How pathetically politically correct we have become.

I seriously doubt that there will be an influx of Black hockey players clamoring to get into the NHL anytime soon, or even in the distant future, no matter how much "the left" lobbies for it. The same goes for golf, and NASCAR

However, being that close to 70% of the players in the NFL are Black, it is understandable that there would be people wanting to see more Black coaches in the sport.
That being said, the current numbers don't lie.

No matter how much anyone is insisting that more Black coaches be placed, and the growing number of those that see them being placed as marginalizing White coaching candidates, the number appointed has remained consistent for years.

As far as so called "free stuff", I am old enough to recall when the NFL was predominately White, and the Black players that came into the sport in the 50's and 60's, and even the early 70's were definately not chosen because they were the mandated recipients of anything that was "free".
You are entirely correct about the 50's and early 60s. I'm not sure about the 70s, though, as the NFL was pretty thoroughly integrated by then.

Today, the NFL is as close to a meritocracy as we have in this country which is as it SHOULD be in all other facets of our society. It's all about talent.

The problem with woke, however, is that it is not about merit at all. It assails the vet notion of a meritocracy.

You are entirely correct about the 50's and early 60s. I'm not sure about the 70s, though, as the NFL was pretty thoroughly integrated by then.

Today, the NFL is as close to a meritocracy as we have in this country which is as it SHOULD be in all other facets of our society. It's all about talent.

The problem with woke, however, is that it is not about merit at all. It assails the vet notion of a meritocracy.
I was referring to the early 70's. Although considerable progress had been made by then, there was still a resistance to Black quarterbacks in the NFL, and of course, a Black head coach would have been out of the question within that era.

The general sentiment was that they lacked the mental acuity to perform in those positions.

I was personally told that by a former NFL quarterback as well as a hall of fame receiver, and a high school coach of mine who played in the NFL as a defensive end during the early 70's.

As far as all facets of society, I would generally agree that the NFL rewards and pays their players based more on individual performance and ability than other professions where it matters more WHO one knows as opposed to WHAT one knows.

I was referring to the early 70's. Although considerable progress had been made by then, there was still a resistance to Black quarterbacks in the NFL, and of course, a Black head coach would have been out of the question within that era.

The general sentiment was that they lacked the mental acuity to perform in those positions.

I was personally told that by a former NFL quarterback as well as a hall of fame receiver, and a high school coach of mine who played in the NFL as a defensive end during the early 70's.

As far as all facets of society, I would generally agree that the NFL rewards and pays their players based more on individual performance and ability than other professions where it matters more WHO one knows as opposed to WHAT one knows.
There are a LOT more black quarterbacks at the college level these days.

Caleb Williams certainly looks can't miss to me.

I'd look to DeMeco Ryans as a strong head coaching candidate for next year as well.

There are a LOT more black quarterbacks at the college level these days.

Caleb Williams certainly looks can't miss to me.

I'd look to DeMeco Ryans as a strong head coaching candidate for next year as well.
Agreed. There are some excellent QB prospects in the college ranks regardless of race. I'm particularly impressed by Stetson Bennett.
His performance in the national championship against TCU was one of the best that I've ever seen.

The way that the 49ers defense has been playing should definitely earn Ryans some consideration.. They are absolutely one of the top defensive teams in the NFL.

Since you are identifying the NFL as a example of racial favoritism being extended to Black coaches, and claiming this is marginalizing potential White coaches, have you actually looked at how many Black head coaches are in the NFL?

There are exactly 3 Black head coaches out of 32 teams.

Mathematically, that is not indicative of favoritism towards Black head coaches.
Good point,if anything that indicates the nfl as always discriminates against blacks,there is not one black nfl owner,nobody can tell me there is not discrimination against blacks in the nfl as coach’s and owners.

Agreed. There are some excellent QB prospects in the college ranks regardless of race. I'm particularly impressed by Stetson Bennett.
His performance in the national championship against TCU was one of the best that I've ever seen.

The way that the 49ers defense has been playing should definitely earn Ryans some consideration.. They are absolutely one of the top defensive teams in the NFL.
Has the niners defense been bad katsteve2012

The Texans have been mismanaged since they were formed. Even when they finally pull out a win in the end, they lose.
They can suck all they want.. but they aren't racist for firing coaches who reside over horrible records.

That's CRT/Democrat stuff.

Nothing wrong with considering someone worthy of being on the Supreme Court, no matter where they came from.

Try to explain some on the Right insisting in dividing the races by making sure that some races will not get to vote, get health care, good jobs, good housing.

Cry me an Ocean, Dogmaphobe, cry me all of the Oceans.
Translation: "I Opposed ALL racism during the civil rights, but now I support it to support previous victims... it makes me feel virtuous, warm, and fuzzy. I'm such an awesome person"

Good point,if anything that indicates the nfl as always discriminates against blacks,there is not one black nfl owner,nobody can tell me there is not discrimination against blacks in the nfl as coach’s and owners.
I'm sure you know all of the circumstances around every ownership in the NFL... keep your CRT racism to yourself.

Nobody????

Voter suppression in all of the Republican governed States.

I fantasize all right. Reality keeps hitting me in the face with all the voter suppression bills Republicans have passed in the past six years.
Like Dogma stated, you think black people are stupid. We believe in their ability to easily attain what they need to vote. You're the one who thinks they can't do things because of their skin color.

Shame on you.

Another Racist poster showing their racists colors.
Too many of them doing the same thing on these threads.

Far Left.....Blacks.....Blacks......Far Left....
Yeah, the coaches before the last two were so much more successful. They have been Raider-esque without the hope that springs eternal (usually) in Raider land.

The sad thing for the Texicans is that the Raiders really have a remotely lame excuse for the lethargic nature of their mediocrity. After Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning got through destroying them twice a year, a guy named Mahomes has been cashing checks off of two victories per year that were almost guaranteed. Word has it he's pretty good. Sometimes you just run into a buzz saw. Sometimes you window closes on your chance...other times the opponent slams it shut on you. A little of both has gone on in Oakland/Las Vegas. Well, at least the Chargers don't have a great QB. Oh wait...they do (in spite of what happened yesterday #outcoached). The Texicans have not had to worry about superior opposition for decades. Andrew Luck was the last truly superior QB they faced in division. Any one of the four teams could have established long term dominance much in the same way the Patriots did in the AFC East.

They can suck all they want.. but they aren't racist for firing coaches who reside over horrible records.

That's CRT/Democrat stuff.

IMO, it was unfair to fire him after one year and I consider it was their mismanagement that led to the disastrous season, regardless of the color of his skin. Shit I thought the OIlers were badly mismanaged but the Texans are worse.

I don’t care what color the coach is. Mike Tomlin is black and probably is the second best coach in the NFL.
who is first Rocko ? dont say Belicheat or you have ZERO credibility. facts prove he is a shit coach without brady.the one year he won without him was a fluke,he had randy moss one of the top three best recievers ever to make him look good that year.

Forum List

Back