How should the US "Compete" with China?

People should quit smoking, drink moderately, exercise, stick to their budget, and keep a healthy weight. But they don't.

In many cases they should be forced to do those things.

It's no use yammering about what people ought to do. Your father probably couldn't understand why anyone needed a cell phone or microwave.

He did fianlly warm up (haha) to the microwave, but he never did see much use in the cell phone. Though he did finally get one while he was home battling cancer and my mother was often out of the house running errands and things like that.

My grandmother was fine with a rotary dial phone. People's needs change as technology changes.

No. WANTS change as technology increases. NEEDS do not change.

Your solution is ineffective and wont solve the problem.

You have no idea what my solution would be; though I gurarantee that you would not like it. It would solve the problem, though at the cost of many things at least some people still hold dear. That's the price we sometimes have to pay for decency in society.

I hear the righties say we need to compete with China but in what way? Lower wages? Smaller Housing? Bigger Population?

What?

How about a pro business environment for a change? The US is still a much bigger economy than China. And if we had decent economic growth we could solve a lot of problems. But the things keeping growth back are all results of this administration's policies to punish success and reward failure. If we stop punishing success and rewarding failure we might see some prosperity.

What do you mean pro business? We do everything including stroke their proverbial cocks? You want to start giving facials too?

I hear the righties say we need to compete with China but in what way? Lower wages? Smaller Housing? Bigger Population?

What?

How about a pro business environment for a change? The US is still a much bigger economy than China. And if we had decent economic growth we could solve a lot of problems. But the things keeping growth back are all results of this administration's policies to punish success and reward failure. If we stop punishing success and rewarding failure we might see some prosperity.

What do you mean pro business? We do everything including stroke their proverbial cocks? You want to start giving facials too?

Yeah see you're part of the problem. You're so fucking ignorant of tax and regulatory law that you have no idea what business involves. Try taking your hands out of your pants and opening a book or two on the topic.
Now go fuck yourself, asshole.

Here's a crazy idea: How about instead of going into debt to pay for everything, we stop spending as much money on corrupt government programs and empower the people to use their own money?

That wont make us competitive. Thats not the answer to everything like you think it is

So we should waste money we don't have on programs that don't work and keep the American people from being able to have more power to better themselves economically, and you think that our economy will be in a better and or the same place as if we did what I suggested?

Just because the answer is pretty obvious doesn't mean it's not the answer.

There is more than one way to do things dude. Jesus christ you and this idiot act everyday

That wont make us competitive. Thats not the answer to everything like you think it is

So we should waste money we don't have on programs that don't work and keep the American people from being able to have more power to better themselves economically, and you think that our economy will be in a better and or the same place as if we did what I suggested?

There is more than one way to do things dude. Jesus christ you and this idiot act everyday

and yet you cannot intelligently counter his post. simply saying, nuh uh, does not make your argument persuasive in the slightest.

we could start by putting pressure on them to reevaluate their currency

What?

We don't need to compete with China. In fact what we need to do is to lock them out entirely. No more cheap Chinese, Taiwanese, etc.... crap on our store shelves.

American goods from American companies made by American workers for American citizens..... THAT is the recipe to fix much of what's wrong with this country.
That is easily the worst thing we could do!!!

We should follow the economic Law of Comparative Advantage.

and yet you cannot intelligently counter his post. simply saying, nuh uh, does not make your argument persuasive in the slightest.

we could start by putting pressure on them to reevaluate their currency

Its because his knowledge base is so thin he cannot take a position much less argue one coherently.

What?

The idea that government isn't the solution to a problem is just unfathomable to you, isn't it?

Spend more on infrastructure, science, r&d and consider adopting Japans Educational system. Get back our manufacturing and put into place pro-American trade agreements.

The Soviet Union spent more on infrastructure, science, r&d and education than any other country. How well did that work out?

What?

The idea that government isn't the solution to a problem is just unfathomable to you, isn't it?

Government has a very real place within our economy. Trade, ect. The fact that your side doesn't understand this means you're dangerous.

Yeah see you're part of the problem. You're so fucking ignorant of tax and regulatory law that you have no idea what business involves. Try taking your hands out of your pants and opening a book or two on the topic.

Right and you provided so much insight into tax law you summed it up as "be nice to business".

Fuck off turd munch

What?

Government has a very real place within our economy. Trade, ect. The fact that your side doesn't understand this means you're dangerous.

The fact that you think government is going to take care of you means you're a sheep. Or in your native language, I should say, "baa."

Right and you provided so much insight into tax law you summed it up as "be nice to business".

Fuck off turd munch

It would be like explaining physics to a hamster. You're just too fucking ignorant and stupid to get any of this.

Forum List

Back