There are a countless number of songs about alcohol, why not weed?

To me, the best song that I've ever heard about being stoned is a song that country band Sawyer Brown did when they were on Star Seach in 1983. The song starts at the 8:36 mark of this clip.

God bless you and each past and present member of the band always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly the song was never placed on any of their albums. The first song in the clip, as well as the last song and the one in the middle named "Step That Step" was placed on their first album.

Considering how many people love weed, you would think there would be some songs about it. I can think of many songs going back 100 years romanticizing alcohol but I can't think of any that romanticize weed. Maybe there are some, I can't think of any.
Try Google, duh.

Considering how many people love weed, you would think there would be some songs about it. I can think of many songs going back 100 years romanticizing alcohol but I can't think of any that romanticize weed. Maybe there are some, I can't think of any.

"They grow their own tomatoes and their own smoke too" ....Hank Jr.
Right me if I am wrong, but I believe the lyric goes, "We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too. There ain't too many things these old boys can't do."

God bless you and Hank Jr. always!!!

Holly

P.S. Right after that lyric comes this one, "We grow good-ole tomatoes and homemade wine and a country boy can survive."

Right me if I am wrong, but I believe the lyric goes, "We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too. There ain't too many things these old boys can't do."

God bless you and Hank Jr. always!!!

Holly

P.S. Right after that lyric comes this one, "We grow good-ole tomatoes and homemade wine and a country boy can survive."
I stand corrected. Has it been 46 years?

Wildwood Weed.
Roll Another Number
Weed with Willie
Lets Go Get Stoned
Don't Bogart That Joint
You Don't know How It Feels
Got To Get You Into My Life
Homegrown
Illegal Smile
Along Comes Mary
One Toke Over The Line
Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die