How Irresponsible Is This Law?

How about the church? Will you sue them if you are injured by a church shooter? Should that church in Charleston have their ass sued off?

then why are you whining about gun free zone bullshit?
Who told you I was whining about anything? I just told you know one cares if they dont have xray eyes and can spot your gun. The point is that you were told you were not to have it on property. This law is pointless as anyone on the property is already covered by existing law.
you said the law was irresponsible not pointless

I said it doesn't matter what the fucking law is
It is irresponsible and pointless. There is already a law that covers you when injured on anyones property.
This is not just about injury but being denied the right to defend yourself if the owner of the establishment doesn't

No one with a CCW permit holder that I know would think twice about entering any business with a gun free sign in the window while carrying
What about the local hospital?
WHy not?

Like I said I carry concealed so I can walk in anywhere and no one would ever know I'm armed

Will you sue the school if you are injured by a school shooter?
It is actually illegal to carry a gun into a school since schools in my state are State property and it is illegal to carry a gun on all state property. But I have no kids in school so I don't ever enter a school.

How about the church? Will you sue them if you are injured by a church shooter? Should that church in Charleston have their ass sued off?
I don't attend church but if I did I would still carry a concealed weapon. And no one would ever know

It is actually illegal to carry a gun into a school since schools in my state are State property and it is illegal to carry a gun on all state property. But I have no kids in school so I don't ever enter a school.
The point is why should a business be subject to granting you your second amendment rights and not the state or government?

I keep asking myself am i missing something? There is a law being considered to hold businesses responsible for injury if someone is harmed while in their store/business and that business doesnt allow guns to be carried. You can probably guess these are conservatives. My thought is that this law is redundant and potentially legally dangerous as businesses are already liable for injury that occurs within its realm of responsibility. This seems more like a "sending a message law" instead of one that is actually doing something positive.

Missouri Bill Seeks to Hold Gun Free Owners Liable for Damages

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Get the crazies down south.
I have a concealed carry permit that gives me the right to carry my gun in public places. The fact is if I am carrying you'd never even know it

Right until you go berserk and shoot someone, or someone gives you the eye and puts his hand in his pocket and you shoot him thinking he has a gun and he doesn't.

I've been shooting since I was 8 years old. I've owned guns since I was 16, I've owned handguns since I was 21 I've had my licence to carry concealed since I was 25 I haven't "gone berserk" yet and I won't in the future. If anything I'm far more even tempered now that I was when I was 25

I am not saying you do not know how to use a gun, and are not a level headed person, but no one goes berserk, till one goes berserk. Who is to say you did not push a lot of disappointments and anger in your subconscious mind and you will let it all out on a person who upsets you. We don't. Most times we hear about shootings that the person was so nice and congenial and people are astounded that their relative or friend did what they did. If you carry a gun your more apt to use it.

I don't attend church but if I did I would still carry a concealed weapon. And no one would ever know
Until you used it!
and I would never use it unless my or my wife's life was in danger. So if I did ever use it in a gun free zone it would be to shoot a person who was going to harm or kill me or my wife so I don't think I'd be arrested for carrying or for shooting it

BTW I'm of the mind that if you choose to be unarmed and defenseless that you are leaving your safety to the police. So if I ever saw you or anyone else who chooses to to let the government police be responsible for their safety in trouble I would not draw my weapon to protect you or them but instead would call the police for you thereby respecting your choice to leave your safety in the hands of the givernment

I keep asking myself am i missing something? There is a law being considered to hold businesses responsible for injury if someone is harmed while in their store/business and that business doesnt allow guns to be carried. You can probably guess these are conservatives. My thought is that this law is redundant and potentially legally dangerous as businesses are already liable for injury that occurs within its realm of responsibility. This seems more like a "sending a message law" instead of one that is actually doing something positive.

Crazy, guns should not be allowed in stores or malls or any public place. Keep your guns in your home and car. This is getting to be too much. Oh yes, no abortions, because we enjoy seeing you and your child starving without medical care, and yet they want guns like the old west. I find Pubs more and more ignorant as time goes on. Get the crazies down south.
I have a concealed carry permit that gives me the right to carry my gun in public places. The fact is if I am carrying you'd never even know it

Right until you go berserk and shoot someone, or someone gives you the eye and puts his hand in his pocket and you shoot him thinking he has a gun and he doesn't.

