🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How is this legal? Reporters invade apartment of suspects.

The child is so young, if she is adopted by her uncle or other family member she might not find out about her natural parents till well into her teens if ever. Courts might let the family change names and move someplace where they will not be recognized and create a fresh slate for the child. Not like she had any part in what took place, she deserves a life of anonymity.

Once the grandparents and other family are cleared, which so far it seems no reason that they won't be, it would make sense to take the child away to some new location.

I wonder if she was just part if the "cover" as a normal couple or if there was a real regret in leaving her behind. Could they have said no, for the sake of their child?

The child is so young, if she is adopted by her uncle or other family member she might not find out about her natural parents till well into her teens if ever. Courts might let the family change names and move someplace where they will not be recognized and create a fresh slate for the child. Not like she had any part in what took place, she deserves a life of anonymity.

Once the grandparents and other family are cleared, which so far it seems no reason that they won't be, it would make sense to take the child away to some new location.

I wonder if she was just part if the "cover" as a normal couple or if there was a real regret in leaving her behind. Could they have said no, for the sake of their child?
Jihadists kill their own children for the sake of their warped religion once radicalized. Kids are walking bombs many times. I don't think they would have said no or even thought to ask.Jihad means more to them than their own child.

Jihadists kill their own children for the sake of their warped religion once radicalized. Kids are walking bombs many times. I don't think they would have said no or even thought to ask.Jihad means more to them than their own child.

The couple might have used toys to sneek bomb unseen at some future date but at least they did not have a vest on the child and use her in the attack.

I can imagine it both ways. They want to take the child to "gardens of heaven" with them so they would be together for eternity, and caring for her enough to want he to have a pure life after they are gone, but that would suggest a sense of guilt about what they were doing. The idea of indifference, a prop, is harder to understand.

News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???

"WTF" is my gut reaction to many of the details as they come out. This detail is particularly dizzying. Less than 24 hrs (I haven't done the exact arithmetic) after a brutal terrorizing slaughter of innocents, in a crime that will have worldwide consequences, I turn on the TV and see news crews and probably curious citizens rummaging through the residence of the shooters. WTF???

24 hrs. Is it really possible the local police, FBI and whoever have had enough time to conduct a painstakingly thorough investigation? This is fodder for conspiracy theories, like when the speed of demolition and debris removal after 9/11 precluded a real investigation. Shit, they didn't even have enough evidence to indict bin Laden for a crime. Or the botched investigation that let O.J. walk.

Unbelievable, or am I just being paranoid? Yesterday, after the attack I heard that an anonymous US intelligence official had said that Farook was in contact with known Islamic extremists on the internet, facebook or twitter maybe. How many billions of dollars has the US government spent on building the potential to collect and store 20 terabytes of information on US citizens every minute (20 terabytes is about the amount of information in the Library of Congress) and what good is the whole apparatus if it can't spot a couple of threats like this pair of amateur Jihadis. Really, if you take the information available to the public right now and connect a few dots they might as well have been dancing around an ISIS flag shouting Allahu Akbar and wearing signs "Death to America!". Sorry, I'm rambling. Just one more thing - this feels like the FBI or NSA or someone is covering up a few, or a lot of embarrassing facts again.

TV news media is gobsmacked too.
The whole thing is just CRAZY. Which shows just how unprepared Calif is for any future terrorist attacks. And I am betting terrorists took note of this botching and plan on further attacks since our LE is so inept.

News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???

"WTF" is my gut reaction to many of the details as they come out. This detail is particularly dizzying. Less than 24 hrs (I haven't done the exact arithmetic) after a brutal terrorizing slaughter of innocents, in a crime that will have worldwide consequences, I turn on the TV and see news crews and probably curious citizens rummaging through the residence of the shooters. WTF???

24 hrs. Is it really possible the local police, FBI and whoever have had enough time to conduct a painstakingly thorough investigation? This is fodder for conspiracy theories, like when the speed of demolition and debris removal after 9/11 precluded a real investigation. Shit, they didn't even have enough evidence to indict bin Laden for a crime. Or the botched investigation that let O.J. walk.

