then light it on fire.

Damn sports fans. They make me do it!

o-BALTIMORE-PROTESTS-570.jpg

Thats right! They were attacked by drunks on SATURDAY....then spent the night next to the CVS to attack 2 days later on MONDAY

Thanks Columbo

I noticed that boy that got the beat down from his mom, was covering his face. When did protesters start dressing like terrorist?

When they arent protesters.

This is like asking why that dog is meowing. Ugh because dumbass thats not a dog stupid

So when a protester turns bad...hes no longer a protester? Haha such bullshit.

Ok. Fine. Then when a cop turns bad...hes no longer acting as a cop..so stop protesting cops haha.

Moron.

Because the Orioles play about 75 home games a year. And I dont see 75 Baltimore riots per year.

Good logic ya got there! Stunning really. They were rioting over the Orioles game!!!!

580x327

City Paper

580x388

Like this thread will

580x327

City Paper

580x388

Like this thread will

Thank you...I was looking for that. So tell me what are the white dudes yelling about and saying get back behind the fence for? Because they were chilling...behind the fence? LMAO

Initially a thug dumped a garbage can on them. They went outside the fence to defend those on the inside of it. They would be crazy to lunge themselves into a crowd of black thugs. They instigated nothing. They reacted to everything. Don't blame whitey for black deviance.

I noticed that boy that got the beat down from his mom, was covering his face. When did protesters start dressing like terrorist?

When they arent protesters.

This is like asking why that dog is meowing. Ugh because dumbass thats not a dog stupid

So when a protester turns bad...hes no longer a protester? Haha such bullshit.

Ok. Fine. Then when a cop turns bad...hes no longer acting as a cop..so stop protesting cops haha.

Moron.

No, I'm saying that when a law abiding person no longer abides by the law they are still law abiding....LOL because actions dont mean anything and thats why I call butterflies caterpillars because you're a dumbass

Good logic ya got there! Stunning really. They were rioting over the Orioles game!!!!

Ah. Got it. So the problem wasnt the baseball fans. It was the thugs.

Your thread has been derailed.

580x327

City Paper

580x388

Like this thread will

The riots had already started and worked their way to the stadium, but it looks like the baseball nuts didn't help.

Forum List

Back