How is this song promoting gay agenda?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District

Radio Stations Pull Little Big Town s Girl Crush Over Complaints Of Song s Gay Agenda

Radio stations are reportedly pulling Little Big Town's latest country hit, "Girl Crush," due to complaints that the song's lyrics promote the "gay agenda."
But "Girl Crush" is not about a lesbian romance. It's about a woman who is jealous yet enthralled by her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend.
This week, Fairfield shot down critics' misconceptions about the song's meaning.

"The lyric of ‘Girl Crush’ is written in kind of a sexy way,” Fairfield said, per iHeartRadio. “So some people might turn it off when they get to the ‘I want to taste your lips’ and all that. But once they get to the hook they go ‘Oh.’ It turns and it’s about a girl saying, ‘Why do you love her and not me?’ And that’s what makes it. You’ve got to lean in a little bit, but the fans are really loving this one.”

Radio host Bobby Bones wasn't shy to vocalize his annoyance ("It shouldn't evenmatter if it's a lesbian song!"), and other country stars have rallied around the group.

=========

If there was any issue over Katy Perry's Kissed a Girl song, I missed that completely.
I remember reading about the openly gay country song and "All American Boy"

Now some hype over a song that ISN'T about any lesbian theme
has caused an uproar over "Gay Agenda". Is this displaced or what?

Because people missed the train, they have to jump on the next available bus? To throw someone under? Please post any articles or links to other songs that people jumped on. Is there any pattern to which songs get protested?

To me, the name of the song is misleading if it is about a girl being jealous of the girl that her ex is now with and if it really is about a girl being jealous of the girl that her ex is now with, well then I hate the song still because that is a situation that I will never be able to relate to. If there is something about me that a guy or anyone for that matter does not go for, that is not my problem.

God bless you and LBT always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back