How is it we are so perfectly divided?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
According to the NUTS on this board the Right is Hitler and the left are the Anti Christ right?

Yet nearly every major election is close to 50/50. If we are to believe EITHER sides extremes how is that mathematically possible?

Personally I find these narrow elections to be "off"
If there is an ounce of truth to either sides prognostications then it should be a landslide victory one way or another no?
The alternative explanation is what?

The left is far more prone to making crazy destructive emotional decisions than the right is. The right isnt perfect, but they dont do weird shit like let people riot with impunity, or defund the police, or side with criminals over cops when you have clear video evidence that proves the cop had the right to shoot the criminal. Left wing ideology is not just crazy, its fucking dangerous and the whole country has paid a heavy price because of it.

Last edited:
According to the NUTS on this board the Right is Hitler and the left are the Anti Christ right?

Yet nearly every major election is close to 50/50. If we are to believe EITHER sides extremes how is that mathematically possible?

If there is an ounce of truth to either sides prognostications then it should be a landslide victory one way or another no?
I've given this some thought, and I think it's inherent to a two party system. Each party is going for 51% - and no more. Anything over the number needed to win represents wasted opportunity. Each party has incentive to push for as much of their agenda as they can get away with, and still achieve victory.

It's simpler than you think while at the same time it's more complicated. Right, so the way I see it at least 50% of the votes in all elections are granted, paid for long ahead of the actual process. Beyond that any American who would vote for the psycho-circus ideological tenets of the radical left is either blind, deaf and dumb or the whole thing is fixed. It's not about the dialectic had online and elsewhere between "normal" American people, such as here on USMB. What it is about is otherwise decent (sane) human adult beings being okay with voting for madness like transgender and postmodernist ideology. One must pretty much sell one's soul to vote FOR anti-human, anti-American policies. But that's the simple part.

• Banned

It's simpler than you think while at the same time it's more complicated. Right, so the way I see it at least 50% of the votes in all elections are granted, paid for long ahead of the actual process. Beyond that any American who would vote for the psycho-circus ideological tenets of the radical left is either blind, deaf and dumb or the whole thing is fixed. It's not about the dialectic had online and elsewhere between "normal" American people, such as here on USMB. What it is about is otherwise decent (sane) human adult beings being okay with voting for madness like transgender and postmodernist ideology. One must pretty much sell one's soul to vote FOR anti-human, anti-American policies. But that's the simple part.
Most times I would agree with you but here's why I don't.
While I often say Americans are STUPID, it isn't so much that they actually are it's just that they don't have all the facts. We here and at other forums like this are dedicated to the issues. Be it heartfelt concern or just the chance to troll the other side. We all see ALL the stories regardless of the level of validity to them. Then our confirmation bias kicks in and we run with it.
Whereas a good chunk of the voting public care about the issues but for whatever reason they aren't glued to the latest news story. Be it their job or their children or their social life or their needy older family members... not everyone sits around absorbing the latest tidbits. Hell, you might even say they're the sane ones.
But I digress, I think its much more nuanced than any of us realize.

I don't necessarily believe Dimocrats are the anti-christ, but at the very least they hate what this country has always stood for. Todays Dimocrats are Bolsheviks.

Most times I would agree with you but here's why I don't.
While I often say Americans are STUPID, it isn't so much that they actually are it's just that they don't have all the facts. We here and at other forums like this are dedicated to the issues. Be it heartfelt concern or just the chance to troll the other side. We all see ALL the stories regardless of the level of validity to them. Then our confirmation bias kicks in and we run with it.
Whereas a good chunk of the voting public care about the issues but for whatever reason they aren't glued to the latest news story. Be it their job or their children or their social life or their needy older family members... not everyone sits around absorbing the latest tidbits. Hell, you might even say they're the sane ones.
But I digress, I think its much more nuanced than any of us realize.

I still think it's an inevitable feature of the way our elections work. The two party system will always tend toward an even split between two dominant parties.

Either party could, if they wanted to, put together a platform that could win 70%+ of the popular vote. But neither really wants to do that because it would entail moderation and compromise. The more bang for the buck involves pushing the ideological envelope, bending things as much in your direction as possible, while still maintaining a majority. With each side having the same incentive, they will tune their platforms to maximize pro-active change, maintaining just enough of a majority to win elections. Winning by more than 51% is money left on the table.

Forum List

Back