How have the IPCC's computer models performed?

The biggest problem with their man made global warming theory is CO2 is a lagging indicator that follows temperature change.

We are 16 years past the global warming cycle that ended in 1998 even as CO2 rate continues to soar thanks to China. There was a period from 1940 to 1975 that the earth cooled for 35 years during mans carbon spewing automobile history. If we make it past that 35 year stretch with no warming their made global warming above 1998 temp, the theory will be proven wrong for sure.

I'm glad to see someone aware of the cooling period between 1941 and 1979. Would you happen to have any idea why that took place? Can you explain why warming resumed with a passion after 1979?

As to lagging versus leading - what in heaven's name makes you think that one process (increased temperatures taking CO2 out of ocean sequestration) creates any restraints on another (CO2 absorbing infrared radiation)?

The biggest problem with their man made global warming theory is CO2 is a lagging indicator that follows temperature change.

We are 16 years past the global warming cycle that ended in 1998 even as CO2 rate continues to soar thanks to China. There was a period from 1940 to 1975 that the earth cooled for 35 years during mans carbon spewing automobile history. If we make it past that 35 year stretch with no warming their made global warming above 1998 temp, the theory will be proven wrong for sure.

I'm glad to see someone aware of the cooling period between 1941 and 1979. Would you happen to have any idea why that took place? Can you explain why warming resumed with a passion after 1979?

As to lagging versus leading - what in heaven's name makes you think that one process (increased temperatures taking CO2 out of ocean sequestration) creates any restraints on another (CO2 absorbing infrared radiation)?

What's makes you think that CO2 drives temperature on planet Earth, Mann's Tree Rings?

Jesus! Are you really that gullible?

Absorbing and emitting do not equal warming

If there's a difference between the models and the observation, the observations must be adjusted to get more in line with the model

What's makes you think that CO2 drives temperature on planet Earth, Mann's Tree Rings?

Just so we know where you stand, are you rejecting the greenhouse effect?

Absorbing and emitting do not equal warming

Then, Mr Guru of Thermodynamics, how about you explain how radiative warming takes place WITHOUT them.

Just so we know where you stand, are you rejecting the greenhouse effect?

Another false argument made by the loyal AGW cult:

3GreenhouseGasPotential_lg.jpg

People are never told that the most powerful greenhouse gases by orders of magnitude is water vapor and clouds. When only human emitted CO2 is considered, less than one percent of the greenhouse gas potential comes from human activity. Yet, all the global warming is supposed to be attributed to it. Water vapor plays a huge role in keeping the earth warm; 70 times more powerful than the CO2 emitted by human activity. When clouds are added, CO2 becomes even less important. However, clouds not only trap heat, low elevation clouds also reflect much of the incoming solar radiation, so the sun's heat never reaches the earth's surface which cools the earth. It is this mechanism that a growing number of scientists believe is one of the primary mechanisms warming and cooling the earth.

You're not answering my question. I want to know whether you accept or reject the greenhouse effect. I might take it from what you've just posted that you accept it, but that piece is so scurrilously deceptive, I don't believe I can trust it to indicate anything. I want to hear it from you.

Do you believe gases in the atmosphere absorb infrared and raise the Earth's (land, air and sea) temperatures? It's a yes or no question.

An excellent study examining failures in GCMs to foresee wind changes caused by rising SSTs and thus see the ENSO changes that caused the hiatus.

http://www.knmi.nl/publications/fulltexts/syphilip_cld08.pdf

Bumped for the science deniers and skook and frank who don't want you to see my posts.

The AGW cult are the science deniers.

3GreenhouseGasPotential_lg.jpg

People are never told that the most powerful greenhouse gases by orders of magnitude is water vapor and clouds. When only human emitted CO2 is considered, less than one percent of the greenhouse gas potential comes from human activity. Yet, all the global warming is supposed to be attributed to it. Water vapor plays a huge role in keeping the earth warm; 70 times more powerful than the CO2 emitted by human activity. When clouds are added, CO2 becomes even less important. However, clouds not only trap heat, low elevation clouds also reflect much of the incoming solar radiation, so the sun's heat never reaches the earth's surface which cools the earth. It is this mechanism that a growing number of scientists believe is one of the primary mechanisms warming and cooling the earth.

You're not answering my question. I want to know whether you accept or reject the greenhouse effect. I might take it from what you've just posted that you accept it, but that piece is so scurrilously deceptive, I don't believe I can trust it to indicate anything. I want to hear it from you.

Do you believe gases in the atmosphere absorb infrared and raise the Earth's (land, air and sea) temperatures? It's a yes or no question.

4DayNightTemps_sm.jpg

The importance of water vapor and clouds can be seen in the day/night temperatures between desert cities and deep south humid cities. In this example the desert gets much hotter because their is less water vapor in the atmosphere. For the same reason, the temperature can drop as much as 45oF during the night during the summer. On the other hand, the humid city does not get as hot, but the temperature does not drop as much at night because the water vapor holds the heat. Clouds can not only hold the heat close to the earth, but during the day, much of the solar radiation reflects off of the clouds, preventing the solar energy from reaching the earth's surface to heat it. Otherwise it would become unbearably hot.

sol17.jpg

sol17.jpg

If I am to take it that this image of the sun is supposed to be a response to "Would you happen to have any idea why that [cooling from 1941 to 1979] took place?" I will need to see the data that shows sufficient correlation and sufficient delta to have caused the observed effect. Cause I think I could have shown you a picture of my bare ass with precisely as much technical validity.

Forum List

Back