🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How much debt is too much

I wonder how well the economy will fare when the full cost of ObamaCare will kick in.
When everyone dumped from their plan will be scrambling to make ends meet.
How are people going to come up with the higher premium payments and the high deductibles.

You libs never can provide an answer so here's another chance

current debt 17 T
when obama leaves office 20 T

At what point must the govt stop spending more than it takes in?

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

Better yet, what economic entitie do you think should be carrying the debt? Consumers? Businesses? A mix of Gov, consumers and businesses? What mix?

The reason revenue is only 16% and not 20% is that 2/3 of the friggin country pays no income tax.

After calling me a retard for arguing that revenue is the problem, you just now argued that revenue is the problem.

we have a choice----either give the government more money to waste, or tell them to stop wasting money because they are not getting any more.

If you are on a fixed income but are spending more than you take in, do you have a spending problem or a revenue problem?

The government is not on a fixed income. The government chose to cut its own income. The government can choose to raise it.

You libs never can provide an answer so here's another chance

current debt 17 T
when obama leaves office 20 T

At what point must the govt stop spending more than it takes in?

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

Better yet, what economic entitie do you think should be carrying the debt? Consumers? Businesses? A mix of Gov, consumers and businesses? What mix?

the issue is the federal debt. Right now future taxpayers are on the hook for it---------your kids and grandkids

After calling me a retard for arguing that revenue is the problem, you just now argued that revenue is the problem.

we have a choice----either give the government more money to waste, or tell them to stop wasting money because they are not getting any more.

If you are on a fixed income but are spending more than you take in, do you have a spending problem or a revenue problem?

The government is not on a fixed income. The government chose to cut its own income. The government can choose to raise it.

yes, the govt can raise taxes on us. Do you have any idea what your share of 1 trillion per year will be? If I did the math right your share is $30,300/year, every year from now on unless the govt reduces its spending rate.

Seriously, I don't care how much debt the government runs up....it's just paper and electronic debits and credits. It's only valuable as long as we all agree it is. When the rest of the world stops believing in the US$ and our economic system - the jig is up.

But I am not worried. When the shit finally does hit the fan, YOUR kids will pay for it. Thanks kiddies!

Seriously, I don't care how much debt the government runs up....it's just paper and electronic debits and credits. It's only valuable as long as we all agree it is. When the rest of the world stops believing in the US$ and our economic system - the jig is up.

But I am not worried. When the shit finally does hit the fan, YOUR kids will pay for it. Thanks kiddies!

of course you are correct, but it doesn't have to be that way.

yes, the govt can raise taxes on us. Do you have any idea what your share of 1 trillion per year will be? If I did the math right your share is $30,300/year, every year from now on unless the govt reduces its spending rate.

You honestly think someone is going to cut a trillion dollars out of the budget in one year?

What planet are you living on?

You honestly think someone is going to cut a trillion dollars out of the budget in one year?

What planet are you living on?

The government does not need to cut a trillion dollars in one year. It just needs to quit creating additional spending programs, and start eliminating the ones that are abject failures and those that have no business being financed by government in the first place.

A billion here, and a billion there, and pretty soon it adds up to real savings.

Maybe if your dumbazz greedy party would stop starting WORLD DEPRESSIONS, hater dupes, and wrecking the recovery for 5 years...Thanks for all the bs about how much 17 trillion is, but the only way to stop the bleeding is a recovery- which you've blocked for 5 years now...for NOTHING.

If debt really meant anything we would do something about it

Republicans only care about debt when a Democrat is in office

They call Democrats "tax and spend" but Republicans cut taxes and spend

Which adds more to he debt?

And the conservatives say flat tax and spend in a balanced budget.. with the elimination of all exemptions, deductions, exceptions, and excuses.. and you little libbies run for the hills screaming

Flat tax is gift to the wealthy

It depends on the flat tax rate. You libs are so hung up on sticking it to the rich you've lost what the purpose of taxes is. It's not stick it to this guy or that guy or encourage this or that behavior. It's to fund the government's obligations. Who care if it's a gift to the rich as long as government has the money it needs to fund those obligations? As i said earlier a 20% flat tax on all income along with eliminating deductions, credits, loopholes, etc. and the government would actually have increased tax revenue.

Because so-called federal “debt” is the total of T-securities outstanding, all federal debt easily could be eliminated tomorrow, if the federal government merely credited the bank accounts of T-securities holders.

That would require pressing a few computer keys, which would increase the checking accounts and decrease the T-security accounts of federal creditors. As this would be a simple asset exchange, no new money would be created and there would be no inflation consequences.

Because a Monetarily Sovereign nation has the unlimited ability to create its sovereign currency, that nation needs neither to tax nor to borrow. Why would it?

Further, that nation does not use tax money or borrowed money to pay for spending. Federal income has no relationship to federal spending and so, taxes and borrowing are unnecessary.
?Monetary Sovereignty: The key to understanding economics «#Monetary Sovereignty - Mitchell #Monetary Sovereignty ? Mitchell

That's a lot to digest. Happens to be true. Don't fall for the BS that the US is on the brink of bankruptcy or that there's too much debt. Nonsense.

That would be true if the value of the dollar stayed the same regardless of how many of them there are......

Maybe if your dumbazz greedy party would stop starting WORLD DEPRESSIONS, hater dupes, and wrecking the recovery for 5 years...Thanks for all the bs about how much 17 trillion is, but the only way to stop the bleeding is a recovery- which you've blocked for 5 years now...for NOTHING.

Can you possibly be as ignorant as your posts? Everything this government has done in the last 75 years has been bipartisan (except the fiasco known as obamacare).

Blaming one party for what both parties have done is the height of partisan ignorance and you are the poster boy for that.

Get over the hate and face reality, both parties are responsible, deal with it.

Forum List

Back