How far is the US from Fascism ?

This show is being shown again on the BBC..

One of the points made tonight was the nature of Hiitlers supporters,. They were all cowards who were aftaid to speak truth to the monster

In fact some knew he was full of shit but were sucking up to him in order to further their carrers.

History repeats itself.

Trumps acolytes could be divided into true believers and people who have attached to him as a career boost.

So True believers
Bannon
MTG
Charlie Kirk
Lake
Comer

Careerists
Stefanik
Noem
Scott
Johnson
Jordan
Gaetz

Who have I missed out ?
My pillow guy.

www.startribune.com › judge-evicting-mike-lindellsJudge evicting Mike Lindell's MyPillow from Minnesota warehouse

2 days ago · The eviction is the latest in a string of financial woes for the company and its controversial CEO, Mike Lindell, who has said he's been drained personally and professionally since

I guess he is "moving on up".

Deporting 800K Criminal Illegals In his first year on office with another 1.5 million Self deporting in same time frame

most of the "illegals" that rrump deported were trying to unionize chicken plucking in mississippi.
were their employers fined?

it is not illegal to apply for amnesty. the process of clearing amnesty is inefficient and lengthy as a matter of law.

if only trump can be credited with changing the law (by dictatorial decree on day 1?) than THIS IS NOT A CRISIS that requires my attention, or support for the process i just described.

whether these people are eligible for amnesty or not. they must be treated with humanity and respect for their human rights. to not do so reflects poorly on the religion and morals of those so inclined.

amnesty may become may become more relevant to americans as civil war ii heats up in november. it might be nice to have the 'ol lady someplace safer.
My pillow guy.

www.startribune.com › judge-evicting-mike-lindellsJudge evicting Mike Lindell's MyPillow from Minnesota warehouse

2 days ago · The eviction is the latest in a string of financial woes for the company and its controversial CEO, Mike Lindell, who has said he's been drained personally and professionally since

I guess he is "moving on up".
whatr a pitiful human. how did lin dell get involved in this? some cokehead delusion of grasndeur i suppose, please tell be this guy wasn't another "apprentice".

I watched the bunker episode last night. Its the one where it all starts falling apart and the rats start leaving the sinking ship.

One point of difference I noted was that Eva actually loved Hitler and she enjoyed being Mrs H. Incredible.

Do you think that Melanis feels the same about Donny ? I cant see her taking a nasty pill to be with him. I suspect that she would miss his funeral unless her pre nup specifiess her attendance.

I watched the bunker episode last night. Its the one where it all starts falling apart and the rats start leaving the sinking ship.

One point of difference I noted was that Eva actually loved Hitler and she enjoyed being Mrs H. Incredible.

Do you think that Melanis feels the same about Donny ? I cant see her taking a nasty pill to be with him. I suspect that she would miss his funeral unless her pre nup specifiess her attendance.
Godwin's. You fail.

Joe's wife knew his condition. And let him run. There is nothing worse than that. For her own benefit and the screwing over of the citizens of the nation. And then seeing the Progs screw over citizens in their legislation.

Joe's wife knew his condition. And let him run. There is nothing worse than that. For her own benefit and the screwing over of the citizens of the nation. And then seeing the Progs screw over citizens in their legislation.
It could almost be classified as elder abuse.

It took Hitler less than 6 months to tighten his grip on power. As I watched this programme I was struck by the similarities between Germany and the US. Hitler and Trump.

Hitler waged war on German institutions. Its government, its press and of course its court system. When he had finished there was nothing left.He burned fown the Reichstag. Trump lanched an invasion of Congress.

Hitler told Germans that he was the only answer to the problems of the state. Trump is doing that right now.

Hitlers followers had a violent core of street thugs who beat and murdered anybody that Hitler didnt like, They were paramilitary and wore their own uniforms. A bit like the proud boys and oath keepers. Violent thugs.

The threats of violence to prosecutors, judges and juries is something that they both share.

