How To Fix The Disastrous Republican Tax Law

the dialy kos...uh boy

ok

1. Eliminate the preferential rate for capital gains and qualified dividends: This isn’t new, it was in the law even before the 2017 legislation. Capital gains – that is, the profits on sales of capital assets like stocks and bonds, real estate, or collectibles – are taxed at a preferential rate, capped at 15% or 20% depending on the amount of income.
What this means is that people who work for a living pay the full rate of tax, while investors get a big tax break. (As Warren Buffet has stated, he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.) In addition to promoting income inequality and preferring upper income taxpayers,

"exempt all gain on the sale of a principal residence held for more than five years, with additional exceptions (if held less than five years) for involuntary sale situations like transfers, illness, etc. "

number 1 you're already hurting main street

main street and wall st have been attached at the hip ...well since the INTERNET took off

people WHO work for a living also may own some real estate and HAVE investments,,,how do you think a lot of people increase their wealth? wait by the mailbox for the new green deal guaranteed income check ?

the real estate specifically what about small time renovators ,flippers, and smaller private investment groups ?

IMO it's pretty obvious that TrumpBots don't give a shit that Trump gave the wealthiest 0.01% & the corporations a massive tax break, and turned right around and fvcked Joe Six Pack.

I'm thinking that the TrumpBots actually like getting fvcked.

I'm not in the top 0.01%, top 0.1% or even top 1%.
I got a decent tax cut.

I am not either and I got a big tax increase!

Really? What changed for you?

Cannot write off any of my travel expenses, mileage, work clothes, tools, hottel/lodging or any other expenses related to my job!

MAGA!!!!!

Cannot write off any of my travel expenses, mileage, work clothes, tools, hottel/lodging or any other expenses related to my job!

Your employer doesn't reimburse you for any of those expenses?

No work for multiple contractors in any given year.

I got a decent tax cut.

MAGA!!!!!

They are obviously working for the wrong employer

Which one, none of us get out expenses paid. Perhaps you should learn a little more of what you're talking about before typing your tripe.

I got a decent tax cut.

MAGA!!!!!

What percentage of your annual income are these unreimbursed expenses?

MAGA!!!!!

What percentage of your annual income are these unreimbursed expenses?

Usually because of amount of miles driven for the year(anywhere from 25,000-35,000) it is a good chunk. Anywhere from 20- 28%.

Trump artificially juiced the economy, when it didn't need it, with massive tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation. So now, when this 10-year expansion cycle peters out - there is nothing left to juice the economy with at a time when it's actually needed. What deficit? What national debt?

Trump artificially juiced the economy, when it didn't need it, with massive tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation. So now, when this 10-year expansion cycle peters out - there is nothing left to juice the economy with at a time when it's actually needed. What deficit? What national debt?

What? Trump signed a stimulus package? ...dumbass.

What? Trump signed a stimulus package? ...dumbass.

more of less that is what the tax cut was supposed to be.

Now we know it failed and did nothing but make the deficit even larger as revenue went down for 2018 compared to 2017

More proof of what hypocritical SCUM dimocrap FILTH are.

All we heard about for nearly 5 years was 'Pay Your Fair Share'.

So when President of The United States, Donald J Trump does just that -- Stops the totally unfair deduction the rich get in hi-tax States, they cry like the little bitches they are.

Why should the rest of America subsidize dimocrap scum in hi-tax States?

Why should the people of Iowa have to pay more so that dimocrap FILTH in New Yawk and Kalifornication can get a deduction on their absurd State and Local Taxes?

Florida, where I live, has NO Income Tax and we're the richest State in the Union. We have more money in State coffers that New Yawk, Kalifunny and Illinoise combined.

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjour...a-tops-ranking-of-states-fiscal-strength.html

And we get blasted by Hurricanes every other year.

And yet, we don't have an Income Tax.

Why is that, dimocrap scum??

Edit: Irma knocked us down to #4 but we'll be back at #1 sooner rather than later.

State Fiscal Rankings

Yup. I live in Florida as well and am proud of our Governor and legislature.

Couldn't live in a better state.

There are many things wrong about or current U.S. income tax system, particularly after the changes made by the misnamed 2017 “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” that was passed in the dead of night by Republicans desperate to appease their political contributors; too many to cover in this diary. Therefore, this is not a comprehensive critique, but I offer some proposals with respect to what I see as the main problems with the Republican tax bill.

How to Fix the Disastrous Republican Tax Law

Specifics you will soon be hearing about as this disaster gets overturned.

And have no illusions in your mind, it's going to be overturned.

The tax law is fine the way it is.

Forum List

Back