I've been shooting since I was 8 years old. I've owned guns since I was 16, I've owned handguns since I was 21 I've had my licence to carry concealed since I was 25 I haven't "gone berserk" yet and I won't in the future. If anything I'm far more even tempered now that I was when I was 25

I am not saying you do not know how to use a gun, and are not a level headed person, but no one goes berserk, till one goes berserk. Who is to say you did not push a lot of disappointments and anger in your subconscious mind and you will let it all out on a person who upsets you. We don't. Most times we hear about shootings that the person was so nice and congenial and people are astounded that their relative or friend did what they did. If you carry a gun your more apt to use it.
He is licensed to carry it. The question is should a business be liable if they ask you not to and you are injured. I am asking why a business should be liable if a church, school, hospital, court house , or any gov. Entity is not?

Who is to say you're not going to rape a bunch of little kids tomorrow? Just because you haven't done it yet doesn't mean you won't right?

MAybe we should put your name on a federal list of sex offenders

The point is why should a business be subject to granting you your second amendment rights and not the state or government?
The state already granted me the right to carry a concealed weapon

Until you used it!
and I would never use it unless my or my wife's life was in danger. So if I did ever use it in a gun free zone it would be to shoot a person who was going to harm or kill me or my wife so I don't think I'd be arrested for carrying or for shooting it

BTW I'm of the mind that if you choose to be unarmed and defenseless that you are leaving your safety to the police. So if I ever saw you or anyone else who chooses to to let the government police be responsible for their safety I would not draw my weapon to protect you or them but instead would call the police for you thereby respecting your choice to leave your safety in the hands of the givernment
You have read me wrong. I am a concealed carry person. I travelled extensively out west last year and travelled in all states who reciprocated Fla.'s concealed carry law. I did not set one tire track in the state of California. My question is why hold a business liable for something other entities are not? Do you own the book called After you shoot?. I think that's the title.

I just don't go in stores that don't allow me to protect myself. If a business bans you from carrying a gun and you get injured in their store because you were not allowed to defend yourself, they are responsible. But, like I said, I wouldn't be caught dead in lib idiots stores like that anyway.

He is licensed to carry it. The question is should a business be liable if they ask you not to and you are injured. I am asking why a business should be liable if a church, school, hospital, court house , or any gov. Entity is not?
If I enter a business it is the business's responsibility to ensure I am not injured in their establishment.

It is illegal for anyone to carry a weapon in a courthouse and they have armed guards as well as metal detectors to ensure that no one is carrying

Once you allow the government to violate your civil rights, you allow EVERYONE to sue for pretty much anything they choose. Actions have consequences and progressives always seem to forget that little fact.

I just don't go in stores that don't allow me to protect myself. If a business bans you from carrying a gun and you get injured in their store because you were not allowed to defend yourself, they are responsible. But, like I said, I wouldn't be caught dead in lib idiots stores like that anyway.
I carry in those places anyway
They don't do anything to see if you're armed or not they just post a sign.

If I enter a business it is the business's responsibility to ensure I am not injured in their establishment.

It is illegal for anyone to carry a weapon in a courthouse and they have armed guards as well as metal detectors to ensure that no one is carrying
And yet, people die in courthouses, schools, churches, airplanes, airports. How many people are killed in small business?

If you can sue a baker for not baking a cake for a gay marriage...then if they deny you your 2nd Amendment Right, to carry a gun, they should just be sued for that.....just like the baker....a Right is a Right....and if you are injured on their property because they denied you your Right....that should be added on to everything else.....
You aren't allowed to carry a gun on an airplane or into a courthouse! You gonna sue them too?

You fail to see the point.....if a private business must sell a cake in violation of their own 1st Amendment Right of freedom of religion for the ill defined right to gay marriage, then denying the defined Right to carry arms by a private business is equally actionable........and if they want their gay cake they have to let them carry guns into the place of business...or get sued...

And yet, people die in courthouses, schools, churches, airplanes, airports. How many people are killed in small business?

Quite a few...read the news sometime....

Forum List

Back