Hitler took his revenge on those who opposed him. Check out the story of Hans Litten. He was murdered in a camp for the crime of humiliating Hitler in court.

Of course Trump is threatening revenge on everyone who gets in his way.

Hitler and his group despised democracy. So do Trump and his chums. They just want power and too many "wrong" people vote. Election denying is pure fascism when it does not present any evidence. Its not just that trump is a narcissist. He is a deeply evil man.Like Hitler.

Hitler hated minorities. So does trump and trumpism. The nazis told women to get back in the home. So do trumpists. The nazis murdered gay folk. Trump vilifies them and works to remove them from society.

The nazis burned books, so does trumpism. Intellectuals were murdered by nazis. Check out trumpism and climate change.

This is not controversial. The biggest eye opener was the way that German society backed down at every opportunity. They thought that they were being clever. But Hitler just took the concession and moved on to the next level.

Those GOP politicians who have facilitated the rise of trump, looked the other way and swallowed their pride will have blood on their hands.

Trumpism isnt new. There is a long history of fascism in the US. If trump is elected then a noisy minority may see all their dreams come true.

Excellent post.

81phoo.jpg

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultra nationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

Fascism is an economic system, and has been in place to varying degrees in the United States since the New Deal at the very latest. If you’re referring to a military dictatorship ala the fascist Nazi Party of Germany, then grow up.

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultra nationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

Britannica disagrees with your linkless definition.

" contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation."

^The bolded looks just like modern day Democrats to me. Judge for yourselves.

Now, the first part of that is extreme militaristic Nationalism, but Democrats are extreme militaristic anti-Nationalists, so they differ from the original fascists in that regard.
And only that regard.

Last edited:
Britannica disagrees with your linkless definition.

" contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation."

^The bolded looks just like modern day Democrats to me. Judge for yourselves.

Now, the first part of that is extreme militaristic Nationalism, but Democrats are extreme militaristic anti-Nationalists, so they differ from the original fascists in that regard.
And only that regard.

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.. Fascism is based in nationalism.

It took Hitler less than 6 months to tighten his grip on power. As I watched this programme I was struck by the similarities between Germany and the US. Hitler and Trump.

Hitler waged war on German institutions. Its government, its press and of course its court system. When he had finished there was nothing left.He burned fown the Reichstag. Trump lanched an invasion of Congress.

Hitler told Germans that he was the only answer to the problems of the state. Trump is doing that right now.

Hitlers followers had a violent core of street thugs who beat and murdered anybody that Hitler didnt like, They were paramilitary and wore their own uniforms. A bit like the proud boys and oath keepers. Violent thugs.

The threats of violence to prosecutors, judges and juries is something that they both share.

Hitler took his revenge on those who opposed him. Check out the story of Hans Litten. He was murdered in a camp for the crime of humiliating Hitler in court.

Of course Trump is threatening revenge on everyone who gets in his way.

Hitler and his group despised democracy. So do Trump and his chums. They just want power and too many "wrong" people vote. Election denying is pure fascism when it does not present any evidence. Its not just that trump is a narcissist. He is a deeply evil man.Like Hitler.

Hitler hated minorities. So does trump and trumpism. The nazis told women to get back in the home. So do trumpists. The nazis murdered gay folk. Trump vilifies them and works to remove them from society.

The nazis burned books, so does trumpism. Intellectuals were murdered by nazis. Check out trumpism and climate change.

This is not controversial. The biggest eye opener was the way that German society backed down at every opportunity. They thought that they were being clever. But Hitler just took the concession and moved on to the next level.

Those GOP politicians who have facilitated the rise of trump, looked the other way and swallowed their pride will have blood on their hands.

Trumpism isnt new. There is a long history of fascism in the US. If trump is elected then a noisy minority may see all their dreams come true.
Trump is 100% fascist and MAGA is 100% stupid and hate driven, seems to be a normal combination.

Forum List

Back