How small is the gun problem...1,300 thugs out of entire Chicago population

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
the new Chicago police chief confirms everything I have pointed out about the gun issue......the gun crime problem is not a problem for the United States...it is a problem of a tiny group of career criminals in tiny areas in our major cities...and the police know exactly who they are......and these 1,800...cannot legally own or carry guns in the first place...

The rest of the country...owns 356,991,876 million guns...and the owners do not use them to murder anyone.....

Chicago police boss calls weekend gun violence 'completely unacceptable'

At an unrelated news conference Monday on the city's Southwest Side, Johnson brought up the Mother's Day weekend violence himself in his prepared remarks. He focused his remarks on how much of the bloodshed is being driven by about 1,300 individuals on the Police Department's "strategic subject list" — those believed to be most prone to violence as a victim or offender.

About 78 percent of the homicide victims and about 84 percent of the nonfatal shooting victims this weekend were on the list, he said.

"That means essentially we know who they are," he told reporters at 50th Street and South Karlov Avenue, where a Chicago police officer fatally shot a bank robbery suspect on Monday. "Oftentimes, they have gang affiliations, and many have had previous arrests and convictions."

And
I have repeatedly posted that both the majority of the victims and the shooters all have long criminal histories and are not normal people with guns....

He then ticked off nearly 10 examples of how many arrests these victims had on their records, ranging from 20 each all the way up to 41.

This is the actual problem....prosecutors and judges who let these 1,300 thugs back on the streets over and over again....

As his predecessor, Garry McCarthy, often did, Johnson lamented how many of these offenders "cycle through the criminal justice system," often serving less than half their prison terms before returning back to the street to commit "the same acts of violence or worse," he said.

How small is the actual gun crime problem.....1,300 thugs......are the potential shooters...all known to police...out of a chicago population of 2,722,389.....

Chicago's population ekes out really small gain

As I pointed out before...this story confirms what I have been saying about gun crime in the U.S........legal gun owners are not the problem.....and considering that as more Americans own and carry guns...our gun crime rate has gone down......anti gunners need to be put in their place for the lack of truth they keep putting out there.

So....if you know 1300 people out of 3,000,000 are responsible for a SHOCKING 86% of all shootings....cant cops just focus on...no...no...no....that's profiling.

Forum List

Back