How Irresponsible Is This Law?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I keep asking myself am i missing something? There is a law being considered to hold businesses responsible for injury if someone is harmed while in their store/business and that business doesnt allow guns to be carried. You can probably guess these are conservatives. My thought is that this law is redundant and potentially legally dangerous as businesses are already liable for injury that occurs within its realm of responsibility. This seems more like a "sending a message law" instead of one that is actually doing something positive.

Missouri Bill Seeks to Hold Gun Free Owners Liable for Damages

If you can sue a baker for not baking a cake for a gay marriage...then if they deny you your 2nd Amendment Right, to carry a gun, they should just be sued for that.....just like the baker....a Right is a Right....and if you are injured on their property because they denied you your Right....that should be added on to everything else.....

If you can sue a baker for not baking a cake for a gay marriage...then if they deny you your 2nd Amendment Right, to carry a gun, they should just be sued for that.....just like the baker....a Right is a Right....and if you are injured on their property because they denied you your Right....that should be added on to everything else.....
No dummy. It doesnt say you can sue them for not allowing you to carry a gun. It says you can sue them if you get injured while they have a sign that says no guns allowed. Something that is already law.

No dummy. It doesnt say you can sue them for not allowing you to carry a gun. It says you can sue them if you get injured while they have a sign that says no guns allowed. Something that is already law.

I am saying you should be able to sue for both.....they are violating your civil right in both cases.....sue them for both twit.....

That is a good point. Why do the customer's 1st Amendment rights override the business owner's preferences, but the business owner can deny his 2nd Amendment rights?

If I were the judge in either case I would deny the suit and throw both parties out of court. You do not have to do business with a business who denies you the right to carry a gun. Likewise, find another baker. All these lawsuits are bullshit.

You aren't allowed to carry a gun on an airplane or into a courthouse! You gonna sue them too?

Personally I ignore all those gun free zone signs except for on federal or state government property where carrying a gun is actually illegal

When I am carrying concealed no one can tell so why would I not carry in a so called gun free zone at a restaurant or a movie theater for example?

Personally I ignore all those gun free zone signs except for on federal or state government property where carrying a gun is actually illegal

When I am carrying concealed no one can tell so why would I not carry in a so called gun free zone at a restaurant or a movie theater for example?
It is okay as long as you accept prison as the price to pay for using it in a gun free zone!

It is okay as long as you accept prison as the price to pay for using it in a gun free zone!

REally?

If a guy pulls a gun in a so called gun free zone ( not talking about places where carrying a gun is actually illegal and not merely a request from management) and points it at my wife I doubt I will be arrested if I shoot him

I keep asking myself am i missing something? There is a law being considered to hold businesses responsible for injury if someone is harmed while in their store/business and that business doesnt allow guns to be carried. You can probably guess these are conservatives. My thought is that this law is redundant and potentially legally dangerous as businesses are already liable for injury that occurs within its realm of responsibility. This seems more like a "sending a message law" instead of one that is actually doing something positive.

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Keep the crazies down south.

IMO a "gun free zone" should guarantee safety for denying the right to self defense. But to make it a law?

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Get the crazies down south.
I have a concealed carry permit that gives me the right to carry my gun in public places. The fact is if I am carrying you'd never even know it

I am saying you should be able to sue for both.....they are violating your civil right in both cases.....sue them for both twit.....

Dont care what youre saying.

You dont have a right to carry a potentially dangerous weapon on someone elses property.

You dont have a right to carry a potentially dangerous weapon on someones property.

You'd have to know I was carrying before you could do anything about it

REally?

If a guy pulls a gun in a so called gun free zone ( not talking about places where carrying a gun is actually illegal and not merely a request from management) and points it at my wife I doubt I will be arrested if I shoot him
Depends on which state and who runs the show! Would you pull a gun in California? New York?

You dont have a right to carry a potentially dangerous weapon on someones property.

You'd have to know I was carrying before you could do anything about it
That was a pointless comment.

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Get the crazies down south.
I have a concealed carry permit that gives me the right to carry my gun in public places. The fact is if I am carrying you'd never even know it

Right until you go berserk and shoot someone, or someone gives you the eye and puts his hand in his pocket and you shoot him thinking he has a gun and he doesn't.

REally?

Depends on which state and who runs the show! Would you pull a gun in California? New York?

I am not licensed to carry in those states. And besides there is no good reason for me to go to either one of those states

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Keep the crazies down south.

Yeah, it isn't like terrorists or just wacko gunmen would attack in a public place. Oh wait …...... :banghead:

Forum List

Back