How to get a new fob?

Hubby lost fob. Hubby said fob would be about 100 bones....fob is 483 bones...wtf? how can one get a fob replaced cheaper?
If you have two fobs and lose one, you can buy another un-programmed fob or key fob on Amazon for your make/model of vehicle, then the new fob can programmed from the existing one. Videos available on YouTube. Many professional locksmiths can handle for much less expensive than auto dealers, especially if you already have the new fob. I just replaced one where the key had broke out of the fob, irreparably. When all was said and done, I had $40 bucks in the new key fob.

Depending on the car most key fobs have a physical key inside the fob.
Mine has a physical key but it won't start the car. It is only there for the doors. Our trunk doesn't even use a key. You have to have the fob or push the button on the dash. If you have the fob, you can either use the button on it or stand close to the trunk and feel around for the release under the lip.

This is why I prefer my truck. Hell it has roll up and down windows LOL. Probably the last vehicle I will ever own with those.

rav 4...2024

Try Batteries Plus. They can get and program fobs. The only difference I have seen is they do not have the manufacturer logo (Dodge SRT, in my case) on them.

Getting the fob isn’t the expense. It’s getting the dealer to program the fob that costs the money. You may be able to get the fob cheaply at an automostts store but the dealership will still have to program it for you.

Both of the fibs fit my 2017 Escape have had to be replaced in the last year.

Absolutely wrong. Many other places can program fobs.

they don't have the fob I need but thanks
Did you try Ace Hardware?

Screenshot_20240608-142206-484.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back