Contemporary Christian Music

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
The passing of Contemporary Christian musical artist Mandisa about 10 days ago reminded me of the huge impact many of these artists have had on my life. I've been somewhat distracted by multiple things going on, often defined as "just life" but Mandisa's passing was a reminder of what I still need. I've been introduced to even more of her music since her passing as my devices recommend and serve up other songs of hers of which I'd been previously unaware. As a result, I decided to create this thread.

I think the thing about contemporary Christian music that is so appealing is that it encompasses just about every single genre there is, including what sounds to me like metal music (Jeremy Camp comes to mind) but all of it is praise music so what follows are some of my all-time favorites.

Mandisa: These Days

MercyMe: You Are I Am
MercyMe - You Are I Am (Official Lyric Video)

Josh Wilson: Pushing Back the Dark

Toby Mac: Feel It

Michael W. Smith: A New Hallelujah (featuring Featuring The African Children's Choir)

Michael W. Smith: You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)

Last edited:
The passing of Contemporary Christian musical artist Mandisa about 10 days ago reminded me of the huge impact many of these artists have had on my life. I've been somewhat distracted by multiple things going on, often defined as "just life" but Mandisa's passing was a reminder of what I still need. I've been introduced to even more of her music since her passing as my devices recommend and serve up other songs of hers of which I'd been previously unaware. As a result, I decided to create this thread.

I think the thing about contemporary Christian music that is so appealing is that it encompasses just about every single genre there is, including what sounds to me like metal music (Jeremy Camp comes to mind) but all of it is praise music so what follows are some of my all-time favorites.

Mandisa: These Days

MercyMe: You Are I Am
MercyMe - You Are I Am (Official Lyric Video)

Josh Wilson: Pushing Back the Dark

Toby Mac: Feel It

Michael W. Smith: A New Hallelujah (featuring Featuring The African Children's Choir)

Michael W. Smith: You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)

wonderful perspective.

Forum List

Back