How Pro Wrestling Explains Today’s GOP: Battle between DeSantis & Trump will split the party with surprising results, argues Vince McMahon biographer

FAKE pro wrestling?

laughing hilariously.jpg

President Trump has certainly learned a lot from professional wrestling. NWA champion Brodus Clay was on Guttfeld explaining Trump's "WWE promo style" speeches that no one can ignore.

And its well known that Trump picked the brain of WWE superstar Virgil to help him with presentation.

President Trump has certainly learned a lot from professional wrestling. NWA champion Brodus Clay was on Guttfeld explaining Trump's "WWE promo style" speeches that no one can ignore.

And its well known that Trump picked the brain of WWE superstar Virgil to help him with presentation.

Trump has always been that way.

*NOT saying you're wrong - just my opinion.

• Banned
Trump and the GOP made politics about character assassination, not about policy. some say it's why the Republicans lost their way. it's certainly an effective strategy to win elections.

Trump and the GOP made politics about character assassination, not about policy. some say it's why the Republicans lost their way. it's certainly an effective strategy to win elections.
Hillary and the DNC pay Russians for the bogus Steele Dossier, then push the Russia Collusion Hoax, then push the Mueller Investigation hoax, and then Hillary calls Tulsi Gabbard, a veteran, a "Russian Asset", and you say the GOP is all about character assassination with no examples. I call that lying.

• Banned
from the article:

“Wrestling,” writes Riesman, “has metastasized into the broader world, especially since the inauguration of the 45th president. There’s little difference between Trumpism and Vince’s neokayfabe, each with their infinite and indistinguishable layers of irony and sincerity. Each philosophy approaches life with one goal: to remake reality in such a way as to defeat one’s enemies and sate one’s insecurities.”

"
Josie Riesman: I’m a big believer that our cultural influences, even if they seem frivolous to the untrained eye, have a massive influence on the way our political brains function. And Trump has been watching wrestling, specifically McMahon family wrestling, since he was little. He was watching wrestling in New York, which was controlled by Vince’s grandfather and then father, in the 1950s and ’60s. I think it’s really important to understand that there aren’t any public entertainments that Trump likes as much as wrestling. I really think he, like many people in this country, reveres wrestling. And by 2015, he’s already had a few years there where he had really sort of discovered a new voice for himself, which was basically being a wrestling heel — being able to learn how you can work a crowd into a frenzy by tossing them the red meat of obscene things that you’re not supposed to say but that are true, and then also tossing them complete ridiculousness. When you do that mix of fact and fiction and you scream it, and there’s a crowd that’s very interactive, not only is it a drug for the performer but it’s also a school for them. You really come to understand how to poke an audience in a way that a more subdued public speaking gig can’t teach you.

"

"
Riesman: And success in being hated. That’s such a key part of the Trump phenomenon. People think that by hating him and tweeting about how bad he is they’re somehow stabbing against him. But that’s the same way that people thought they were making a point of taking down Vince McMahon by buying T-shirts that say “Stone Cold” because “Stone Cold” Steve Austin was Vince’s rival in a storyline. But Vince McMahon owns it. He makes all the money off the T-shirt. That’s what happens with Trump. And not just Trump. George Santos. Any number of politicians. It’s how you succeed now.

"

Forum List

Back