Votes: 3 16.7%

Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 12 66.7%

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
The answer is not as easy as all that.
Depends on whom you ask.
In the United States, students learn that there are seven continents:

1. North America (which includes Central America and the Caribbean)
  2. South America
  3. Europe
  4. Asia (the most populous continent)
  5. Africa
  6. Australia
  7. Antarctica
Going by that standard, continents make up the vast majority of land surface area on the planet, or about 57 million square miles (148 million square kilometers).

But that's hardly the last word on the matter. For example, in Europe, students usually learn that there are actually only six continents: Africa, America, Antarctica, Asia, Australia/Oceania, and Europe. There's even a five-continent model, which lists Africa, Europe, Asia, America and Oceania/Australia. (That's why there are five rings on the Olympic flag.) And some experts think four is the way to go, using as their criteria landmasses naturally separated by water, rather than manmade canals (AfroEurasia, America, Antarctica and Australia).

Heck, as recently as the 1800s, some people says there were just two continents, the Old — including Europe, Africa and Asia — and the New, which encompassed North and South America.

No, I am old school. :)
There is 8.

You have the traditional 7 plus Chrispy Cream.

th

there are many different ways to count continents

from 2 to 8 all is possible

Before I address stinky,

ON TOPIC:

• Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • North America
  • South America
  • Australia
  • Antarctica
That’s seven. Other people make use of alternative groupings such as considering all America as one continent. 🤷‍♂️

Now off topic.

Bubba fucking Clinton didn’t know what the definition of what “is” is.

Here, we need to define “continent.” If OP has one definition and I have a different definition of what constitutes a “continent,” well then of course we may not agree on the number of continents.
so it is

Is this like Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader or something? There's obviously seven.

North America
South America
Europe
Asia
Australia (Which is also a country btw)
Africa
Antarctic

Oh yeah and I listed them all from memory.

Forum List

Back