Unbelievable, or am I just being paranoid? Yesterday, after the attack I heard that an anonymous US intelligence official had said that Farook was in contact with known Islamic extremists on the internet, facebook or twitter maybe. How many billions of dollars has the US government spent on building the potential to collect and store 20 terabytes of information on US citizens every minute (20 terabytes is about the amount of information in the Library of Congress) and what good is the whole apparatus if it can't spot a couple of threats like this pair of amateur Jihadis. Really, if you take the information available to the public right now and connect a few dots they might as well have been dancing around an ISIS flag shouting Allahu Akbar and wearing signs "Death to America!". Sorry, I'm rambling. Just one more thing - this feels like the FBI or NSA or someone is covering up a few, or a lot of embarrassing facts again.

Well to be fair, what could they do? Even if they were watching these people, knew there were some ties... What could they do? They cannot simply arrest them on suspicion, they must have proof to do anything or the media and the people would tear them apart. Their hands are somewhat tied and we simply cannot put a 24hr watch on every "suspicious" person in the country in order to stop them /before/ an attack happens.

Um, they could have done a stakeout. They could have gone thru the trash. You know..sneak spy. Nothing out of the ordinary? Then no problem. But if something WAS found or seen....14 people would be alive. Actually, 3000+ would still be alive too if more attention was given to those taking flying lessons.

WTF???

The liberal media will do anything to protect Islamists. To now include storming their homes after an attack to contaminate evidence so it can't be used against them.

Um, they could have done a stakeout. They could have gone thru the trash. You know..sneak spy. Nothing out of the ordinary? Then no problem. But if something WAS found or seen....14 people would be alive. Actually, 3000+ would still be alive too if more attention was given to those taking flying lessons.

I wish that we had the money to sit outside the homes of every "dangerous" person in the country, but it is an unrealistic wish. As is thinking that we're going to be able to dig through "dangerous" peoples trash every week. But even if we did, even if money did grow on trees and we could, what would we do with said information? Find them buying a bunch of weapons and have another Waco? There is just... unfortunately nothing we can do unless there is hard evidence... Bust them out for a stockpile of weapons, which they passed background checks to purchase? I wish, and yet, I know that is unacceptable in America...

It would be nice if we could, and perhaps, in time with drones, but the tech isn't quite there yet - and then one must ask themselves about privacy rights... Should drones be allowed to spy on us? We resoundingly objected to our phones being monitored did we not? It is a hard balance to find and I'm not sure where that point is...

WTF???

Well to be fair, what could they do? Even if they were watching these people, knew there were some ties... What could they do? They cannot simply arrest them on suspicion, they must have proof to do anything or the media and the people would tear them apart. Their hands are somewhat tied and we simply cannot put a 24hr watch on every "suspicious" person in the country in order to stop them /before/ an attack happens.

I agree with your statement 100% - if we're getting the whole story. What I'm suggesting is we're not getting the whole story, too many gaps, my bullshit radar is blinking. I could be wrong.

Just another unregulated mob acting under the ridiculous pretense of Freedom of the Press. All of them should be charged with trespass and destruction of private property.

WTF???

The liberal media will do anything to protect Islamists. To now include storming their homes after an attack to contaminate evidence so it can't be used against them.
Cops must have been in on it since they released the dwelling to the owner.

From what little I have gathered...the father was "normal". It was not until he went to Pakistan and met his terrorist wife that he "turned" radical. So...a guy goes to Paki, is a regular guy, has a good job, etc...then travels there. Why? Was he urged to go there or did he have family there he wanted to visit? And why would anyone want to visit the ME at this time anyway? Methinks he was radicalized BEFORE going there...from some currently unknown entity (mosque?), decided to do as requested (by unknown entity?) and find himself a wife, which he did, came back WITH the terrorist American Infidel Hating Wife, and was in short.....brainwashed. Which means....normal ordinary muslims going about their business are targets for radicals to bend and sway.

Just speculating.

If you had listened to what they said on the news, the reason he went to Saudi was to pick up the wife that he'd selected from a Muslim dating site.

I personally think that he was radicalized by his wife.

BTW...............his Imam said that he had stopped going to mosque about a month before the attacks. Prior to that? He was there 4-5 times/wk.

Forum List

Back